wattage issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

mixie_x

Jul 23, 2017
Hi everyone! I got Vaporesso Target Mini and few day ago i broke my guardian tank :/ So i ran to the nearest shop to get another one but they told me that they didn't provide these tanks anymore . So i bought Joyetech ego ONE V2 MEGA tank which was "compatible" with my device. I also bought ego one CLR cotton heads / 0.5ohm(20-35W) i filled up tank and put some drops of ejuice to the coil as ussual. After 5 minutes i set watts to 20 and started vaping. Every single juice i tried in the range 20-30W tasted horrible and produced low vapor, so i tried to lower the watts to 15 and it was OK -the vapor looks better and the juice tasted good, but still.. something is wrong... i used to vape on the range 28-33W. can someone help plz? :)

EDIT: i use 3-6mg 70/30 VG/PG ejuices

Last edited:

listopencil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2017
In Partibus Infidelium
Your Vaporesso Target Mini has a 510 connection. That means that it is compatible with pretty much every single tank you are going to see on the market. You can screw it in and the mod will supply electricity to it. Even if you get a tank that requires an eGo connection (unlikely) you can get an adapter that will make it work. That being said, every single tank uses a certain coil or set of coils. Every single coil has a different range of Wattage that it is designed to be used in. Take a look at the coil itself. There should be a recommended Wattage range scribed on it. If there isn't then go Google the coil you are using and you will find that info in the specs. Either on the manufacturer's website or the site of a vendor that offers that coil.

Reactions: BrotherBob

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
a .5Ω coil really shouldn't have any problem in the 28 Watt range. I suspect 70VG may be too thick to wick in your coil. You might want to choose thinner juice or, if you don't like that, you may need a tank offering coils with better wicking capability. I don't use pre-made coil tanks, myself, so I will leave specific recommendations to my peers. Welcome to the board.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Hi everyone! I got Vaporesso Target Mini and few day ago i broke my guardian tank :/ So i ran to the nearest shop to get another one but they told me that they didn't provide these tanks anymore . So i bought Joyetech ego ONE V2 MEGA tank which was "compatible" with my device. I also bought ego one CLR cotton heads / 0.5ohm(20-35W) i filled up tank and put some drops of ejuice to the coil as ussual. After 5 minutes i set watts to 20 and started vaping. Every single juice i tried in the range 20-30W tasted horrible and produced low vapor, so i tried to lower the watts to 15 and it was OK -the vapor looks better and the juice tasted good, but still.. something is wrong... i used to vape on the range 28-33W. can someone help plz? :)

Hi mixie_x. Welcome to the ECF.

Wattage plays a role, but it isn't the only factor that goes into How a Hit tastes for a given Atomizer/Coil.

I have some RTA's that Taste the Best using Higher Wattage. But when I put the Same build/e-Liquid in a Different RTA, it tastes Better at Lower Wattages.

Reactions: Letitia

listopencil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2017
In Partibus Infidelium
a .5Ω coil really shouldn't have any problem in the 28 Watt range. I suspect 70VG may be too thick to wick in your coil. You might want to choose thinner juice or, if you don't like that, you may need a tank offering coils with better wicking capability. I don't use pre-made coil tanks, myself, so I will leave specific recommendations to my peers. Welcome to the board.

I missed the line in the OP stating that he was vaping in the recommended range. This is solid advice.

Reactions: suprtrkr

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
The eGo One mega v.2 is not a true mid-watts (25w-40w) tank i.m.o.

The CLR 1.0ohm are good for 10-15 watts. The CLR 0.5ohm, a bit more, but the essential weakness is the wicking & the small coil.

High VG + too high power = poor performance.

I would expect it to vape better with 60/40 or even 50/50 juice and not to push too high on the watts. Maybe under 25w even? I use the 1.0ohm more and sit it around 14w depending on how it's going.

Unfortunately, although the CLR is a nice coil and super-friendly as long as you don't abuse it, you haven't really been sold a direct replacement.

Reactions: Vapemesilly

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Mixie- Post your questions in this Forum- You will get some assistance. I love the Mega V2 tanks but only with the 1 ohm coils so I can't comment on the .5ohm.
eGo ONE tank series – CLR coil

I bought them all (now, there's a surprise) and unless I was mad at the time, the 0.5 didn't really offer a substantially higher watt vape. It disappointing for @mixie_x that a shop actually considered this some sort of comparable tank. Maybe they also charged the old full price?
I actually like this period of Joyetech tanks and coils. The TC ones were lame, but anything with the CLR was a winner... (unless you tried to pretend it was Uwell Crown in disguise! :eek: )

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Welcome and glad you joined.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I am in total agreement that sometimes you have to lower your watts with each new mod/stick, so it wouldn't necessarily surprise me to have that issue. The good news is longer battery life. Also, those coils are a great starter kit, you said you are now using a TC coil, so (I know this sounds nuts but I could see myself doing somethiing similar) I think all the coils that are not 1.0 need to be wicked, it may be you've put a coil in there without a cotton wick?

Don't quote me on this, and others may come along to correct me? Just, from what I read, the titanium coils need to be wicked by the user prior to use. You could try another 1.0 coil if you wanted to see if that made a difference (if you have one).

I bought that tank for the ability to TC fairly easily... I will be getting better build tanks and I have to say, I don't hate it, but I don't adore it, either. I'm hoping I will like it in TC mode bettter....

Best of luck hope things get sorted out,

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread