Dogville Estate
MM-PV-Design-Bottom.jpg

Tasiamay

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2011
Phoenix
vv, tank friendly, color choices, and small.

I second this!

I want to see VV in a tube model the size of a Precise Plus 18350 or 18500. I don't mind changing batteries if that means the actual PV will be small. A tank must look good on top of it - so the diameter of the tube should be the same size of a standard tank (even better - make it the same size of a Lava Tank)! Color choices are also a must! I get really tired of the plain silver and black. I would love to see the finish like the Precise Plus but in a color. Also, make the activate button be flush with the tube - nothing bugs me more than buttons that stick out (especially small buttons).

MastiffMike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2009
Dogville Estate
Mastiff that looks a little like a vmodxl with a kick in it looks good

A little! I'd buy an VMod if I could afford it but I can't and to be honest I'd prefer the non-XL version (due to being smaller).

I also like the thought of adjustable sizes, thus the middle sections that extend the unit to different battery lengths. Using different length tanks (or atty/cartos) it can be kept so that the only part that protrudes above the top is the tip.

By being able adjustable, it's more likely to appeal to more people. Use 18350, 18490/18500, 18650 batteries. Use a tank, mega carto, or atty (with cosmetic ring that goes around the top of the atty/carto to fill the space - since the hole is sized larger for a tank).

MastiffMike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2009
Dogville Estate
My opinion on vv (though I have yet to try any) is I'd prefer a few presets ( I.e. 3.7 4.0. 4.5. 5.0) than infintly adjustable. Why? Because I want small and therefor no big display! Gimmie 1led that changes color based on voltage and one button to cycle through voltages choices and I'll be happy!

Scottinboca

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2011
Planet Vapton
Yeah, the CE2's wicking sucks!!! I use carto tanks mostly. I would just like a CE2 that worked how it's supposed to. I think SS would maybe make a better wick. I know they use them in rebuildable attys. I don't have enough money to buy one of those and I don't want to hassle with making the wick and all that junk.
scott have you had luck with the ce2's i only get a few good draws then plastic taste then upside down for a sec then a few good draws and so on the most consistent so far for me anyway is the carto tank or dca

MastiffMike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2009
Dogville Estate
If they can make anything, how about this:
Adjustable WATTAGE (only needs a few settings such as 6, 8, 10, 12) with a simple color changing LED to show current setting.

OR

Adjustable WATTAGE (with more settings such as 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 14) with a VERY small display (lcd not LED?) so it doesn't make the whole thing too large. It COULD be adjustable to a tenth of a watt (i.e. 9.2) but that wouldn't be necessary if it's going to make it significantly more expensive or larger.

Ideally the wattage would be adjusted without the need for a screwdriver, either by button or thumbwheel.

-----------------------------------------------
In a nutshell, I'd like to see things go away from the 7" long tubes. If the atty/carto is mounted inline with the battery it starts to get real long. I'd rather it by beside the battery to keep the length down.

If you're really ambitious, make a hinged piece that gives you a side-by-side configuration with the button on top next to the mouthpiece. BUT, and here's the beauty, the connector piece could swivel 180 degree so that it's inline with the battery, and thus becomes a bottom button configuration.

Here's a rough, quickie, drawing since my description is poor:
MM-PV-Design-Hinged.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

stealfdawg

ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2011
clarksville, tn
how about an affordable tube mod that uses 14500, 14650, 18650 and others that utilizes diffrent sleeves and spacers for diffrent batts but not a diffrent body also in the same package a genisis style atty that includes the stainless wicking material and kanthal wire all in one pakage..not to mention a rebuildable mechanical switch no springs, magnets maybe ...hmmm? was that a pipe dream? wow what would all that cost and who wolud pay it?? mmm tax time......

stealfdawg

ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2011
clarksville, tn
user friendly starting at what level of user, and as far as upgrades to what end? if you just make an affordable PV that could use diffrent size batts you would have a whole lot of hits there imho. also vv and a bunch of lectronics should be nixed just for simplicity less is more kinda like a bobber, genisis atty would compensate for vv I think, make it rebuildable from top to bottom and give it a lifetime warranty against defects...if its all mechanical normal everyday wear wouldnt be covered here but offering parts at a good cost would compensate....my 2 cents or wooden nickle

Last edited by a moderator:

erich

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2011
Atlanta, GA
The typical problem with modular products is that the maxed out version is often a crude Frankenstein monster, rather than a finished masterpiece. One would have to be careful that the addons don't look and feel 'bolted on'. I think that's why everyone is jumping up and down about the kick... it's supposed to fit in seamlessly.

I don't own one, but I've heard the GLV3 does a pretty good job of an addon feeder.

In other news, I can't imagine it'll be long before someone makes a mod that will fit an 18650 with a kick. The battery longevity difference is pronounced.

MastiffMike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2009
Dogville Estate
OK, thinking out loud here....

What I'd think would be a real winner is a modular system with 3 pieces; Top, Middle & Bottom. Priced at $30-$60 per piece, people could order ala-carte and get the custom pv they want.

So here's some thoughts on how the pieces would differ:
TOPS:
#1 - Basic button assembly
#2 - Button assembly with bottom feed connector
#3 - Button assembly with connector and kick

MIDDLES: (remember, these would be available in different lengths to accommidate different batteries, say 18350, 18490/18500, and an 18650 version)
#1 - Basic "tubes" (for battery and tank)
#2 - "Tubes" for battery and bottom feeder bottle with optional LED to light bottle
#3 - "Tubes" for dual batteries

BOTTOMS:
#1 - Basic battery terminal and connector
#2 - Battery terminal and kick
#3 - Dual battery terminals

Using these 9 parts, you could put together a ton of different configurations! Some of which are (though there probably are more):
Dual batteries at 3.7v
Dual batteries with Kick
Single batt. with tank system
Single batt. with Kick
Single batt. with bottom feeder
Single batt. with kick and bottom feeder
Could be run off single or dual 18350's, 18490's, or 18650 based on desired configuration
Etc.
Etc.

The Top and Bottom pieces would be available in 2-3 color choices and the Middles could have a bunch of choices.

Depending upon choices the total price for all 3 pieces would range from $90 (for a basic non-kicked, non feed, unit - so a 1/1/1) all the way up to $180 (for a kicked bottom feed unit 2/2/1 or a kicked dual battery configuration 3/3/3) and more if you bought multiple pieces to interchange such as multiple length Middles or pieces with different colors/finishes.

Last edited:

Pete54

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2009
Clearwater, Florida
I like MastiffMike's thinking. A rounded box style mod with recessed tank and variable wattage would be the only thing that could pry me away from my Provari/Tank setup. Minimum battery would be a 18490 IMR. That setup would be pocket friendly and last me 10 hours. Build it and I'll buy one .... or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread