When is enough of a stockpile enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Didi96

Sep 10, 2016
  • I'm 54 and my husband is 55. 5 liters of nic now but hubby is itchy for another liter so waiting on a sale from My Freedom Smokes. 12 clone mech mods, about 40 vv/vw devices, mostly box mods, 19 or more rebuildable tanks cuz hubby has to have tanks, about 30 rda's, 11 sub ohm tanks that we had before deeming regs along with 12 innokin devices. Recently bought a Provari dragon and now have 2 P3's, 2 Classics, 1 2.5, 3 Dragons, and he just told me a few minutes ago to get another if I want! :-O I guess 15 Kayfun's. I have no idea when we are done. It's definitely a collector/hobby for us now. 100's of feet of wire of different gauges, Spearmint Flavor from Flavorwest (we are lucky cuz its the only flavor we prefer). Crazy cuz I just got on the ball after August 5th and taught myself through youtube and the forums here how to DIY juice and building coils. I'm rocking it!!! Yep...putting our nephew who vapes in our Will!

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
I never even started stocking up , i have the same mods i have when i started , maybe 6 total & all working like the day i bought them .

Around 4 Kayfun's , 3 Nautilus tanks and stuff i have for rebuilding that i haven't even been able to get to yet that i bought years ago. 3 RDA's which is way more than i need and typically use.

All mods are aluminum or Stainless steel with either YiHi chipsets or DNA chipsets .

I never buy the cheapo mods but never buy the expensive either . I always wait for the initially expensive to come down to dirt cheap level and then buy but only if i think i need it .

The thing with me is i do not want to feel like " well i bought all this stuff so i may as well keep vaping for the next 10 years" or so .

My # 1 goal was to stop smoking real cigarettes, it was not to vape indefinitely till the cows come home (and cows rarely ever come home by the way , extremely slow walkers) but thats another story.

Vaping to me was exciting for the first two years , now it's like i can take it or leave it , i NEVER get cravings anymore.

With the little i have compared to many other people i'm more than perfectly OK .

Oop's , forgot to say i have a ton of DIY flavors & bottles etc.... so i do make all my own , i will admit i am an atrocious DIY er , i'm talking juice that will gag a maggot , no joke .

I gave a sample to friend once , she was furious and said it was grotesque & if i was true friend would of never let her sample it .

Not friend anymore.

Last edited:

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
4 L Nic
Mostly Provari's, 2.5's, Classic, P3's, Raduis's, Pico's
Reo, Nemmy clones
A bunch of Kayfun's and other tanks & parts, replacements, Orings
Cube of VG/PG, bunch of flavors
Wick & wire
I am set except I would like 1 more Radius. So feel pretty secure with my stash.

house mouse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2010
BFE
Since I've been watching this crap unfold for several years now and had no optimism about the FDA being "gentle" with regs, I was stocked before the regs dropped. I also had a massive case of shinyitis with mech mods and RBAs for quite awhile which ended up helping to stock the stockpile so to speak. However, since the regs dropped I did increase my larder by quite a bit just to insure that there would be no issues and that all weak points were shored up. Once it was in writing and seemed inevitable I was danged skippy I would be set.

But I know that nothing is a necessity anymore. And once I knew and internalized that concept that's when enough is enough for me occurred.

Of course if a great sale shows up there's wiggle room for a bit more if it's something I'll use.
;)

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States
7 regulated mods (including my old Vamos).
About 10 RTAs, 5 of which are pretty good.
1.5 L of nicotine (15 years).
And the only case of buyer's remorse - the 12$ mech mod (panicked, bought it). For these money I could buy 4 bottles of nice cabernet sauvignon from Aldi or 1/2 of bottle of nice bourbon from about any supermarket.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
I'm just hoping I live long enough to use my stash.
I look at it a little differently. Over the past three years I have been building up my stockpile, all the while spending less than I was smoking, therefore, my stash is already a gain, bacause whatever I have on hand is now free and clear. Vaping moving forward for me is a zero cost endeavor, whatever I use I use, whatever I don't, oh well. Better to have and not need than to not have and want for.

When I was a still smoker, I would have spent any amount to feel the freedom I now feel from the chains the cigarettes had on me, that for me is priceless.

lynn508

ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2011
alabam
I agree totally. I have prepared but my mods are lasting much longer than I expected which is great. I am a believer in being self sustainable, making my own liquids and building my own coils. Just wish more people were aware of whats happening around the world. If the economy collapses the FDA will be a footnote in history.

phonedude

DIY Enthusiast
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 21, 2011
Kansas
I'm just hoping I live long enough to use my stash.

Me too.
Old%20Man.gif

LoriP1702

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I look at it a little differently. Over the past three years I have been building up my stockpile, all the while spending less than I was smoking, therefore, my stash is already a gain, bacause whatever I have on hand is now free and clear. Vaping moving forward for me is a zero cost endeavor, whatever I use I use, whatever I don't, oh well. Better to have and not need than to not have and want for.

When I was a still smoker, I would have spent any amount to feel the freedom I now feel from the chains the cigarettes had on me, that for me is priceless.

I kept thinking about this post all last night.
It's sooooo true, it's such a powerful, and "priceless" feeling to be free of the "chains", or the worry of going back to smoking.
While I've calculated the estimated savings vs. smoking for the next 15-20 years, I hadn't thought about it the way you spelled it out.
I will actually be vaping "for free" TOO!!
For my stocking up, I spent not quite the equivalent of what I would have spent if I had continued to smoke that pack a day for two years.
I hadn't stocked up over the last few years, well, not with rebuildables, so other than 3 ProVaris, I pretty much was at scratch to begin with.
My calculated savings over the next 15 years came to just over $21,000.00. (I mean, roll that around in your head and ponder that amount).
That's *only* taking into account the actual cost of the cigs vs. the cost of my stocking up.
That doesn't take into account the *health* savings, which again...is priceless. :)

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016
stuck in a squishy pod called my brain
for us i am stocked for our life times (2 people),,,but i keep looking at 'tootle puffer stuff' for 2 people since they dont seem to like my stuff',, i havent bought them anytime because i am still learning about this other format.....although i am leaning to buying them real mods and teaching them to adjust the power/coils,,,,i have to consider prebuilt coils for them,, no way are they going to make their own.

grandmato5

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2010
WNY
My "enough is enough" moment arrived when my "need" list was empty and when looking around the internet at vape shops there was nothing I wanted to put on my "want" list either. :) When I asked myself if there was anything I would regret not having bought should I wake up tomorrow and not be able to make anymore vaping purchases the ONLY things I could come up with were a few more factory coils and I could easily live without them.

Don't get me wrong, if I had unlimited funds I'm sure I could force myself to find stuff to keep buying ;) :lol: but I realized I have more then twice as much stuff as I need to vape comfortably forever without spending more money. I mean, does anyone actually NEED more then 30 glass drip tips? :blush::lol: As much as I hate the thought I will live just fine without buying more. ;) Much of my stash was collected before the deeming order came out but I did choose to add many "wants" since May 8th. :) I regret nothing I've bought because I can vape forever with a lot of variety without spending anything in the future other then when needed some batteries, vg, pg, or flavorings no matter what happens with the deeming order or states.

Anyone else want to meet back here in twenty years to see if "enough" really was enough? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread