What Would YOU Like To See in a new e-cig

Discussion in 'Polls' started by chopperguys, Jan 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. chopperguys

chopperguys Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Trying to get some ideas as to what you like and don't like about your e-cig and what would make a better ecig for you :)

2. sdkelly85

sdkelly85 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Bottom feeder style tube mod (jcmodtronics). Provari style.... Darwin technology.... Transform like the megladon. Take the best ideas of what's out there and build your own, your own way. Noone could compete.

3. catcat

catcat Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    vv, tank friendly, color choices, and small.

4. chopperguys

this is good exactly what i need keep um coming i already see we need 2 versions one bottom feed and one standard and is 510 the best?

5. erich

erich Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

A long time defender of cartomizer tanks, I've slowly been swayed towards atomizers. Dewicking avoids the burnt wick issues of attys, and the 306 DCA has solved a lot of my issues with leaking and pockets full of juice. That said, I still love the convenience of a carto tank. I'd love to see someone come up with a working tank for attys. The GG UFS, Atomic E-Ball (english link at the bottom), and Vapemate are all headed in the right direction, but are unavailable, leaky, and cumbersome, respectively. It doesn't seem like it would be that hard of an issue to solve. The only real issue is preventing overfeeding. Cartomizer tanks work well because the carto polyfill stops the flow of juice.
    • Some sort of primer button that would open a valve to allow juice to feed. Press, tilt, and release.
    • Bottom feeder adapter. Basically, a tank in between the atomizer and a tube mod. Think squishy liquinator with an atty screwed in to the top instead of a cartomizer in the middle.

6. chopperguys

great idea i agree as i now own 3 dca306's and a pack of ma306's i love the vape on the atty but have to carry a bottle so thats another item to have to design

7. tigerlily

tigerlily Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

On the other hand, I have never had much luck with atomizers. Stick an atomizer on a pv and I will find a way to flood it. For me, tank friendly pvs are definitely the way to go. It should also definitely be vv. What would be nice is a pv that could easily be customized on a whim. I like the idea of a telescoping tube to accept a variety of batteries, depending on the user's needs. Perhaps a variety of interchangeable sleeves which would allow you to change the look of your pv without risking damage.

8. CASEACE79

CASEACE79 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Hey chopper. Interesting thread. If we're talking about mods and not tanks I have a couple ideas. I really like the pocket friendlyness of the Darwin. The swing arm needs to go though. I also love the idea of the internal lithium ion battery and not having to worry about charging batteries or taking extra batts with you. Variable wattage, USB passthru, a better way to change the wattage and lock it. Possibly a longer 510 threading stem to accommodate a drip shield without needing an adapter. I think this thread is going to differrr greatly and you'll start seeing trends on things that really matter to vapers. There is so much customization when it comes to e cigs that getting a definitive answer on what everyone wants is going to be impossible.

9. erich

huh. I thought of the fixed internal battery, much like on the iPhone, to be a detractor, not a feature. You don't have to worry about taking extra batteries... because you can't. You then have to worry about taking some way to charge it.

10. chopperguys

Case

The more input the better on my case I also like the pocketable feature of the Darwin but I would like to beable to change the batt if I get stuck like I did the other night then had to grab my provari

But please keep them coming thanks all

11. tigerlily

tigerlily Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Agreed. When I was looking to upgrade, there were two things that kept me from purchasing a Darwin. One was the swinging arm. I was afraid of the damage I would be able to do to it despite assurances that it was durable. After all, I'm the one who managed to have a brick wall collapse on top of my pv. Thank goodness it was a Provari. The second thing that kept me from purchasing a Darwin was the fact that I couldn't change out the battery. Having to plug it in at night would have been an inconvenience for me. I like to keep my pv on the nightstand for those times when I wake up in the middle of the night. What would happen if I forgot to plug it in one night and had to face the day without a fully charged battery? What if the battery goes bad and the unit has to be shipped in?

12. chopperguys

Awesome input I'm on my iPhone now be back at my Mac in a few

13. inanitydefined

inanitydefined Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I really wish someone would build a stacked 18350 vv mod. the only ones I've seen are homebrew. And more top button please, you simply cannot beat the ergonomics of it

14. sdkelly85

sdkelly85 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

A pv you could flip over and use as a shot glass. :toast:

15. chopperguys

a shot glass wow that would be a one off for sure LOLOLOLOLOL

16. loft

loft Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Just put a cut out deep enough to accomodate a spare battery (18650 or 14500?) OR enough alcohol in a shot :D

17. chopperguys

what does everyone like better for a form factor the tube mod style or the flat darwin style or 1 of each

18. MastiffMike

MastiffMike The Spotted Tongue! Verified Member ECF Veteran

Here's what I want to see! I'm almost done building an early version but due to my lack of skills and tools it's not all it could/should be (i.e. I've allowed room for the kick on the battery side, not below connector).

[​IMG]

Here's a "teaser" picture of the top/middle:
    [​IMG]

Please ignore the driptip quality, it was my first ever attempt to make one (and I wanted to see how short I could make it but still work with the button placement)!

19. MastiffMike

MastiffMike The Spotted Tongue! Verified Member ECF Veteran

Here's an early version "in hand":

[​IMG]

20. erich

In practice I like the tube style better. However, I've never seen a bottom feeder tube.

This is a nice blend, which adds resistance to rolling away.
    Cube Ecig Mini at Cigtechs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.