Status
Not open for further replies.

cappy24

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2012
remsenburg new york
i don't know if its me but every juice i order from different vendors taste like perfume to me...i don't want to name the vendors as i don't like to bash...but can someone please recommend a vendor that has decent chocolate,coffee or any other flavor that doesn't have that perfume after taste...or is it just me...i am not going to dump what i have but i can't vape it anymore as its making me sick...am i crazy?? or is anyone else having the same issues....i have a mini provari and so far have used 2 different glass tanks with boge cartomizers ...now i am using the vivi nova...amount of vapor is great. throat hit great...taste(to me) horrible...i am afraid that if this keeps up i will go back to analogs and i don't want to do that.....

DMF

ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2010
Slower Lower Delaware
Two things to consider before tossing the baby out with the bath water.
1.) the product you bought may be in need of steeping. (some vendors make product up on demand instead of having it sit on shelf waiting for you to order.) Like wine, liquids often get better with age.
2.) I don't know how long you've been vaporizing, nor how long you smoked prior to starting to vape, but as you recover from cigarette smoke damage your ability to taste flavoring will be greatly enhanced. It is possible the flavor is too strongly flavored for you now.

cappy24

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2012
remsenburg new york
i bought the last juice almost 3 weeks ago...i have been vaporizing for over a year now..but with those little e-cigarettes from smoketip..the coffee and chocolate flavors were good....i have the mini provari for a few weeks now...everything is great but the flavor of the e-liquids...looking for suggestions to try some different vendors and flavors maybe....thanks for the help

18SixFifty

ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Michigan
You could try. Ms T's It's expensive, but I don't think I remember anyone complaining about their flavors. In fact all I ever hear are rave revues.

Ms T's Bakery Essentials

I also used to buy from Mad Vapes. Their fried apple and verry berry are two of my all time favorites and they are much cheaper.

TopVapor E-Liquid - E-Liquid

I make my own juice now and for that I get my supplies from Vapor Renu. They also sell juice at a good price it's a little light on the throat hit though.

Nu-Juice Liquid Refill

USA Made Vapor Renu : Electronic Cigarettes Refill Cartridges : Candy Flavorings : E Cig Liquid Nicotine : Cartomizer Refills : Menthol E-Liquid : Flavoring Oils : E Cigarette Refills

Good luck and I hope this helps.

jespeak

ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2012
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Please don't give up! I am fairly new to vaping and have e-Go twist and the clearomizer with tip. My luck with flavours has been incredible. The local company I get my juice from is called Jughead Juice. Hope it's okay to say a vendor's name. I live in Alberta and have been fortunate in finding good juice right away.

Give these guys a try.

Happy Vaping!:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

18SixFifty

ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Michigan
i have found that tfa flavors even after steeping still are perfumy(is that a word? LOL) i recently started using flavor west they are great. tfa maraschino cherry after 2mths i still could have used as perfume, but the flavor west brand maraschino cherry tastes just like out of the jar :)

Flavor west is really good. I buy all my DIY stuff from vapor renu and they have flavor west stuff. I literally have enough for years.

Mr. Cloud

Aug 19, 2012
Cloud 9
I can't recommend vendors for the flavors you mention but the steeping thing has me curious as I bought some blackberry flavor e-liquid from a vendor a few weeks ago and it was wonderful. Last week I bought the same flavor and it is definitely "perfumy"... Maybe I'll put it on the back shelf for a few weeks and give it a taste to see if it improves with age.

lasttango

What would Freud say?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
Wilmington, DE / Ithaca, NY
www.last.fm
and more advice... for what it's worth ------>

Cappy... you'll spend some cash before you find the right juice... there is a subjective quality to this... some of the vendors listed earlier as non-purfumy are the most perfumy to me...

Chocolate is a tough flavor... I have never had a good chocolate... though I have had some good cocoas...
There are a lot of good coffees out there... I find the keokes and kona flavorings to be the most perfumy...
My Favorite coffee flavor is backwoods Brew's Espresso... and Vaperite's Kona Cream.

My advice might be to try one of those vendors who uses the organic based flavorings etc...
I imagine you'd like Copper Creek's house blend... and possibly some vaperite organics might be a very good gamble for you.

I can't afford to do this often... but if you do get the copper creek house blend in 18 mg and don't like it, Ill take it off your hands for what you paid minus shipping... it's a good juice. just pm me...

base234

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2011
Over the edge...
cappy, take the tops off of those juice bottles and let them steep for a couple of days to see if the perfumey taste goes away. If not, they're gonna have to steep longer. I still haven't found a goood chocolate juice except Jr. Mints Daddy from NicVape. Good chocolate but with mint. The only coffee flavor I'd recommend is Christy's Cappuccino from Alien Visions' premium line. Yum!

Sorry, Alien Visions is moving and it will take a couple weeks. I apologize.

Last edited:

greatimp81

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2012
Portland, Oregon, United States
Well I am not sure where you have ordered from. I know that PECSmokeShop has a pretty good chocolate. However they are expensive to order from. Have you tried the ECBlend chocolate or coffee. They are very good on the flavors I have tried so far and have a very good customization system to give you better results. What is the PG/VG mix you are using at the moment as too much VG can cause lower flavors or alteration to the flavor compared to PG.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
OP, I know you don't want to mention the juices you tried, but seasoned vapers will better be able to assist you if they know what you have tried. Saying a juice is perfume-y is not the same as bashing. Also, if they/we know what you have tried, it would be easier to understand what vendors would also be similar and thus not get mentioned for suggestions.

cappy24

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2012
remsenburg new york
wow you guys are GREAT!...i feel much better knowing that i am NOT alone with having a perfume taste...i can see now that its just a process of elimination...going to start ordering sample sizes until i find the flavors that work for me...none of the vendors that have been recommended are the ones that i now have...the worst one i have is named "chocolate cherry"...so w ithout naming the vendor i am sure many know who it is...but i realize that what is not good for me is great for others...going to leave the caps off for a couple of days and see...its funny because some of the descriptions and pictures of these e-liquids make your mouth water...then its just a big disappointment...

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
wow you guys are GREAT!...i feel much better knowing that i am NOT alone with having a perfume taste...i can see now that its just a process of elimination...going to start ordering sample sizes until i find the flavors that work for me...none of the vendors that have been recommended are the ones that i now have...the worst one i have is named "chocolate cherry"...so w ithout naming the vendor i am sure many know who it is...but i realize that what is not good for me is great for others...going to leave the caps off for a couple of days and see...its funny because some of the descriptions and pictures of these e-liquids make your mouth water...then its just a big disappointment...

Yeah, those pictures are very much false advertising. I try to always search for in-depth reviews when applicable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread