Why are standard tobacco flavorings so incredibly weak and sucky?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
It didn't used to be like this.

I used to be able to buy American style and flue cure flavoring that was reasonably potent and tasted like tobacco. Now the same companies are selling flavoring with the same name for twice the price that is MAYBE 1/10th as strong, to the point that it is impossible to mix usefully.

Is there anyone still carrying decent tobacco flavorings?

Does anyone know why they aren't?

Here you go.. these people are great!

www.Naturally-Extracted-Tobacco.com, e-liquids for electronic cigarettes

Reactions: MSK421

Rin13

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2011
Ohio
www.youtube.com
I have tried tons as well and now just stay with a few Hangsen tobacco's myself .

Never tried NETS and i'm sure i would like them but i'm pretty lazy at this point & even making an effort to grab the remote a foot a way is a major accomplishment & requires advanced planning.
The NETs I'm talking about you just mix as you would any other flavor. I don't recommend people making NETs because it's unsanitary.

Reactions: herb

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
The NETs I'm talking about you just mix as you would any other flavor. I don't recommend people making NETs because it's unsanitary.

Lol... I think it's only as unsanitary as the person making them dear.

That's kind of like saying, don't make your own bread because it's unsanitary..

It's rather a ridiculous statement. Rather if your concerned with other people's sanitation habits you should say, make sure you make your nets in sanitary conditions..

I have a cold maceration going right now.. but I promise you that my conditions are quite sanitary, and to imply they are unsanitary without knowing me is rather offensive without cause, all in the name of fear mongering.

Last edited:
Reactions: MSK421

Rin13

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2011
Ohio
www.youtube.com

It's rather a ridiculous statement. Rather if your concerned with other people's sanitation habits you should say, make sure you make your nets in sanitary conditions..

I have a cold maceration going right now.. but I promise you that my conditions are quite sanitary, and to imply they are unsanitary without knowing me is rather offensive without cause, all in the name of fear mongering.
Last I knew, you're not inhaling bread into the delicate tissue that is your lungs. Eating and inhaling are not the same, thus your argument is invalid. If people wish to make their own NETs, obviously they will... but I will not recommend it to people.

Reactions: herb

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Last I knew, you're not inhaling bread into the delicate tissue that is your lungs. Eating and inhaling are not the same, thus your argument is invalid. If people wish to make their own NETs, obviously they will... but I will not recommend it to people.

Believe whatever you like, but as none of the components of your e liquid, from anywhere you choose to buy your e juice from, is medical grade for inhalation... not your vg or your pg and certainly not your flavorings, so I'm not very afraid.. Dow won't sell to e liquid manufacturers, so we all get our e juice components from the same places as e juice manufacturers.

Therefore, in the end I'm also not afraid to make my own net's in my own clean environment, and it's all certainly one Hell of a lot better than combustible cigarettes going into our lungs.

But go ahead and live in a fantasy that what your buying is better than anything someone who is doing DIY can make.. it's just a more costly fantasy is all. But do try to avoid fear mongering, because in the end, that's all it is.

Last edited:

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
It didn't used to be like this.

I used to be able to buy American style and flue cure flavoring that was reasonably potent and tasted like tobacco. Now the same companies are selling flavoring with the same name for twice the price that is MAYBE 1/10th as strong, to the point that it is impossible to mix usefully.

Is there anyone still carrying decent tobacco flavorings?

Does anyone know why they aren't?

I suppose you've already tried FA Virginia and Hangsen Highway at recommended mix levels. Both of those are potent tobacco flavors. If not, you can kick them up a notch with .5% Tobacco Absolute or FA Black Fire.

Reactions: Opinionated

mcclintock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Oct 28, 2014
    On the other hand, extracts are made or diluted with a solution of antimicrobial PG, and vaporized at high heat with particulates left behind. I'd be worried more about dust and fibers of plastic than substances brought to mind as "unsanitary". Not sure what you meant.

MSK421

ECF Veteran
    Apr 17, 2017
    Fort Worth, Texas

I'd not worry about "unsanitary" in any of my e liquids. Look at your food source. USDA/fda allow rat hair, feces, and urine in all food sources. Milk, flour, any and all processed food. And that is just rat it does not include inscects and other unsanitary impurities. It will stay in your system longer than any vape/smoke. True that it enters the blood stream quicker but also leaves just as quick. Food is a slower process meaning that it stays longer in ones system. So next time you eat/drink anything other than what you grew yourself that's unsanitary!
    To each his/her own
    Keep it to your own

Simar Sidhu

Moved On
    Jun 1, 2017
    • Deleted by retired1

herb

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 21, 2014
    Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.

I take Rin's comment as a general comment , you seem to take it as she's targeting you specifically , not the case. Of course there are exceptions.

rob33

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 20, 2009
    A World Traveler
    I have lost the desire for tobacco flavor but I understand if you still have that craving. Back before we had ultra clean nicotine base you really didn't need much flavoring it was naturally flavored. Sure it needed a little help but the basic flavor was there. I use a organic nicotine base from Carolina Extraction it's one of the cleanest I have found. I left a small bottle out unrefrigerated for a couple months as an experiment, really to test how long it would last. One day I thought it give it a try. It had an great tobacco flavor as close to any Marlboro you ever tasted. The color had went from a clear to a light tan. So my thought is, maybe you just need to age your base and find flavor enhancers to compliment it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread