Vaping with acid reflux / GERD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnnyvapor18

Dec 28, 2016
okay so i'm just curious if anyone vapes with acid reflux or gerd an if it affects them? I'm 21 and I have its really bad i'm on medicine for it. It has been has been so bad recently though and my chest has been hurting so I haven't been vaping that much bad and I really want too and it has also been hard to breathe. I know cigarettes aggravate it, but do you guys think vaping does also?

Reactions: smacuser

Johnnyvapor18

Dec 28, 2016
for me pg was triggering one of the many reasons I got into diy. Also nicotine triggers it for me. But I'm at low enough it doesn't get in high enough concentrate im at 1.5mg/ml. That has been my experience i take medicine twice a day for it but cigs were the worst or on par with pg
Yeah that is very understandable. See I have never had a problem with pg and nic. 8 usually vape 80/20 or 70/30 and always 3 mg of nic. I went out last night with some friends and smoked about ten cigarettes but that could be why, i'm on medicine and I take it everyday, maybe it's the cigarettes or I just need a higher dosage

NU_FTW

Ultra Member
Dec 6, 2016
Yeah that is very understandable. See I have never had a problem with pg and nic. 8 usually vape 80/20 or 70/30 and always 3 mg of nic. I went out last night with some friends and smoked about ten cigarettes but that could be why, i'm on medicine and I take it everyday, maybe it's the cigarettes or I just need a higher dosage
just an fyi people can develop allergies and or sensitivity even after countless exposure it can does happen not saying it has or did but is possible especially as you age. I've been dealing with severe reflux since 16 but cigs didn't trigger it until my late 20s

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
Myself, I've had GURD for some years, very severe GURD. To the point of having to have the stretching done twice. Well when I got off the stinkies and started Vaping it drastically improved. The daily med's I had to take (very expensive) that if I missed a day it was like a hot poker in my gut, was on them 7 years. Well I only need to take one every 4 days or so and it continues to improve.

So how has it affect GURD, for me not at all and since I quit the stinkies I've been weaning myself off the med's.

Adik Ted

ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2009
Scotland
I had really severe GERD at one time. I often had to get up at night and deliberately vomit in the hope I'd get some sleep. Discovered it was caused by a medicine I was on for my breathing (theophylline) but not before I spent 5 months on antacids (lansoprazole). In those 5 months I experienced terrible joint and muscle pain along with severe bloating which also seemed to affect my breathing. Felt so much better after I stopped the medicines. Now, if I feel it coming on, a half teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda mixed with water calms it down. Stay away from doctors, they're dangerous. I'm a chain vaper and I can't say I've ever related it to GERD.

Reactions: BackDoc

pahick

ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2014
Southern PA
Take this with a grain of salt, but, being sick for years now I was diagnosed with gerd. The majority of people diagnosed with gerd do not have gerd, an excess of acid, but just the opposite, not enough stomach acid. My problem was complicated. I have thyroid disease and when youre hypothyroid you dont create enough acid. We later found out the reason my thyroid was failing. I have Lyme disease with bartonella, have had it for years but didnt know it until 2 yrs ago. As soon as I started treating the Lyme my "gerd" went away and my thyroid meds were cut in half. But, enough about me. Again though, the majority of people with gerd actually have not enough stomach acid. Be careful on antiacids, H2 blockers arent as bad, PPIs are the ones you really have to be careful with. God bless and good luck figuring it out.

ej1024

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2014
usa
GERD VS ACID REFLUX VS HEART BURN..

GERD is a serious disease that needs medical attention... meds, diet ,modification, (SURGERY) etccccc..

Acid reflux is a symptom! (????)
I don't have GERD, but I get acid reflux every know and then from eating spicy foods, drinking excess alcohol , eating junk foods,foods high in saturated fat vaping (bad nicotine) etcc....

HEARTBURN another symptom!
This is when your stomach is splashing acid to your chest area often mistaken as HEART ATTACk...

I remember 3 months ago, I was vaping Katy peary and Ralph coconut flavored jooze and I noticed I was having bad acid reflux and experiencing really bad heart burn,I contacted vendor, didn't hear anything back! No more buying from that vendor!
No more SIRACHA!

I don't think vaping causes GERD...

Acid reflux/heartburn on the other hand can be a variety of a reasons...

If you are diagnosed with GERD, please take that seriously...

Acid reflux/heart burn symptoms can easily be avoided.....
Know what triggers it
Eliminate those triggering factors
VAPE ON....

[emoji100][emoji100][emoji100][emoji100][emoji100]

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
lol I usually vape 100% vg juice o kmow it isn't that. I have been smoking a couple cigs a day so maybe it is that . Idk I mean what i'm experiencing is part of acid reflux.
Use hcl pills to boost your stomach acid during a meal.

If you feel a warmth in your stomach your dose is 1 less per meal.

You'll naturally wean off.

Get a good probiotic. Us it religiously for a month or 3.

Fix your diet. More essential fatty acids. Less garbage.

Remove wheats and grains from your diet.

Remove sugar from your diet.

Replace white sugar with truvia, coconut sugar or another beneficial sugar where possible.

Run as fast as you can from antacids.

Tapatyped

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread