Placed my First Flavor Order

Status
Not open for further replies.

molimelight

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2013
Columbia, MO
I have everything else I need for now and I just placed my first flavor orders yesterday:

ecigexpress

Ry1 Flavoring by Hangsen
Flue-Cured tobacco Flavoring by Hangsen
7 Leaves tobacco by FlavourArt
Layton Blend Tobacco by FlavourArt

Flavor Apprentice

Black Honey Flavor
Tobacco Flavor

Obviously I like vaping tobacco flavors. :D I bought these because they all seem like they can be used stand alone or as a base. Was just curious if anyone had any advice on blending any of the above or concentrations for them as stand alone.

I plan on experimenting with PG/VG ratios, starting at 50/50 and moving as far into VG as possible while retaining some decent throat hit. I'll be using a fairly high nic level, probably 30 or so. I'll be experimenting with that also. In viewing the data on nicotine absorption in vaping, I'd like to cut down on the amount of time I spend vaping trying to get the nic fix I'm looking for. I almost exclusively use Kanger Mini and Pro tank IIs with home built cotton coils. Any advice/help is appreciated.

Blueser

ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2013
Diddy Wah Diddy, USA
I've used the HS RY1, the vanilla/caramel is barely detectable and to me it has a very, very light tobacco characteristic. I didn't care for the FA 7 leaves, it was too grassy tasting for my likes but maybe I mixed it too strong, I just haven't revisited the flavor.

I've tried quite a few tobacco flavorings and what's perceived as tobacco is all over the place...so when someone says tobacco, are they referring to a flavor similar to a cigarette or that of a candy cigarette...there's a big difference. You can place RY's in the candy cigarette category as you have caramel/vanilla that often times is very dominate especially in tfa's double ry4.

Personally I prefer Inawera for tobacco flavoring...a lot of so-called tobacco flavors are just the opposite with a very grassy taste which I find very displeasing. At first I wanted a flavor that taste as close to the real thing as possible...my taste have evolved into now also liking a custom ry of sorts...also a tobacco base with different combinations of vanilla/coconut/chocolate...If you're wanting a flavor similar to that of a cig, you may want to try Inawera Little Space Drop & Dirty Neutral Base as a combo or mixed with another tobacco flavor. Inawera's Toni D' Milano S'Camel is a nice flavor and likes good company/L S D/DNB

Heabob

ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2014
Bay City, Michigan
I've used the HS RY1, the vanilla/caramel is barely detectable and to me it has a very, very light tobacco characteristic. I didn't care for the FA 7 leaves, it was too grassy tasting for my likes but maybe I mixed it too strong, I just haven't revisited the flavor.

I've tried quite a few tobacco flavorings and what's perceived as tobacco is all over the place...so when someone says tobacco, are they referring to a flavor similar to a cigarette or that of a candy cigarette...there's a big difference. You can place RY's in the candy cigarette category as you have caramel/vanilla that often times is very dominate especially in tfa's double ry4.

Personally I prefer Inawera for tobacco flavoring...a lot of so-called tobacco flavors are just the opposite with a very grassy taste which I find very displeasing. At first I wanted a flavor that taste as close to the real thing as possible...my taste have evolved into now also liking a custom ry of sorts...also a tobacco base with different combinations of vanilla/coconut/chocolate...If you're wanting a flavor similar to that of a cig, you may want to try Inawera Little Space Drop & Dirty Neutral Base as a combo or mixed with another tobacco flavor. Inawera's Toni D' Milano S'Camel is a nice flavor and likes good company/L S D/DNB

+1

So true, 7 Leaves and Maxx Blend are "other flavor" first, with a hint of tobacco, maybe...

Not that they are bad flavors, but not what I was looking for.

Flue Cured + RY1 might be good, needs to sit for 2-3 weeks min. tho.

Inawera is still the best tobacco for me, but some of them also have other hints of chocolate, vanilla, spice, etc.

Inawera Virginia, Burley, Turkish, S'Camel, TA Virginia, & DNB are more like real tobaccos IMO, or much closer anyhow.

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
I'm not sure what your looking for in a tobacco flavor but what Blueser said is very true and his recommendations are right on point. Theres a difference between true tobacco taste and candy tobacco. The TFA Black honey tobacco and RY's are more like candy then tobacco. The inawera tobaccos such as s-camel, Turkish, TA Virginia and DNB as well as the hangsen tobaccos are more like cigarette/pipe/cigar/exotic natural tobaccos. The TFA black honey needs 4 - 5 weeks of steep time or you have nothing more then a candied perfume vape. The hangsen flu-cured was a bit weak in the tobacco department and 7% or more is needed and could use some tobacco absolute. The hangsen ry1 is not a sweet vape at 7% compared to the ry4's and has just a hint of vanilla. The FA 7 leaves I though was weak and grassy at 5 - 7%. If your looking for the best tobaccos stay away from the TFA flavors and stick with the Hangsen and inawera and get some education on how to mix the proper bases and how to use absolutes to enhance tobacco flavor. Tobaccos are not an easy mix to start out with and need steeping anywhere from 3-5 weeks so keep that in mind after you first mix them and find there not what you are looking for. You will need to give them time to mature.

Here's some reading.

Read my blogs before getting started

E-Cigarette Forum - dannyv45 - Blogs

then read hoosier's blogs.

E-Cigarette Forum - Hoosier - Blogs

then read the stickies at the top of the page.

this will explain a lot of the how's and why's.

Also read the inawera thread and the hangsen thread.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/diy-e-liquid/477601-inawera-few-reviews.html

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/diy-e-liquid/543056-inawera-shops-diy-recipes.html

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/diy-e-liquid/440440-hangsen-thread.html

Last edited:

molimelight

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2013
Columbia, MO
Thanks for the input, all. I think a lot of this stuff is subjective. I read many other posts and threads where people are really happy mixing RY1 at 1% and vaping it right away. And many of the reviews of what I ordered are the same way, with people remarking that they mix it alone and can vape it pretty quickly.

I know the Inawera stuff is good, but I wanted to be able to order something that came pretty quickly.

I also know that tobacco may be tough to start with but I have NO interest in vaping other flavors. This is just my feeling and experience with it, but vaping flavors of things that I could eat or drink just doesn't feel right. If I want watermelon, I can eat watermelon, same with coffee, peach, vanilla, etc. When I vape food or drink or candy flavors it just leaves me kind of wanting and I tend to ask myself, "Why bother when I can have the real thing?", whereas tobacco is pretty much off the table. And really, I don't think my palate is that refined. I hear other people review juices and talk about essence of this and hint of that and I just don't think I get it. :unsure: I do plan on doing some tobacco leaf maceration after I get some tobacco mixes done.

Thanks for the links and suggestions. I have done plenty of reading threads and blogs on "how to" prior to this post. I was just looking for anyone who mixed with those flavors to give some input on percentages and experience with them.

Heabob

ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2014
Bay City, Michigan
Thanks for the input, all. I think a lot of this stuff is subjective. I read many other posts and threads where people are really happy mixing RY1 at 1% and vaping it right away. And many of the reviews of what I ordered are the same way, with people remarking that they mix it alone and can vape it pretty quickly.

I know the Inawera stuff is good, but I wanted to be able to order something that came pretty quickly.

I also know that tobacco may be tough to start with but I have NO interest in vaping other flavors. This is just my feeling and experience with it, but vaping flavors of things that I could eat or drink just doesn't feel right. If I want watermelon, I can eat watermelon, same with coffee, peach, vanilla, etc. When I vape food or drink or candy flavors it just leaves me kind of wanting and I tend to ask myself, "Why bother when I can have the real thing?", whereas tobacco is pretty much off the table. And really, I don't think my palate is that refined. I hear other people review juices and talk about essence of this and hint of that and I just don't think I get it. :unsure: I do plan on doing some tobacco leaf maceration after I get some tobacco mixes done.

Thanks for the links and suggestions. I have done plenty of reading threads and blogs on "how to" prior to this post. I was just looking for anyone who mixed with those flavors to give some input on percentages and experience with them.

No need to wait for Inawera:Bull City Vapor - Best Prices on DIY e-liquid Supplies

And:Vapers Tek

My notes say: Hangsen Ry1 at 7% as a stand alone, steeped for 3-4 weeks.

I would drop it down to 3-4% if mixing with Virginia at 3-4%, total flavoring <10%.
Or 5% Virginia, 3% RY1, or switch em up.

Hangsen needs a little bit more than Inawera.

csardaz

ECF Veteran
May 29, 2014
Pennsylvania
I too just got the stuff for DIY mixing, and I'm stoked. One mix to try first before I sit down and copy all these flavors into a spreadsheet.

I got nic/pg and vg and a bunch of flavors from Wizard labs but I was really stoked to try a super-concentrated flavor from vapingzone - Dunhill flavor. 3 ml vg + 3 ml (48mg/ml nic in PG) + 2.5% (0.15ml) flavor = Dunhill 2.5@ 23.4mg/ml.

Stuck it to my sander with velcro for a minute - then - yeah - thats definitely Dunhill - 85%.

Put some blue painters masking tape to make sure bottle doesn't open - into the clothes dryer for 15 minutes - let it sit 5 minutes for bubbles to disperse and - BAM - 95% Dunhill. Its already better than the dekang hills blend I got online.

I expect this batch will get vaped before I see what its like with a weeks aging. I'll mix up 50ml or so and let that sit. Meanwhile a bunch of other flavors I need to look up starting percentages and figure out which to try first.

Cheers! I hope you're this happy when you vape your own first DIY.

" " " Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread