Vaping with acid reflux / GERD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnnyvapor18

Dec 28, 2016
Take this with a grain of salt, but, being sick for years now I was diagnosed with gerd. The majority of people diagnosed with gerd do not have gerd, an excess of acid, but just the opposite, not enough stomach acid. My problem was complicated. I have thyroid disease and when youre hypothyroid you dont create enough acid. We later found out the reason my thyroid was failing. I have Lyme disease with bartonella, have had it for years but didnt know it until 2 yrs ago. As soon as I started treating the Lyme my "gerd" went away and my thyroid meds were cut in half. But, enough about me. Again though, the majority of people with gerd actually have not enough stomach acid. Be careful on antiacids, H2 blockers arent as bad, PPIs are the ones you really have to be careful with. God bless and good luck figuring it out.
See I've been taking ppis everyday lol opremazole

pahick

ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2014
Southern PA
See I've been taking ppis everyday lol opremazole

They are nasty. Doesnt matter which PPI. Just do a search sometime, like "omeprazole + rebound" or "PPI + magnesium deficiency". Youll end up on some forums where patients are seeking help. A lot of horror stories big pharma doesnt want you to hear. And the surgeries are just as bad. Most not needed. Just be careful. Good luck.

BackDoc

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2010
Galts Gulch
Use hcl pills to boost your stomach acid during a meal.

If you feel a warmth in your stomach your dose is 1 less per meal.

You'll naturally wean off.

Get a good probiotic. Us it religiously for a month or 3.

Fix your diet. More essential fatty acids. Less garbage.

Remove wheats and grains from your diet.

Remove sugar from your diet.

Replace white sugar with truvia, coconut sugar or another beneficial sugar where possible.

Run as fast as you can from antacids.

Tapatyped
Darn it Beck, you are right on the mark!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: beckdg

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
okay so i'm just curious if anyone vapes with acid reflux or gerd an if it affects them? I'm 21 and I have its really bad i'm on medicine for it. It has been has been so bad recently though and my chest has been hurting so I haven't been vaping that much bad and I really want too and it has also been hard to breathe. I know cigarettes aggravate it, but do you guys think vaping does also?

I've dealt with this, and vaping certain flavors can sometimes aggravate it. If you look up foods that do it, it's possible those same flavors of vape will to, at least in my experience. So for me, I just avoid cinnamon and a few others like that. Also, I try not to vape too much before going to bed since that's when it's bad for me. I'd just take it easy and find some flavors that won't do it. I do find it depends on the specific juice.

And side note, I dealt with acid reflux for most of my life, and the only thing that fixed it for me was losing weight and changing my diet in general. I tried every sort of medication and they all suck. Eat clean, avoid fast food and greasy stuff and try to narrow down what triggers it for you. Best of luck...it really is brutal.

Reactions: Spikel

BackDoc

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2010
Galts Gulch
They are nasty. Doesnt matter which PPI. Just do a search sometime, like "omeprazole + rebound" or "PPI + magnesium deficiency". Youll end up on some forums where patients are seeking help. A lot of horror stories big pharma doesnt want you to hear. And the surgeries are just as bad. Most not needed. Just be careful. Good luck.
Learned my lesson, took nexium 3 years ago after a scope found a large ulcer in my stomach.........3 weeks later AFIB........had to be Paddled to bring heart out of A FIB.......it lowers your Mag level as you've stated and if it goes past a certain level can give you a Heart Attack/AFIB............dangerous stuff.....have had heart palpitations to this day

• Disagree
Reactions: Spikel

Johnnyvapor18

Dec 28, 2016
Learned my lesson, took nexium 3 years ago after a scope found a large ulcer in my stomach.........3 weeks later AFIB........had to be Paddled to bring heart out of A FIB.......it lowers your Mag level as you've stated and if it goes past a certain level can give you a Heart Attack/AFIB............dangerous stuff.....have had heart palpitations to this day
See they just prescribed me pantoprazole idk what to think of it

fiddleshe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
I have very severe gerd and hypothyroidism. I have to take 2 different types of antigerd pills everyday to keep it in check because it burned my esophagus so bad it have me precancerous lesions called barettes esophagus. Anyways I chain vape and it doesn't affect my gerd at all. I have no idea what my pg/ vg ratio is. It does however make me a little congested and wheezy.

Reactions: Eskie
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread