• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Want to go on to the next step up! please give advice here

Status
Not open for further replies.

rurwin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2014
Leicester, UK
I got one a while ago. It's a fair amount of bother, and I'm not sure it's any better than one of these: 510 Standard Resistance Atomiser [VE9] - £4.49 : Vape Escape if all you want to do is to taste eliquid.

On the other hand if you want to practice with coils and wicks, it's easy to rebuild without having to drain a tank first.

rurwin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2014
Leicester, UK
I know what you mean. It's rather more of an art than the videos make it look. I've got an EVOD with a nano coil and cotton working, but with far too much cotton, and my micro coil on the dripping atomiser is terrible. On the other hand the simple kanthal and silica job in the Russian 91% works a dream. I think it needs a fair amount of practise.

metalguru85

Moved On
Dec 16, 2013
Edinburgh
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered supplier

Bubblegum

ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2013
UK, Kent
It's Here :)

Fast Delivery from iVapour :mail:

photo 1.jpg

photo 2.jpg

Now i know why it's called a octopus lol..is that much wick needed?!

wondering if i should rebuild or try it first? Decisions...decisions :confused:

Bubblegum

ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2013
UK, Kent
If the coil looks good, try it first. Then you'll have a benchmark to judge against when you build your own.

The clone genesis I just got came ready built and it has a loose upper turn on its coil. I'll fix that before I try it.

I'm thinking I might trim the wicks at least as that's a lot of juice absorption and a lot of wick!

It's a t 2.0 ohm's so that's good :)

Bubblegum

ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2013
UK, Kent
Just for info (bubblegum)....

I wrap 6 times around a thin drill bit (or nail) and attach the two ends to the posts in the Octopus.

Then, I test it on the meter and glow it a few times. Then roll up the cotton wool, slide it in (tight) and drip!!

I've been looking at videos on youtube about doing dual coils with it.

rurwin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2014
Leicester, UK
FastTech is a wonderful resource, but not fast. Expect to wait well over a month for your stuff:
In my case...
Ordered: Jan 7th
Shipped: Jan 15th
Went Overseas: Jan 17th
Arrived in UK: Feb 15th
Delivered: some time before Feb 23rd

Also lot of the stuff is cloned and may be sub-standard. It is very much caveat emptor.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
FastTech is a wonderful resource, but not fast. Expect to wait well over a month for your stuff:
In my case...
Ordered: Jan 7th
Shipped: Jan 15th
Went Overseas: Jan 17th
Arrived in UK: Feb 15th
Delivered: some time before Feb 23rd

Also lot of the stuff is cloned and may be sub-standard. It is very much caveat emptor.

Agreed. Not-so-fast Tech! :)

I ordered a Samsung phone case that took 6 weeks. Then it was wrong, so I had to take photographic proof. Then they sent me another.
That took a month. So, all in all the best part of 1/4 of a year.

There is some horribly cheap stuff on there. Some of the eGos are not even worth a fiver.

terry w

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2012
Manchester UK
I recently went from clearomizers to RBA's myself. I bought a Hcigar Nemesis and Kayfun 3.1 and love them! I gave away all my clearomizers to a friend lol.

I had 22 iSmoka BCC Mini's, 4 Protanks, 2 Protanks 2's and 11 CE4/5 style clearo's. The money I spent on new heads for all of them I could have bought about 10+ Kayfuns lol.

I can't recommend Kayfuns enough to you, they really are first class. :)

I have to say that i am in love with my kayfun from fastech, so much so that i have ordered two more. In the 18 months i have been vaping, i can honestly say that these are the best tanks on the market for vapour production and flavour. (no stealth vaping with these) LOL. And as always it is only my opinion.

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
For tanks, I recommend all the iClear 30 range although they have a new one the x.1 which I've heard is also good, otherwise try the Kanger Aerotank & the Aspire Natilus ( a big tank ), leaking is usually down to the atomiser not being screwed in tight enough, I've only had one problem of leaking so far, and that was with an unknown maker Hypertank, but once I had tightened down the atomiser it is now fine.

Bubblegum

ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2013
UK, Kent
For tanks, I recommend all the iClear 30 range although they have a new one the x.1 which I've heard is also good, otherwise try the Kanger Aerotank & the Aspire Natilus ( a big tank ), leaking is usually down to the atomiser not being screwed in tight enough, I've only had one problem of leaking so far, and that was with an unknown maker Hypertank, but once I had tightened down the atomiser it is now fine.

I have a iclear on the way too can't wait to try it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread