What will be on your Thanksgiving table?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kittypie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2011
Charlotte NC
This morning a client came in with a giant trash bag full of just-picked collard greens. They will be on the Thanksgiving table, along with a bottle of Texas Pete Hot Pepper Vinegar. YUM! :banana: :banana: :banana:

(opal, they would go so good with that cornbread you're going to make for your stuffing! I would love to dip a hot hunk of cornbread into the pot liquor of the collards!)

kittypie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2011
Charlotte NC
The "juice" left in the bottom of the pot after you've cooked a mess of greens.

InsultRedneck.gif

LouP

ECF Veteran
Jul 11, 2012
Ontario, Canada
:laugh::laugh: Kitty...in your honour...(and because they're delicious)...I am going to cook up a mess of greens for dinner tonight. Either collards or chard..whichever looks best at the market. I'll lightly steam them and saute in extra virgin olive oil with garlic, a big squeeze of lemon juice, maybe a handful of sun-dried tomatoes and then toss them with fusilli and either goat cheese or parmigiano.
Delicious. And every drop of pot liquor will be soaked up!:D

NetteG

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
NE
A friend of mine on Facebook had posted a photo of an entire turkey wrapped in bacon ... so I thought, this must be DONE!!! I, of course did this on a smaller level because it's just me and the hubby this year, so I bacon wrapped a turkey breast and threw it on the smoker this morning after letting it soak in a brine all night ............ I mean everything is better with bacon, right?!?!?! LOL

bacon-wrapped-turkey.jpg

Along with it we'll have stuffing, cranberry sauce, green beans, broasted potatoes, and rolls. Got a cherry and pumpkin pie for desert. Yuppers, after today I will not have to cook again for another 3 to 4 days. WOOHOO!!! LOL

opal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2012
minutes away on everything here.. turkey thighs in oven with the stuffing and dressing.. kind of the his and hers of sides
green beans and almonds
cauliflower
creamed peas and pearl onions
fresh cranberries cooked to a sauce
HUGE pot of gravy - cuz everything's better under gravy

the yams did not make it in the oven.. that different temperature baking thing took them off the list - and since there are only the two of us.. and he doesn't like yams.. no biggie

and we have chickens! and ducks and guinea birds
the ducks are my faves.. such fun to watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread