Vaporizer is hard to draw through

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeon

Aug 2, 2015
Hi,

Since about a week ago it has become very hard to draw through my e cigarette. It still produces vapour, but I have to press the button for a long time and only a fraction comes through. I implemented some suggestions I read online, such as poking through the vent holes with a needle (they weren't clogged) and flooding the atomizer and blowing through it (it did appear that a few "chunky" bits fell out, as well as some liquid that was darker than usual), as well as replacing the wick, but to no avail. For reference I am using a Kanger Mini Protank 3 and a Spinner II battery. The amount of charge left on the battery does not seem to affect the draw in this case.

Any advice is appreciated.

Kind regards

Zeon

Aug 2, 2015
Yes, I believe I replaced the coil head and the wick, I might be confused so here is a picture which shows what I replaced
evod-coil-e-cig-city-long-beach.jpg

By thorough cleaning, do you mean dipping it in alcohol/boiling water, etc?

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
Yes, I believe I replaced the coil head and the wick, I might be confused so here is a picture which shows what I replaced
evod-coil-e-cig-city-long-beach.jpg

By thorough cleaning, do you mean dipping it in alcohol/boiling water, etc?
Yes thats s the coil head. Like DJ said, you could have gotten a bad one. CLeaning..I use vodka rather than rubbing alcohol as I prefer not to risk any leftover residue from cleaning (they both evaporate well). Water works too. Use a q tip for scrubbing. I'd try another coil first though.

spacekitty

Krazee Kat Laydee & Guru-X2.5
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
SoCal, USA
Why waste good Vodka??? :D

I always clean my stuff in 91% Isopropyl alcohol (NOT rubbing!) and it can be found on the shelf right next to the other kind.

Make sure that you clean the threads of the batt with a Q-tip, too, and if nothing else seems to work, you can always try lifting up the center pin with a small screwdriver.... VERY gently!!!

(btw, the Vodka I drink is triple distilled... lol)

Oh... and Welcome to the ECF!!! :thumb:

Reactions: dcfluegel

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
Why waste good Vodka??? :D

I always clean my stuff in 91% Isopropyl alcohol (NOT rubbing!) and it can be found on the shelf right next to the other kind.

Make sure that you clean the threads of the batt with a Q-tip, too, and if nothing else seems to work, you can always try lifting up the center pin with a small screwdriver.... VERY gently!!!

(btw, the Vodka I drink is triple distilled... lol)

Oh... and Welcome to the ECF!!! :thumb:

I don't waste good vodka... I bought a large bottle of the very cheap stuff just for cleaning... the good stuff is in an entirely different cabinet!

spacekitty

Krazee Kat Laydee & Guru-X2.5
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
SoCal, USA
I don't waste good vodka... I bought a large bottle of the very cheap stuff just for cleaning... the good stuff is in an entirely different cabinet!

Yeah... the last time I went to buy the 91% stuff, it was almost as expensive as Vodka... :eek: LOL!!

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
if you think about how the air has to flow, it is a very difficult and imprecise pathway where the air has to come in from the sides, squeeze though a slot at the top of the battery, get through a hole in the 510 thread of the protank 3, then go down to get to the hole at the bottom of the coil head on the centerpin - oh btw, that centerpin has to have a slot through it where the air could pass (I've seen before where a batch of coil heads did not have the slot so there was no airflow), then the air has to move up through the coil head .

I used to run my protanks on the ego-threaded bases from miniprotanks instead of using the 510 thread base that came with the protanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread