A mod is not a mod !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonny2400

Jun 6, 2011
Northern Ireland
Is it only me ??

but am so tried of watching reviews were they review a new mod, make a song and dance and then do the classic line "lets see what it vapes like" and pull out any old cart screw it on and go... oh thats good, that makes all the difference the flavour the th so much better!! Guys a mod doesn't vape... It's only a bloody battery.

They dismiss the cart etc... They dismiss the business end, the only part that we all have issues with, no flavour, burnt taste, juice in the mouth, not enough vapour, leaking etc etc The most important part is just dismissed !!!

In fact next time your reviewing a mod, don't put anything on it, just stick it in your mouth and suck until your eyes pop out and tell me how good it vapes

An old cart at 3.7volts on a £7 plain jane ego will vape just as crap as 3.7volts on a £180 provari

lets get serious for a change, and focus on the business end of our ecigs

rant over... I have been trying to find the best e cig all my searches show are the best batteries, for you what is the best ecig and I mean the business end and not the battery that just powers your ecig

Last edited:

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
your kind of off base a bit. 3.7 is not 3.7 on every device and this will change the experience a bit, so will factors like regulated output, PWM, and the actual construction of the connector regarding airflow.

what do you expect them to talk about? this mod is from the bla bla providence area of china and is made by the finest teen labor they can get? lol.

and people like scott over at ecg reviews tells you this is a bla bla cart pulling my standard tob flavored juice in bla bla mg. at bla bla watts.

Last edited:

Jonny2400

Jun 6, 2011
Northern Ireland
your kind of off base a bit. 3.7 is not 3.7 on every device and this will change the experience a bit, so will factors like regulated output, PWM, and the actual construction of the connector regarding airflow.

what do you expect them to talk about? this mod is from the bla bla providence area of china and is made by the finest teen labor they can get? lol.

What's 0.5v between friends, the point am making is if you posted on here what's the best ecig, every one will reply provari.. Which is great, ie I have the power source sorted now what about the ecig ??

Let me put it another way.. You really in the mood to watch a really great movie, you ask your mates what to get and every one replys........Sony db1000fx blu ray player ! and every movie review online you watch is 15 mins of someone taking about the blu ray player they are using, the remote control and no mention of the movie.

Q&A
I just don't get enough vaper from my e cig.

Upgrade to a provari

My ecig keeps leaking my juice

Upgrade to a provari

My juice flavour is muted

Upgrade to a provari

Etc etc

Now provari are a great battery, but that's all a battery !!

Last edited:

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
that why your supposed to say "whats the best atty, carto, clearo etc". not whats the best mod.................

if you specifically ASK about a mod your going to get answers ABOUT a mod

i dont know what reviews your watching where they say lets review this atomizer and only talk about the battery.

shawnatjr

Moved On
Dec 25, 2012
Norlina NC
I agree, all these mods are coming out......granted i was a sucker and upgraded my vtube for a lavatube 2 but purely for aesthetics. It vapes the same. All this talk of mods and no huuuuuuuge improvements have been made in the business end....not for under $100. I am working on a rebuildable now with a side fill option and airflow control for under $40 and should be tested and for sale in the next month.

Jonny2400

Jun 6, 2011
Northern Ireland
that why your supposed to say "whats the best atty, carto, clearo etc". not whats the best mod.................

if you specifically ASK about a mod your going to get answers ABOUT a mod

i dont know what reviews your watching where they say lets review this atomizer and only talk about the battery.

You didn't even read my post before jumping in did you ? Where above did I state I was "specifically " asking about a Mod. I was asking about the best e cig.

But it's not your fault lol you didn't do all the online reviews, I just thing as a group the focus is way to heavy on the battery, I never have issues with my batteries ever... Lol they are just a battery... It's the other parts that all my vaping friends have the issues. If you have a poor cart it will preform badly on even the best mod... But a great cart/tank will preform good even on the cheapest battery

Last edited:

Ray D

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
PA
It all matters. The power source most definitely matters. The delivery system damn well matters. And so does the juice.

Give me a Provari with a ZAP or HH357, or the best cartos money can buy, and if I load them with garbage juice, I'm going to get a garbage vape. A great carto on a weak battery won't deliver.

Yes, it's all three combined that matters. But if you think a plain Jane eGo will provide the same quality and consistency over time (attachments being equal), well, good for you I guess. You'll save money. Most of us won't be as content. Your argument is akin to saying that the car doesn't matter. It's all about the tires. Sure. Tires matter, especially if you're looking for racing performance. But what drives them matters quite a bit as well. :)

Jonny2400

Jun 6, 2011
Northern Ireland
GEEE it looks like the title of your post is A MOD IS NOT A MOD PAL

maybe try being a little more clear on the subject before confusing the two yourself.

you your self use the word MOD like 8 times before saying at the very bottom your looking for an ecig lol

Fine.. I'll give you that lol. I feel that a Mod isn't really a Mod it's just a battery. Anyway how about ... Telling me what you thing is the best ecig / cart/ tank/ whatever else that you screw in to your battery and does the hard work :vapor:

denali_41

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
Over Der
Q&A
I just don't get enough vaper from my e cig.

Upgrade to a provari

My ecig keeps leaking my juice

Upgrade to a provari

My juice flavour is muted

Upgrade to a provari

Etc etc

Now provari are a great battery, but that's all a battery !!

now why did you have to go and do that ?!?!? you must have P____ envy !!!

Not all mods are create equal ,,some you set them at a certain volt and they stay there !! others you set a certain wattage and it jumps all over the place ..the only comparison is they are both mods,,it stops there !!

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Fine.. I'll give you that lol. I feel that a Mod isn't really a Mod it's just a battery. Anyway how about ... Telling me what you thing is the best ecig / cart/ tank/ whatever else that you screw in to your battery and does the hard work :vapor:

Ah, now were getting somewhere. :) Your question is so subjective though that you are likely to get more opinions than there are politicians. ;)

Jonny2400

Jun 6, 2011
Northern Ireland
It all matters. The power source most definitely matters. The delivery system damn well matters. And so does the juice.

Give me a Provari with a ZAP or HH357, or the best cartos money can buy, and if I load them with garbage juice, I'm going to get a garbage vape. A great carto on a weak battery won't deliver.

Yes, it's all three combined that matters. But if you think a plain Jane eGo will provide the same quality and consistency over time (attachments being equal), well, good for you I guess. You'll save money. Most of us won't be as content. Your argument is akin to saying that the car doesn't matter. It's all about the tires. Sure. Tires matter, especially if you're looking for racing performance. But what drives them matters quite a bit as well. :)

I agree ... Juice is key, battery makes some difference, but again I think you have to much focus on the battery over the delivery system, I would class the battery as the car tyres and the cart as the engine.. It does do all the work after and is the most importance part. Now am not anti provari by any means but it's just a very good battery, the right cart on a average battery ie ego twist is better than a poor cart on a great battery

Am not getting into juice as well it's very subjective, me I love rawr & fsusa others will hate it

Jonny2400

Jun 6, 2011
Northern Ireland

I really don't ... It's only a battery and its only £160 ... What's the point having the best battery... When I can't get anything half decent to screw on to it ...

Something that holds 2ml of juice, never leaks, prefect flavour, no dry hits and lasts a few days ...if I can find that then ill worry about a battery

denali_41

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
Over Der

I really don't ... It's only a battery and its only £160 ... What's the point having the best battery... When I can't get anything half decent to screw on to it ...

Something that holds 2ml of juice, never leaks, prefect flavour, no dry hits and lasts a few days ...if I can find that then ill worry about a battery

is that what this thread is all about ??? jeesh just get some kanger T3's

Edited: my last T3 head lasted 3+weeks

Last edited:

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
It is about the combo, and everyone has a preference. Consistent variable wattage - which is what you get with the new variable wattage devices now, plus a good battery so the power maintains under load - that's my first thing. Some prefer the old variable voltage which is fine for them. I have both on my pvs and like watts better - easier to use.
Then - the attachment. That's a big one. I like 3.5ml vivi novas and bottom coil cartomizers. Some folk say vivis mute the flavor - but I haven't found that myself. However - very high VG doesn't go so well with vivis. Some folk prefer vertical coil cartomizers - I think they're ok, but I like the bottom coils which aren't noisy, and in my experience don't burn as easily as vertical coil.
And then juice - which is so subjective I don't think I could recommend one over the other. However, I do find some juices definitely taste better with heat variation. I've been vaping some Dekang RY4 because I wanted to see what it's like. It tastes better for me when I turn the watts up a bit.
On the other hand, I have Mt. Baker Vapor Ry4 and I like that at different watt settings depending on how I feel. I prefer both of those in a vivi nova. I haven't had leaking issues with the vivis which are not knock offs.

So a good combo for me is consistent variable wattage, a Vision vivi nova 3.5 ml or Kanger bottom coil cartomizer, and a juice I like. I feel fortunate that vaping developments have given me great combo that I enjoy everyday.

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011

I know a Penelope fits those requirements and probably an ody also but I haven't tried one of those.

Jonny2400

Jun 6, 2011
Northern Ireland
is that what this thread is all about ??? jeesh just get some kanger T3's

Edited: my last T3 head lasted 3+weeks

Thanks for your reply, the thread is about the fact that far too much focus is placed on the battery, which is then called a mod, when in fact what's been modded, what's new ? still only a battery they all do the same thing, power the important bit of an e cig which is broadly speaking dismissed as un important when in fact they are more important that a battery be it vv or not

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread