Why are a lot of people obsessed with vaping at high W?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thetrucker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2014
Syracuse,NY
I still have 3 boxes of Evod coils. Not ProTank coils but the smaller ID chimney Evod coils. We used them in our Protanks because it gave a tighter draw. ATT I bet that they were going to sell off their stock of PT coils and Evods would become the standard.
D'OH! I probably would have bought Betamax stock back in the day.

View attachment 644881
These were the coolest looking atomizers of all time......really shiny........after the glass tank came out......they were great............the draw was so tite

that I could not continue to use these once the looser draw devices were introduced............even tried to drill out the air holes a little but there was not

enough ...Meat....to allow for a bigger hole on the bottom of the coil head...................

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
Vape a 30 watts tiny machine at 25 watts.

Vape a 200 watts big machine at 45 watts.

Which is more likely to explode?

Unclear why nowhere Sony VTC 5 A are available. This is obviously the only battery to stand higher watts. If you use 2 or 3 of them in 1 machine!
I'm going to guess the 200w big machine is most likely to explode. Why? Because nearly every pic I've seen of a regulated mod that exploded, it's been a Reuleaux or some like styled device with multiple cells.

VAPING a 30w @25 w or VAPING a 200w @ 45w, I say neither is likely to explode. Why would either be more likely to explode?

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
Chillax, EVERYTHING'S EVENTUAL comes back in style. ;)
...on Gale's table on Breaking Bad today ~ Boxcutter episode - BrBa binging with the Mrs.

zTJmFRV.png

Last edited:

SleeZy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2014
Sweden
I still have 3 boxes of Evod coils. Not ProTank coils but the smaller ID chimney Evod coils. We used them in our Protanks because it gave a tighter draw. ATT I bet that they were going to sell off their stock of PT coils and Evods would become the standard.
D'OH! I probably would have bought Betamax stock back in the day.

View attachment 644881

Oh yea me too! I totally stocked up on the evods aswell as protanks, to use multiple flavours. Nowadays they're just sittin there collecting dust. :/
Quick image of the overall upgrades that came out near that time. (I'm still stuck at kayfun tho, might aswell mention. :) )
FrT7Qc0.jpg

Grego25

ECF Veteran
May 11, 2016
Been thinking about these new 300-350w mods. I ran a .11 coil for a couple days and it was around 5v at less than half that power. None of these new mods are rated lower than .10 in power mode so does whoever actually turns them up run over 10v & is that beneficial in any way?
*not thinking about as in considering buying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Eskie

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Been thinking about these new 300-350w mods. I ran a .11 coil for a couple days and it was around 5v at less than half that power. None of these new mods are rated lower than .10 in power mode so does whoever actually turns them up run over 10v & is that beneficial in any way?

You could build a double vertabrated super cross cut stapled alien with 8 cores, have it come in at 0.15 ohm, but still require 300W to just get lukewarm. A higher wattage, more coil mass vape becomes possible. Now, does that make for a better vape? Got me, I'm terrible at spinning fancy wire.

I'm very happy in my 450F 40W TC mode with some Clapton coils and a wonderful vape. As far as I'm concerned, that is high wattage vaping.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia

I see the only benefit as being able to say "dude, I'm vaping at 300w bro!" Other than that, I can't see any real advantage...but what do I know? I have a .3 ohm fused clapton made from ss in an O Atty on a REO. I feel like a total Maverick!

Foggyroomz

ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2014
Indiana
At least with all my friends I know, they all insist I vape at 120W minimum or ideally 150W...but everytime I vape it just get's so warm, they all vape extremely warm and I don't get it, a good 50-70W is perfect for me, and they want me to do 150W with an RDA I just find it crazy
I can vape 11 watts on my MVP using a 2.0 ohm coil in a protank and enjoy it or dig out my lipo box and hit 350 watts all day using my 30mm temple or CCI Centurion it's all on what you want to do. I spent an entire year vaping 280 watts on a 3s lipo mech box and enjoyed it because I was competing in cloud comps all the time but like anything it gets old after a while. I'm running a single stainless build at 25.5 watts 0.90 ohms and 440 degrees as an all day vape and enjoy it just fine. Do what is comfortable and enjoyable and just because your friends like high wattage cloud chasing set ups doesn't mean that's what you have to do. If they can't accept what you like maybe they really aren't very good friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread