What are your Vaping Pet Hates ;)

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by Jin_888, Mar 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Jin_888

Jin_888 Senior Member ECF Veteran

I don't mean technical stuff like dry hits, wicking issues or knock-off copies...I mean little niggles that are relatively unimportant yet annoying nevertheless.

I'll start...

- PERSONAL VAPOURIZER. Why add 'Personal'??? After all, we don't say 'personal cellphone', 'personal car', personal room, or personal food. Annoying!

- WHITE MOUTHPIECES ON BLACK E-CIGS. Why? So it goes with your black suit and white shoes???

- PEOPLE WHO LIKE TO CONSTANTLY FIDDLE WITH THEIR EQUIPMENT. Enough said :D

These are some of my niggles, what are yours?

2. Jin_888

oh yeah...and whenever someone posts something about using tanks on an e-cig forum SOMEONE ALWAYS replies along the lines of 'ditch the tank and get a cartomizer'. This is more annoying than people trying to convert others to their religion. Argh!

3. dysfoundation

dysfoundation Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I hate this quote people use
    "Its to much hassle to use that thing!"
    Yea its also to much hassle to breathe after smoking a cigarette but you don't see me knocking their habits :p

Posted using
    Rooted galaxy s2 -blazer rom 1.45Ghz-

4. Maestro

Maestro Super Member ECF Veteran

I find the term "analog" annoying. Vaporizers are no more digital than cigarettes are. "Stinkies" is good, though.

5. ctourtelot

ctourtelot Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mine is people telling brand new vapors to just get a mod right from the start. Not everyone wants to vape out of something the size of a medium flashlight lol Even my 1000mah ego with my booster is uncomfortably large for me and only gets used at home.

Now if money was no object, I'd probably have one of everything just have to it, but it probably wouldn't get used much.

6. Jin_888

Good ones folks...yes ...mods...heheh...the ones made by 'Garage Tools R US' heheheh.

Another...reviewers who use a new ecig for less than a few weeks before giving it thumbs up. I go and buy it and the device malfunctions or is average at best. Gah!

or

When there's a new e-cig that gets great reviews, everyone likes it but I get one that is faulty. I go online to post about it and people respond 'Don't know what you are talking about. I've not had a single issue with mine'. HMMPH. GUESS I'M JUST INSANE THEN.

7. caffeinated

caffeinated Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

I hate when my vaping pet slobbers all over my e-cig!

But, worse than that, I really hate it when my vaping pet buries my e-cig in the back yard like a bone!

Wait, what? Oh..... nevermind.

:p :D

8. Jin_888

How about when you see the opening titles of web-based shows about vaping ... and you see the presenters vaping and acting like they're (edited)? ANNOYING.

I MEAN REALLY ANNOYING.

9. Hoosier

Hoosier Vaping Master ECF Veteran

How about vaping videos that half of the total run time is BLARING noise and graphic at beginning and end, but a quiet soft talking person inbetween?

That gets my goat everytime and I'm getting tired of running after that goat.

10. Mac

Mac Ultra Member ECF Veteran

When I am driving in heavy traffic and realize my carto needs topped off.

11. Wolf308

Wolf308 Senior Member ECF Veteran

My 2.

People who ask if the e-cig is really helping me quit. I don't consider it a quit... it was a switch. I switched because I wanted the general act of smoking and the nicotine but wanted the health benefits as well. It's not something I'm planning to do for a month or two and stop. It's not the patch.

People who ask to try it. Uh... ew? I've let two people try mine. One is my mother. The other is a guy I work with who I've been friends with for so long that he's pretty much my brother. I had one other guy who tried it at my invitation, but didn't put his mouth on it. One guy just reached over the counter and stuck his mouth on it... I don't even know the guy's name! I had to throw the cartridge out! (I have a serious germ issue, so I had a hairy fit THEN I threw out the cartridge by handling it with six tissues)

12. SilverBear

SilverBear Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I fixed that for you.

13. Koman

Koman Moved On ECF Veteran

I also think switch is the right word not quitting. At least that is how it was for me as well.

14. Jin_888

According to the late Alan Carr's book, 'Easy Way To Stop Smoking' we shouldn't say 'I've quit smoking' as it implies that you've given up something reluctantly. Instead, he suggests that we say 'I've stopped smoking' as it's a more affirmative statement. If you go by this thinking then I guess 'switched' is also appropriate :)

15. Jin_888

Another vaping pet hate:

LEDs on e-cigs. Specifically, the LED that light up at the end of cig-alikes. What practical function do they serve apart to look silly and make stealth vaping more difficult?

LED buttons or energy bars on batteries are practical to know when you need to recharge ...but do we really need all the fancy variations such as glowing ends and tips that are supposed to indicate various states of charge? They usually make a sleekly designed device look cheap and tacky. Grrr.

16. hairball

hairball ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Refilling a cartomizer tank. I wish someone would invent one that self-siphons from a gallon container when I'm at home. I use them constantly, so once a week, I fill all of them up. Worst hour of the week for me.

17. hairball

Anyone who says that there is anti-freeze in our liquids. Pffttt....I didn't realize how many people the FDA turned into chemists.

18. hairball

Cleaning parts is a pet peeve of mine. I do it weekly, but I have a ton to do, and it's annoying to me.

19. NaturesEncore

NaturesEncore Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I hate the term "personal vaporizer," too. My mind immediately goes to "personal massagers," and we all know of the unspoken connotations behind those.

Now, imagine showing a newbie an 18650 tube mod, and explaining the condom fill method for cartos. You know where their mind is going to end up. :banana: I don't think I could do that with a straight face, if I used the term "personal vaporizers."

20. classwife

classwife Ask The Vets Manager
    Asst Classifieds Mgr
    Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Moved to General E-Smoking Discussion from The Lounge

The Lounge in E-Cigarette Forum, A place for chitchat - no ecigarettes, please :) Posts made in this forum will not increase your post count.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.