• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Viva Nova Questions??

Status
Not open for further replies.

VaporBill

Aug 6, 2012
Brantford
I just wanted to place a bit of a warning. For everything good there are fakes produced. I am just recently placed an order with a new company and did not pay attention to what I was ordering. The description was Vivi Clearomizer not Vivi Nova and I got a counterfeit Vivi. It comes with a nice steel drip tip but the vape experience is far from being a Vivi Nova 2.5 and actually tastes almost burnt all the time. The heads are not even close to being the same so I am out of luck there too.
viviNova.jpg

WolfeReign

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2011
Wolfe Paradise
I just wanted to place a bit of a warning. For everything good there are fakes produced. I am just recently placed an order with a new company and did not pay attention to what I was ordering. The description was Vivi Clearomizer not Vivi Nova and I got a counterfeit Vivi. It comes with a nice steel drip tip but the vape experience is far from being a Vivi Nova 2.5 and actually tastes almost burnt all the time. The heads are not even close to being the same so I am out of luck there too.
View attachment 137578

Sorry to hear about that, but thanks for thing info, can i ask which vendor you got it from, as this could be good information as well for people to avoid them. I mean if they sold you a fake nova tank, makes me wonder what else they could have on their site as fake.

VaporBill

Aug 6, 2012
Brantford
Sorry to hear about that, but thanks for thing info, can i ask which vendor you got it from, as this could be good information as well for people to avoid them. I mean if they sold you a fake nova tank, makes me wonder what else they could have on their site as fake.

Everything else I ordered was legit, and I have to be fair as their description said Vivi Clearomizer not Vivi Nova so I don't think I would like to out them as a bad supplier. I would just warn people to read descriptions and verify anything your not sure about. I read elsewhere in this forum that if your not sure contact the supplier to find out, so I am just a much to blame. They should advertize this device a Vivi style clearomizer, so that its not as misleading.

therealcmac

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2011
Vancouver Island, BC Canada
www.youtube.com
View attachment 137578

So the heads are not interchangeable between the two? That is crazy crappy if so.

therealcmac

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2011
Vancouver Island, BC Canada
www.youtube.com

Projectguy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2012
Oakville, ON
This has been up for two days and no one has idea's for you? Well i got some, but you are going to need a few more pieces of equipment so as it looks a bit better.

Now are you talking about the one with chrome end caps? I am asking as this is the idea i have for it....

Get yourself a ego to 510 adapter (the ones "made" for provari, they have the centre 'vent' hole). Put the adapter on the lava tube. Now around the ego threading add a stainless steel shorty cone (either round our flanged). Add the tank. If when snug it is too tight to no draw, then unscrew it, and as you dry draw (without pressing the fire button) screw it into the connector slowly. You should get it to where the tank is a hair line turn past were it might wobble on the adapter and this will give a better overall draw. Yes i know it might seem to light, but one thing i found is it does not come down to long wicks or short wicks, but how much air gets into the tank that effects your throat hit and flavor (as well as certain drip tips)

Now if you excuse me the Caffine gods call me and i must obey ;) i hope this was helpful and let me know if it is

Hey Constantine thanks. I did go down that road and it did work as you say but the wobble is unacceptable and the shorty connection makes it look [ insert profanity here ].

BTW tried to PM you but your turned off

WolfeReign

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2011
Wolfe Paradise
In the following Pictures the Counterfeit head is on the left and the Vivi Nova head is on the right. As you can see, one of the wicks is not even in the coil wrap.

I am with cmac on this one (shocking i know :p). If it was not for the fact of one of the wicks being in the coil wrap i would ask if they came with what looked like a spike through the rubber condom? I would think the vendor sent them in error but with the disrepair that one of them is in i find it unique that China has had the nova heads cloned so fast (or maybe it is a standard turn around time)?

Hey Constantine thanks. I did go down that road and it did work as you say but the wobble is unacceptable and the shorty connection makes it look [ insert profanity here ].

Is this for the lava tube/ knight rider/ L-rider/ Lambo/ Vmax in beta stage/ mouth.....well......you get the idea on names.....is this the one that has the center pin which is retractable? There is so many combinations i can supply you with right now, but i want to give the right one.

The only wobble i found was on the Revolution 2 (yes i am a cheap son of a :censored: with all my gear, but it works and i love the oddness of them) to be very bad to where the tank would fall off, so i got a provari version of the 510 to ego connection and works great...

As for the bolt, i have gotten in my silver aluminum body for the vivi nova tank (pictures below sorry for poor quality still learning the AT&T phone my wife sent me from the states with gear...from Kansas took only two days to get to me :D gotta love the tricks to ups ;) ) i have the 510 to ego adapter, and shorty (flared) cone on the bolt

I wish i lived a bit closer to you dude so as i could help you out more (and get in coffee + vape meets :D)

Photo0105_zpsc1a50960.jpg

The above is all the parts i used

Photo0104_zpsa802bd20.jpg

Above: On the left: The vivi nova tank on a evo, on the right: vivi nova with new solid metal body, with 510 to ego connector under her and connected to the bolt with the shorty cone for eye candy. Please note i did not scew the cone higher as you need air flow in the tank

recidivus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 20, 2012
Canada
www.youtube.com
Heyyyy, I got one of those fakes too. Listed as Vivi (not nova) just the same. My wife is using it till the Sunday meet where I'll be picking up a few novas and replacement heads. It's "okay", but I don't feel like having 2 separate handfuls of heads to keep track of and am unsure how easily re-coiled the fake is. Oh I stole the drip tip though, it's nice.

Constantine, just from curiosity, what's that sloped shorty cone look like...the other way around? I know I know...CRAZY! But I'm one craAAaaaAzy fellow.

WolfeReign

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2011
Wolfe Paradise
Heyyyy, I got one of those fakes too. Listed as Vivi (not nova) just the same. My wife is using it till the Sunday meet where I'll be picking up a few novas and replacement heads. It's "okay", but I don't feel like having 2 separate handfuls of heads to keep track of and am unsure how easily re-coiled the fake is. Oh I stole the drip tip though, it's nice.

Constantine, just from curiosity, what's that sloped shorty cone look like...the other way around? I know I know...CRAZY! But I'm one craAAaaaAzy fellow.

I am going to post this and stomp of with a flounce and a pout as there is only one crazy person around here and that is me...in fact if we wait in this spot long enough you will see people come along who will validate the rather low intelligence i have gathered :p :D

Anyway the shorty c cone seems to look wrong lol, i got about 1/2 a turn as it sat on the bolt. What you do not see in the picture is that the ego to 510 adapter will not reach the bolts center pin. Even with the "Vape safe 2 cent fuse" in the bolt i am unwilling to try and raise the bolts center connection pin....I love having that fuse for about 70 to 80 percent more protection on a hard short but i am not THAT crazy

I snapped a shot of what it looks like with the ego shorty cone style as well.....all i can say is ...."awwwwkard!!!"

Photo0107_zpsf89f3fb8.jpg

Photo0108_zps8a60176d.jpg

ps: after getting getting the care package from my wife and son and wonderful in laws from back home i was shocked i had forgot about my bloog 808's and their unique drink tips.....need to experiment with them now lol

WolfeReign

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2011
Wolfe Paradise
Bah, was hoping it'd be more flush with the tank...getting a 510-ego this weekend and know it's gonna look odd on my pv, was hoping a reverse slope'd help. Oh well, function trumps fashion in my little PV world.

Well it could still look good, not sure if i said it, this is on my bolt which is way bigger then a ego :D I am debating of going to stalk the mail man this morning for vape mail that should have arrived Monday according to the tracking on the site 0_o)

One thing i would have to say you need to get (note i did not say should or may want to :p) is the metal vivi nova tank, looking at it now they have the following colors: Purple
Silver
Red
Green
Black
Brown
Blue
So you can really match it up to the color or your ego/batteries and add a matching drip tip......VOILA! instant fashion AND function for you :D (plus those silly worries about what type of juice to not put in it goes away...down side? the metal does not have any form of 'window' to tel you juice levels)

i should have a utter mini review video up on it, as well as the 300mah stealth battery :D

VaporBill

Aug 6, 2012
Brantford

I like the drip tip too and I'm using it on my ver 2.5 Vivi Nova. It looks cool with the stainless steel ego twist a smok ego cone and the vivi nova.

I would have to say the actual Vivi Nova works much better then the counterfit version. The Fake doesn't wick well and if you are a chain vapor like I am then after 4 to 5 hauls on it you taste burnt flavor.

WolfeReign

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2011
Wolfe Paradise
Bah, was hoping it'd be more flush with the tank...getting a 510-ego this weekend and know it's gonna look odd on my pv, was hoping a reverse slope'd help. Oh well, function trumps fashion in my little PV world.

seeing as you asked, i did apply the shorty C cone to the stealth ego i got, and i have to say it is sleeker then anything :D who knew i would FINALLY be able to accessorize :D :D
sleekandsexy_zps690af594.jpg

chagrin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 29, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Can someone tell me what the difference is between a v2.5 and v3? I got a couple v2.5's a couple weeks ago, and went back to the website and found that they had replaced v2.5's with the v3, so I ordered them instead as I wanted a couple more.

The only thing I've heard and what canvape's site says is that the center pole was updated. I assume they tried a second time to make it flush with the threads, so you don't need to file it down with any luck.

X P3 Flight Engineer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Moncton, N.B. Canada
Can someone tell me what the difference is between a v2.5 and v3? I got a couple v2.5's a couple weeks ago, and went back to the website and found that they had replaced v2.5's with the v3, so I ordered them instead as I wanted a couple more.

From post #1652 (Mopar) on the Canvape Thread:

"They just have long wicks and the positive pole has been shortened a little for better compatibility. Nothing ultra exciting, great units, and up on the site for sale now."

The idea is: A vender is allowed to call them anything they want to! The version 1 (air hole in the base) had major problems. Version 2 (air hole on 510 connector) had only slight problems; post length, wick of assorted lengths.

They are all good now, as you obviously agree since you are ordering more. Lol

Enjoy!

chagrin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 29, 2012
Toronto, Canada
X P3 Flight Engineer found the post I was thinking of, thanks !

I'm thinking the same thing Jables. I have one mini nova, with a second on the way and 3 Kanger T2s. I'm still up in the air about about which I like better, if only they would breed and have babies. :p Ego threading, solid base, vivi long wick head and driptip I'd be in love. :) I'm resisting buying 5-10 of each so far. I just carry 2 twists and 2 clearomizers around per day. Usually JS 2 and another flavour every day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread