Why are a lot of people obsessed with vaping at high W?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canadian_Vaper

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2015
ON. Canada
Really depends on the atty in the end, Big Airflow, Big inhale will cool the coil so it doesn't actually get that hot....

Now if you take a slow hit at 150w... The coil gets hot, the vapor becomes unbearable...

In the end just vape how you enjoy it, I don't vape that high although I can..

I like clouds but I like nic more so I vape 6mg which prevents me

from going that high or I'll get a massive nic rush lols

Enjoy and just do what makes you happy :)

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
At least with all my friends I know, they all insist I vape at 120W minimum or ideally 150W...but everytime I vape it just get's so warm, they all vape extremely warm and I don't get it, a good 50-70W is perfect for me, and they want me to do 150W with an RDA I just find it crazy

50-70 watts is more power than I've ever vaped at regularly. These days I'm usually at around 20 watts and sometimes less. But I build for that power level in atties that are good there. I can actually get a warm vape at 20 watts if I want to :)

I really don't care how other people vape. I do it for myself the way I want to. If you like 50-70 watts, then that's perfect for you.

Vape on Raymundo :thumb:

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
I started out before it became a fad, and fad is still there somewhat. I got a higher power mod and tinkered. A fast suck didn't do diddly for flavor like a slow draw that slowly goes over the tastebuds and nasal passages does. It does do clouds, though.

It is what the vaper wants, if they know what want.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Because they can?

My favorite food is pig/cow tongue. Am I crazy? No.

LOL ... I love a good tongue sandwich. Then again I also enjoy beef and chicken liver
yes3.gif

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
Different strokes.... I vaped at 150w for a total of 3 seconds. That told me everything I needed to know. I stayed at 55w or so for a couple years. Then, I started experimenting with different builds and putting a little thought into things...I'm generally around 30w these days. I'm not sacrificing anything.

But, like Ryedan said, there's certain toppers designed to be built for power.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
At least with all my friends I know, they all insist I vape at 120W minimum or ideally 150W...but everytime I vape it just get's so warm, they all vape extremely warm and I don't get it, a good 50-70W is perfect for me, and they want me to do 150W with an RDA I just find it crazy

Hi, Raymundo. Don't let anyone dictate how you vape. The main idea is to stay off cigarettes, at least around these parts, so find a vape that satisfies you and makes you happy and comfortable. Vaping is not an extreme sport. ;)

If you like mouth-to-lung, low wattage vaping, like I do, enjoy!

Wheelin247

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Lakeland, Fl. USA

I like a hot dense vape. Like someone else posted, wide open air flow and a strong pull at high wattage cools down the coils. I have a Mason 27mm which has super wide open airflow. My RX300 is set at 220W. With that wattage and the wide open airflow on the Mason I get that hot vape but I pull a hard strong inhale. I only take a 1-2 second hit. The reason I vape at such high wattage is I like the hit it gives me. It hits me in the lungs hard like a Newport hits (my brand of stinky when I smoked). That's what I'm after and the high wattage with a .11 dual alien build gives that to me. Plus I vape low nic at 3 mg in a 80/20 VG/PG ratio which I make my own so I can play around with the VG content. Some juices I make is more like a 90/10 VG/PG ratio.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
And here I am at 8.5 watts...sometimes I'll go up to 35 or so on a dripper and do my version of "chuckin some fog," but usually it's 8-12W in a Kayfun clone.

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA

It's not "crazy", it's what they like. I've had a few friends over the years that were (and are) involved in amateur and pro-am racing. These guys spend tens of thousands of their own dollars for a ten-second adrenaline rush or drive in a muddy 1/2 mile circle. I don't think they're crazy because of their choice, it's just that I would rather spend the money on other things. To each his own.

We're all vapers, regardless of what we're vaping on.

Because they can?

My favorite food is pig/cow tongue. Am I crazy? No.

Heck no. I was born to immigrant parents and raised in a completely hunky neighborhood. "We" ate stuff that would have been a good fit for Fear Factor, lol.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread