Vapor modified - Spartan Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben85

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2014
Kent, UK
In my usual searching around for mech's, I have stumbled across the Spartan mod - Vapor Modified I am intrigued by the switch design. Has anyone here got one? How is the clip on the switch wearing after some use?

This is a high end priced mod btw, but clones are available for guys like me ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Kprthevapr

Ben85

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2014
Kent, UK
Ok, it's been a few weeks so I can give some feedback on the switch after some use.

After using the mod daily and doing at least 2 battery changes each day, I can confirm that there has not been any sort of play or wear so far. In fact, I like the ease of it so much that I haven't touched another mech since it arrived (no other mod has done that). From the videos it appears that the clone's switch comes out a lot easier than the genuine, which for wear reasons I feel is a good thing. It's certainly not going anywhere.

Still rocking a Goon on top which fits like a glove. Really liking this set up.

Reactions: Kprthevapr

Ben85

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2014
Kent, UK
Just realised this thread has no pic! Need to change that...

5ovxjs.jpg

Ben85

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2014
Kent, UK
Nice! I've been looking at that one too. How does it feel in the hand? Do the grooves bother ya any?

Feels good in the hand and being 24mm is perfect with a 24mm RDA. The grooves don't bother me in the slightest. If anything, I like them.

The only difference I can see from the original is that the clone doesn't have the lining in the tube. I added my own just for S's and giggles. Loving the ease of changing out a battery. Literally takes seconds with nothing to adjust. Makes my subzero seem like a huge PITA with the unscrewing of the cap and then tweaking the contact. I think this mod is going to make me very lazy :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread