Status
Not open for further replies.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
If you leave the juice out to "air out", is there a risk of it drying out or evaporating? What kind of effect could this have if you did it on a pre-filled carto?
Might want to ask that question on the Vapor4Life subforum.
But I do think you risk it drying out to some extent by leaving it to air out in a cartomizer.

Nikhil

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2010
Louisville, KY
Neither VG nor PG will "dry out" at any significant rate. Put a drop of PG, VG, or e-liquid somewhere safe and see how long it takes to evaporate. However, some flavoring chemicals (such as the perfumey one you're trying to get rid of) are not as stable in open air, so you might lose some of the good flavor while you're doing it. Just depends on the flavor, and it might be unnoticeable.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Back when I was using cartridges (with various fillers) and cartomizers I thought the ability of either of them to wick well was often compromised by leaving them exposed to air for too long while not being used. I attributed that to the juice drying out a little bit and clogging up the filler to some extent.

Nikhil

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2010
Louisville, KY
Contrarily, VG actually absorbs water out of the air (PG does a little as well), so if anything there was MORE moisture in the cartomizer, which could have been the problem. If you really let a carto 'dry out' over a long period of time, I'd be more concerned about other things like flavor loss, nicotine loss, or organic growth.

magz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2010
Reno, NV
The perfume taste happens from someone using weight not volume when adding flavors and ingredients. There are 4 ingredients in a standard tobacco flavor not including PG, nicotine, TA or natural flavors. When added together by volume taste great when done by weight the percentages are too high and you get perfume.

Now any clue where we can get these liquids that are measured by volume and not weight? Very good info since lots of us are considering (or already are, I'm new and still in the "considering" category) mixing our own liquids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread