Status
Not open for further replies.

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
My state just enacted a statewide indoor smoking ban a couple of months ago. While my husband and I always vaped in bars, we haven't been out on the town since the ban was enacted. Another post in ECF stated that the lieutenant governor confirmed that vaping is NOT covered in the smoking ban, so we know it's legal here.

On Saturday night we met up with some friends to bar hop for my birthday. (We were walking!) I mentioned to my husband that I was excited to be able to go out and vape, but he was concerned that I'd be "making a scene." so, the first place we went to, a bar we had never been to, I stealth vaped. The next bar was one we had vaped in before, so at first I didn't stealth vape, but was discreet. The bar manager saw me and didn't comment. The bar was nearly empty (sad for a Saturday night) so we vaped openly. The manager commented that he was familiar with e-cigs. We talked a bit about me getting them a CASAA no smoking door/vaping allowed door cling and maybe table tents. He was very interested in that. I may just buy some sticker paper and print a bunch of door signs out to hand out to the bars and restaurants around town!

So, encouraged, we all walked to a few more places and openly vaped while people went outside to smoke. (Stealth vaping has the effect that you want to just inhale and blow out a big cloud as soon as you can, lol!) People asked us about them, I let a couple of acquaintances try my mocha cappuccino - which they LOVED. The bartenders all seemed familiar with the fact that it wasn't smoke and that it was not included in the indoor ban.

And I have to say, it was actually quite nice waking up this morning after a night out at the bars and not having my hair and clothes reeking from stale smoke or my throat sore from a smoke-filed bar. :)

Overall, a very successful and satisfying night out vaping! :thumbs:

Stu

ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2009
Queens, NY
Nice! Back in July I made a trip to my home town of Lexington, KY where there is an indoor smoking ban that has been in place for years. I don't go out much here in NY because it's just too expensive, so I hadn't had much experience with vaping in a place where you can't smoke. Anyway, we went to a bar in Lexington called Lynagh's. While we were there I really wanted to use my pv but was a little afraid of drawing attention to us. My friend, who had just tried my pv for the first time during our visit, asked if he could take a drag while we were sitting at the bar. I said that I wasn't sure if they would be cool with that. Well, my friend called the bartender over and asked. He said it was no problem.

So, we sat there passing my pv between me, my wife and our friend. We were there for a few hours and had several people, including the bartender, ask for information about e-cigs. I ended up doing a lot of writing on bar napkins that night. It was cool to be able to vape at the bar and to help spread some info at the same time!

Pheisty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2009
Wisconsin
Awesome!!! I live in Wisconsin, as well (I actually had started a non-profit to stop the WI smoking ban...maybe you'd heard of it? "Ban the Ban Wisconsin"?). Anyway, I've gone to some bars in my area and have had great luck. I always ask the bartenders first, but none of them have had any issues with it. I've also turned quite a few people on to vaping by doing this.

I told my husband that I'm a vaping disciple...so we should definitely go out more so I can help 'spread the word'. LOL

And yes, it's absolutely wonderful not waking up smelling like smoke...it also does wonders for hangovers, which I've found are nearly non-existent since I quit smoking. Not that I drink that much, but before I'd have one or two and wake up with a pounding headache because I added the alcohol with a pack of smokes.

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
Yeah - I think the carbon monoxide adds to a hangover and people tend to smoke more when they drink!

@Stu - I can't tell you how many napkins I've used to write down e-cig info! You can also download info business cards from CASAA now, so I carry those and some cards from my favorite vendors - nhaler, eliquidplanet, digitalciggz, etc. to hand out. Much easier!

Shortly after I started vaping, I went outside at a bar to take a few puffs just because I was still self-conscious that someone might see the vapor and freak out. One of the bartenders came after me, telling me that not only was I permitted to vape at the bar, but others were intrigued by my e-cig as well. Needless to say, I got to spread the news, even somehow becoming the "popular guy" for a night, LOL. I might add that that was with the crummy mall kiosk e-cig I had at the time. The first time I took my "super-cig" in, people were even more amazed. I still tend to be discrete about it unless I know people, and never vape in restaurants, but the more people that know and accept PVs, the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread