Status
Not open for further replies.

Kataphraktos

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2013
New York, NY
The repair kit is for the mechanical REO's only. The Reducer Tube is slipped into the bottom of the tube that goes into the bottle to reduce the flow of juice. It is typically used for juices containing high % PG and are thin. You can order bottles, tube/caps, and spring that will work in your VV Grand. May I ask, does it have a button on the side that sticks out or is it a smaller plunger type button that is set in a concave?

It is a button on the side that sticks out. Thanks for the info. I use 100% VG, and the VV grand works perfectly as is with the normal tube and bottle.

Kataphraktos

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2013
New York, NY
Welcome Kataphraktos.

Let me know if you need one.(reducer tube) I can send you one.

It's all good, I was just curious about it, I had no idea what those were for. I use 100% VG, the stock tube works perfectly.

I just swabbed all the parts with alcohol, rebuilt an A7, and she's was working pretty OK. I then plugged in my new eBaron Pro, which I purchased for my Provari, and she's OUTSTANDING.

I ordered some spare springs, bottles and added a Reomizer to see if I would get the same performance as the eBaron. Otherwise, I'll be getting an eBaron Spiral, which will fit without the 501-501 adapter - although, given the enthusiasm of folks here for the Reos + Reomizer combo, I doubt I will need to do so. I suspect I would need to experiment with coil builds to get the A7 to give me similar performance.

Now I have a Provari for home and a VV Grand for away, and both with the right atomizer and coil build give me great performance.

Kataphraktos

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2013
New York, NY
Well, here's an interesting twist. I spent the evening trying different wires on Ekowool with the A7. I built a 1.3 ohm 32AWG Kanthal on 1mm Kanthal with 3 wicks. Unlike low-resistance coils I've tried before, this one does not vape too hot or have a burned flavor to it. Really great vape on the VV grand.

FeistyAlice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Near Dallas Texas
It's all good, I was just curious about it, I had no idea what those were for. I use 100% VG, the stock tube works perfectly.

I just swabbed all the parts with alcohol, rebuilt an A7, and she's was working pretty OK. I then plugged in my new eBaron Pro, which I purchased for my Provari, and she's OUTSTANDING.

I ordered some spare springs, bottles and added a Reomizer to see if I would get the same performance as the eBaron. Otherwise, I'll be getting an eBaron Spiral, which will fit without the 501-501 adapter - although, given the enthusiasm of folks here for the Reos + Reomizer combo, I doubt I will need to do so. I suspect I would need to experiment with coil builds to get the A7 to give me similar performance.

Now I have a Provari for home and a VV Grand for away, and both with the right atomizer and coil build give me great performance.

Congrats. The eBaron Spiral fits the VVG, Grand, and Mini 2.1 without the need for an adapter or extender.

Feisty Alice

FeistyAlice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Near Dallas Texas
Can I get your opinions on the VV Reo grand? Are they really that bad compared to all the reviews I've seen on youtube?

Some problems they dont like: The small button and the batteries move.

I know that there is a new button now. What about the batteries? Has this problem been solved yet?
Also what about the draw? Is it airy or tight draw?

Oh, and what do you personally prefer? A VV woodville or the VV grand? Neither are mechanical anymore.

Robert is building all the VVGs with the new outie button now. He will replace the older innie buttons.

I've never had any issues with the AW IMR 18350 batteries becoming dislodged. I might add I don't go any rough, impact activities while carrying my VVGs other than in an outside pocket in my big purse.

The draw on any of the REOs is mainly related to what atty/RBA/carto you are using. In very rare cases, if you stuff an RBA into one of the smaller brass catchcups on a smaller Woodvil there could be restriction of air flow if the RBA has bottom air feed.

The metal VVG is going to be tougher because it is metal but Robert's Wood box design is one of the few Wood BF mods that can withstand repeated knocks, drops, slams. There are no glue joints to be concerned about as it's one block of wood. My VVGs (metal) have taken dunks into water and with proper blowing out, alcohol soak, blowout and a few days drying none have been affected by "swims." I can't assure you about the VV Woodvils though. I keep those guys away from bodies of water as much as possible. I'm sure at some point I will have some data to report as all my REOs have a "wildling" streak and I'm around water much of my normal day, pool, spa, buckets, sinks, cleaning chores, etc.

Feisty Alice

Kataphraktos

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2013
New York, NY
I just spent a couple of hours toying around with coils on the Reomizer 2 I just received. Short version: this is the perfect RBA for my VV Grand for me.

The A7 was an excellent performer on the VV Grand, I had a 2.0 ohm coil around some double-looped 1mm Ekowool for the last few days. Great clouds and flavor, but a bit too airy for me. If you like your vapes airy, I strongly suggest the A7.

For a tighter draw, The Reomizer 2 is a better fit. I tried one of the micro-coils, both with Kanthal 32g and Nichrome 1/64th ribbon, but the resistance was too low for my tastes. At 1.3 ohms, stuff just tastes a bit burnt to me at any voltage on any device. I do have some Kanthal 0.4mm ribbon and some 2mm Ekowool coming, both of which I purchased on Ebay, I might try another microcoil with that, but I doubt I can get the resistance I want with one of those.

With a double-looped Ekowool 1mm wick and 32g Kanthal looped 4/5, I get 2.1 ohms. I have found my sweet spot is 1.8-2.2 ohms, both on the VV Grand and on the Provari, using any RBA. The tightness of the draw is optimal. I do have to squonk a bit more often than with the A7. I tried flooding it a bit, which of course leads to gurgling until the excess liquid is vaporized, buta I can still vape through the flooding.

I might give the Ebaron Dripper Spiral a try in the future, but I seriously doubt I will improve my experience over the Reomizer 2.

Additional points: Compared to the A7, the shorter height makes for a more compact package. Building a coil is just as easy on both RBAs.

Kataphraktos

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2013
New York, NY
I spent about 20 minutes outside of a bar on the Lower East Side vaping off my VV Grand, Reomizer 2 with a 2.1 ohm 0.3mm ribbon wire coil around 2mm Ekowool. High humidity and no wind, the clouds just sort of settled there, refusing to dissipate, spread across the entrance to the bar, 10 feet in either direction.

It was glorious.

Kataphraktos

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2013
New York, NY
About a month in with the VV Grand... and it's still kicking me in the face like a donkey with a grudge. What a great, simple little device. First Reomizer coil just got swapped out after about 3 weeks, and only because I was bored and had rebuilt all my other devices... I created a new setup, same 0.3mm Kanthal ribbon and same single strand Ekowool 2mm, but this time with about 10mm wick on either side, wrapped around the circumference of the Reomizer and underneath the coil. Now it behaves a bit more like my eBDP, soaking up enough juice so I need to squonk less.

This is my "always works and works well" device, with my chrome Provari the tinkering platform for tanks, RBAs and other doodads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread