What are your Vaping Pet Hates ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jin_888

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2012
london
I don't mean technical stuff like dry hits, wicking issues or knock-off copies...I mean little niggles that are relatively unimportant yet annoying nevertheless.

I'll start...

- PERSONAL VAPOURIZER. Why add 'Personal'??? After all, we don't say 'personal cellphone', 'personal car', personal room, or personal food. Annoying!

- WHITE MOUTHPIECES ON BLACK E-CIGS. Why? So it goes with your black suit and white shoes???

- PEOPLE WHO LIKE TO CONSTANTLY FIDDLE WITH THEIR EQUIPMENT. Enough said :D

These are some of my niggles, what are yours?

ctourtelot

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2009
Richmond, VA
Mine is people telling brand new vapors to just get a mod right from the start. Not everyone wants to vape out of something the size of a medium flashlight lol Even my 1000mah ego with my booster is uncomfortably large for me and only gets used at home.

Now if money was no object, I'd probably have one of everything just have to it, but it probably wouldn't get used much.

Jin_888

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2012
london
Good ones folks...yes ...mods...heheh...the ones made by 'Garage Tools R US' heheheh.

Another...reviewers who use a new ecig for less than a few weeks before giving it thumbs up. I go and buy it and the device malfunctions or is average at best. Gah!

or

When there's a new e-cig that gets great reviews, everyone likes it but I get one that is faulty. I go online to post about it and people respond 'Don't know what you are talking about. I've not had a single issue with mine'. HMMPH. GUESS I'M JUST INSANE THEN.

Last edited:

Wolf308

ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2012
NC
www.into-the-fog.com
My 2.

People who ask if the e-cig is really helping me quit. I don't consider it a quit... it was a switch. I switched because I wanted the general act of smoking and the nicotine but wanted the health benefits as well. It's not something I'm planning to do for a month or two and stop. It's not the patch.

People who ask to try it. Uh... ew? I've let two people try mine. One is my mother. The other is a guy I work with who I've been friends with for so long that he's pretty much my brother. I had one other guy who tried it at my invitation, but didn't put his mouth on it. One guy just reached over the counter and stuck his mouth on it... I don't even know the guy's name! I had to throw the cartridge out! (I have a serious germ issue, so I had a hairy fit THEN I threw out the cartridge by handling it with six tissues)

Jin_888

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2012
london
According to the late Alan Carr's book, 'Easy Way To Stop Smoking' we shouldn't say 'I've quit smoking' as it implies that you've given up something reluctantly. Instead, he suggests that we say 'I've stopped smoking' as it's a more affirmative statement. If you go by this thinking then I guess 'switched' is also appropriate :)

Jin_888

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2012
london
Another vaping pet hate:

LEDs on e-cigs. Specifically, the LED that light up at the end of cig-alikes. What practical function do they serve apart to look silly and make stealth vaping more difficult?

LED buttons or energy bars on batteries are practical to know when you need to recharge ...but do we really need all the fancy variations such as glowing ends and tips that are supposed to indicate various states of charge? They usually make a sleekly designed device look cheap and tacky. Grrr.

NaturesEncore

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2012
Chicago
momsfortress.com
I hate the term "personal vaporizer," too. My mind immediately goes to "personal massagers," and we all know of the unspoken connotations behind those.

Now, imagine showing a newbie an 18650 tube mod, and explaining the condom fill method for cartos. You know where their mind is going to end up. :banana: I don't think I could do that with a straight face, if I used the term "personal vaporizers."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread