*****WARNING JOYETECH PRODUCTS*****

Status
Not open for further replies.

planes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2013
MA
I don't know how else to get this message across. I've had 3 of the last 3 products from the joyetech company die.

My first eleaf died within 3 months. The replacement died within 3 months and the eVic VT died within 3 days of receipt.

joyetech refuses to resolve the eleaf matter and I am currently dealing with returning the 3rd joyetech product for a different item.

This is totally unacceptable and I will never purchase another product from this lousy company again.

You may have had different experiences but this string of faulty items purchased over the course of six months should give caution to anyone contemplating a Joyetech product.

Reactions: smacksy

planes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2013
MA
What do you mean abusive. I don't hit or scream at my devices.

Doesn't explain the eVic dying in 3 days. I use it as I use my other devices which are fine after years of use. There have been a fair amount of users that have had similar instances as this.

One can't explain away two eleafs dying within the same amount of time. Or eVics dying within 3 days.

Toronnah

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2012
Canada
Cheap Chinese crap people. These things die early deaths more than people here care to admit.

For me, I had a Coolfire 4 die withing a week and the replacement died a month later with only a weeks worth of vaping. I've had 10 out of 10 evods leak severely. I sticks that fail to fire every 10th draw.

Oh I could go on at even greater length but I won't. This market is flooded with crap that has a shiny paint job.

Reactions: BackDoc

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I don't know how else to get this message across. I've had 3 of the last 3 products from the Joyetech company die.

My first eleaf died within 3 months. The replacement died within 3 months and the eVic VT died within 3 days of receipt.

Joyetech refuses to resolve the eleaf matter and I am currently dealing with returning the 3rd Joyetech product for a different item.

This is totally unacceptable and I will never purchase another product from this lousy company again.

You may have had different experiences but this string of faulty items purchased over the course of six months should give caution to anyone contemplating a Joyetech product.

When you say "Die". What exactly happened to them?

planes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2013
MA
Highly unusual, I've had over 20 products from them, the only ones that died were from old age. You've never said where these were purchased from, or if they were genuine. Is it possible you got clones?

The original eleaf was purchased from 101vape. The replacement was from eleafs US distributor. The eVic VT was purchased from Gearbest.

planes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2013
MA
When you say "Die". What exactly happened to them?

Both eleafs started charging weirdly and then going dead which they would come back to life on the charger but incrementally dying faster and faster until they wouldn't charge at all. The last Eleaf got pretty dangerous as it started self firing my atty and burning the cotton. The only way to stop it was to grab a towel and twist the atty off as fast as possible.

The eVic VT just flat out stopped working period. Wouldn't take a charge or start-up.

planes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2013
MA
Cheap Chinese crap people. These things die early deaths more than people here care to admit.

For me, I had a Coolfire 4 die withing a week and the replacement died a month later with only a weeks worth of vaping. I've had 10 out of 10 evods leak severely. I sticks that fail to fire every 10th draw.

Oh I could go on at even greater length but I won't. This market is flooded with crap that has a shiny paint job.

Agreed. I'm never buying another battery device again. Only devices that require my own batteries.

Reactions: Toronnah

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Both eleafs started charging weirdly and then going dead which they would come back to life on the charger but incrementally dying faster and faster until they wouldn't charge at all. The last Eleaf got pretty dangerous as it started self firing my atty and burning the cotton. The only way to stop it was to grab a towel and twist the atty off as fast as possible.

The eVic VT just flat out stopped working period. Wouldn't take a charge or start-up.

Sounds like you are having a Run of some Really Bad Mojo.

Racked Up any Bad Karma points Lately? Or have a Lot Lingering from the Past maybe?

Reactions: petrotech

petrotech

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2015
indiana
It's not just joyetech. As vaping gets bigger, and mass production goes up, a lot more slip through QA. Main reason I use mechs now.

It does suck that you got three in a row, are you sure you didn't walk over any ancient burial grounds recently? ;)

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Agreed. I'm never buying another battery device again. Only devices that require my own batteries.

Kinda seems like the electronics not the internal batteries. I buy under $50, if it lasts more than 3mths I got my moneys worth. If not I return it. I shop by warranties and CS.

Didn't Joye/Eleaf have a longer warranty claim time. Or was that only the full kit from their site or something?

Sorry to hear of your bad luck, OP. I've been buying Joye exclusively for a few yrs now, but have only Smoketech and Innokin problems.

planes

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 11, 2013
    MA
    Kinda seems like the electronics not the internal batteries. I buy under $50, if it lasts more than 3mths I got my moneys worth. If not I return it. I shop by warranties and CS.

Didn't Joye/Eleaf have a longer warranty claim time. Or was that only the full kit from their site or something?

Sorry to hear of your bad luck, OP. I've been buying Joye exclusively for a few yrs now, but have only Smoketech and Innokin problems.

They replaced mine the first go with their US distributor but refuse to replace another. I've learned a lesson. Only buy Box mods. Less circuitry.

Reactions: r77r7r
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread