Status
Not open for further replies.

WhatAClumsyGirl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2009
Mtns of Tennessee
I think everyone has their own individual likes/dislikes..hard to answer this without playing favorites. I've tried quite a few..my personal favorites are The juice Box and my Little Chuck. But..that's just me. I want to try the xhaler as well as a few more, but I keep buying juice !!

Good luck..and happy vaping..no matter what you prefer :)

MHR7331

ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2009
SoCal
I'm definitely looking for something that'll go 5v at the MOST. Thinking about the Spade... Any suggestions? :p

The 10440 battery used by the Spade seems a tad small... you'd probably be swapping it out quite a bit. For a 3.7v device, you should pick up a $30 box mod... they use 14500 batts at 900mAh, which lasts the better part of a full day.

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW
In as much as the "mods" are nothing more than power supplies for an atomizer, the best PV is the one that fits your hand and pleases your eye, your sense of aesthetics.

It has the ability to be configured to vape at your preferred voltage and accept your preferred atomizer.

It has a switch that can be easily replaced when needs be and it uses batteries that are common, and inexpensive.

This page is reasonably current for the major "mods" currently available:
E-cig News: A run-down of all the big battery model e-cigarettes on the market

For me, the best PV uses a 510 atomizer at 3.7v. 36mg unflavored liquid mixed 70% PG and 30% VG provides the throat hit and vapor.

I'm definitely looking for something that'll go 5v at the MOST. Thinking about the Spade... Any suggestions? :p

What exactly do you mean by "5V at the most"? Are you looking for something that gets as close to 5V without going over? Do you really just want a 3.7V mod or are you looking for something that works better than a freshly charged standard e-cig battery?

wiscguy

ECF Veteran
May 10, 2009
Madison, WI
Im a huge fan of the Silver Bullet at 3.7V. Higher nicotine gives me a great throat hit and with the 18650-3000mah batteries, I dont have to worry about them dying for a couple days. (For some sort of reference, a regular 510 batt lasts me 30-45 minutes) It is a little bigger though, but it doesnt seem to be too much of a bother.

Getting the Prodigy V2 soon though so I can reduce the nicotine a little.

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
These days, there are so many to choose from. Most (but not the very newest) are described in Part 5 and toward the end of Part 6 of the WWV Illustrated Guide referenced in my signature. Recommended factors to consider:
  • Aesthetics: length, thickness, shape, color, designs
  • Voltage: 3.7V, 5V, 6V, 7.4V
  • mAh: 360 up to 3,000
  • The atomizer(s) it accomodates
  • Position of the manual switch button: pressed with thumb/forefinger (most mods), pinky/ringfinger (XHaler, Super-Six, GG), or teeth (Copper)
  • Price ($50 Bartleby up to $150+ Super-Six and $188 GG Transformer)
And think about the advantages of getting one that can operate at multiple voltages, e.g., Chuck, BB, Indulgence, or Super-Six (all at 3.7 or 6V) ... or XHaler or GG Transformer (at any of the above voltages), etc. This way you could see if a high-mAh, low-resistance 3.7V is good for you and adjust upward if needed. [NOTE: If you use those devices in 6V mode with an HV atomizer (e.g., from EastMall or NHaler), I believe the net voltage will be ~5V.]

Then there's the new 600 mAh 3.7V Janty eGO, which is not really a mod, since it has its own unique battery, rather than battery pack to hold generic batteries.

And then, of course, there is the ultimate mod – Vapy Award winning (Best Hobby Mod) Carlos Juice Box: 3,000 mAh 3.7V battery capacity + handmade long-lasting atomizer + semi-automatic juice injection (from an internal 10 ml bottle). All to be had for $90 + patience (~six-week backlog). My favorite video review of it is Porphy's Juice Box Review on Vimeo.

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
Great reviews Don !

Thanks, Clumsy (if I can use that as your nickname)! Although the closest I came to a "review" in that post was my rave about the Juice Box (which, for me, is a bit too big and clunky8-o). I'm more of a olderthandirt kind of guy: "fits your hand and pleases your eye, your sense of aesthetics" and, of course, delivers great flavor and vapor and just the right amount of throat hit (all at a low price).*:D

My post was more of a Socratic overview – drawing out of the reader his/her own answers to key questions and then pointing him/her to a selection of relevant choices. It's become my earmark, I think.
* The best I've come up with so far is the 801 atty with adapter on a Kr8 battery ... or, when I'm not looking for throat hit, the GreenCig cartomizer on that same battery. Each is a poor man's 3.7V "mod." [I do have a Prodigy V1, but it hits me too hard ... and the Protégé is too pricey for me.]

Thanks Don. That just about covers it from every possible angle.
Thank you, Kilroy! That was my intent.

Last edited:

WhatAClumsyGirl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2009
Mtns of Tennessee
Thanks, Clumsy (if I can use that as your nickname)! Although the closest I came to a "review" in that post was my rave about the Juice Box (which, for me, is a bit too big and clunky8-o). I'm more of a olderthandirt kind of guy: "fits your hand and pleases your eye, your sense of aesthetics" and, of course, delivers great flavor and vapor and just the right amount of throat hit (all at a low price).*:D

My post was more of a Socratic overview – drawing out of the reader his/her own answers to key questions and then pointing him/her to a selection of relevant choices. It's become my earmark, I think.

* The best I've come up with so far is the 801 atty with adapter on a Kr8 battery ... or, when I'm not looking for throat hit, the GreenCig cartomizer on that same battery. Each is a poor man's 3.7V "mod." [I do have a Prodigy V1, but it hits me too hard ... and the Protégé is too pricey for me.]

I appreciate your honest opinions. I think every mod out there is a piece of work, and we all have our favorites. So...there is no right answer...Just the answer that suits each individual.

Call me Clumsy anytime :)

I personally have to restrain myself from purchasing any more mod's. I figure I've tried a few, found 2 to my liking and that's just the way it is.

Have a great day, always enjoy reading your posts

maf2k8

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2009
Chicago, IL
www.facebook.com
Out of all the ecig i have owned i have to say the AdaptEver's build quality is just awesome! and vaping on it is just as great as the build quality. I also own a Prodigy V1 ( and a V2 coming in this week ) and I love my Prodigy also. I have owned a SB and its a awesome device but was just a built TO bulky for me, I also owned a Xhaler and it just wasnt to my liking i guess.

So out of the "4" mods i have owned, My Adaptever and Prodigy are still with me. I am hoping to try a GLV but they seem to be in and out of stock and i keep missing them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread