• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Why is Canadian Customs holding items forever?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dahlialady

ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2013
Montreal
My packages arrived from China the beginning of the month. Tracking shows Order awaiting customs clearance. Nothing I have is under 50 bucks. No liquids. Just mods, wicks, and batteries. Okay. I know I can go out to the brick and mortar to buy a battery for 22 bucks, but I only pay $4.60 for the same battery on fasttech.
Is anyone else having their orders take forever due to Canada Customs? I know Health Canada wants to squash E-cigs, but is this doing it the right way?

vincom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Philippines
My packages arrived from China the beginning of the month. Tracking shows Order awaiting customs clearance. Nothing I have is under 50 bucks. No liquids. Just mods, wicks, and batteries. Okay. I know I can go out to the brick and mortar to buy a battery for 22 bucks, but I only pay $4.60 for the same battery on Fasttech.
Is anyone else having their orders take forever due to Canada Customs? I know Health Canada wants to squash E-cigs, but is this doing it the right way?
u can call the customs office of where ur item is held and they can tell u whats going on

skrymir

Jul 14, 2015
Canada
I had a similar issue recently. Ordering batteries can slow things down. If it's from fasttech the sweeden post can be very slow since it has a lower priority than other shipping methods (though nowhere as slow as the regular post option). The other issue with sweeden post in Canada is that Canada Post won't update tracking information on their online system and it will just show up one day.

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
Just mods, wicks, and batteries.

Most likely the batteries. They're starting to crack down on those as well. If the shipper isn't certified and have the proper paperwork submitted for shipping Lithium Ion batteries, Customs may not let it through.

The laws in Canada place Lithium Ion batteries in the category of Dangerous Goods, which requires anyone shipping batteries to have paperwork on file authorizing them to ship them.

ashtrayogdc

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2013
Saskatchewan
Hmmm I wonder if this is why my juice is taking soooo long to get here. It apparently shipped on September 6'th and is not here yet. I'm scared it is confiscated or something. Of course when I check the UPS tracking number there is no updates at all just says the preshipment info was received on the 6'th. I'm worried, it was a lot of juice. Blah. If only Canada had a half decent deal on some juice I would just order from here. Nothing compares to Vape Wild prices around here though. Even with the dollar as bad as it is it's still cheaper to buy American and pay for shipping. Sad if you ask me.

Reactions: dahlialady

ashtrayogdc

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2013
Saskatchewan
94 Canadian for 480ml from vapewild and that is with shipping included. If you order over $200 and use the 10% coupon code shipping is free. Sounds like you can get 480ml of bargainejuice.ca for $80 though so that's pretty great. Still 3 flavors isn't much to choose from and I've found some vapewild flavors that are pretty good.

skrymir

Jul 14, 2015
Canada
94 Canadian for 480ml from vapewild and that is with shipping included. If you order over $200 and use the 10% coupon code shipping is free. Sounds like you can get 480ml of bargainejuice.ca for $80 though so that's pretty great. Still 3 flavors isn't much to choose from and I've found some vapewild flavors that are pretty good.
I'll definitely have a look at vapewild but I've been burned shipping juice to Canada in the past.

Bargain ejuice is $15 per 120ml bottle and shipping is $9 for regular shipping and $13 for xprssspost. I a just filled my cart with 10 bottles ant it worked out to $178.

I'm going to see how I like my circle loops when I'm done this bottle before deciding if I'm going to order from them again.

Reactions: ashtrayogdc
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

canadianvape

Oct 7, 2015
I have a RDA, and some drip tips that landed in BC on the 3rd and there has been no update to it since. Canada post has no information on the tracking number. They say it is with customs. When I called customs they told me anything ecig related is handed over to health Canada for review. They do not track any of this though, so for all I know someone could have lost my package, or someone is using it. Great system we have in place.

Woofer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2014
PA, SK, CA
I have a RDA, and some drip tips that landed in BC on the 3rd and there has been no update to it since. Canada post has no information on the tracking number. They say it is with customs. When I called customs they told me anything ecig related is handed over to health Canada for review. They do not track any of this though, so for all I know someone could have lost my package, or someone is using it. Great system we have in place.

To All Persons Interested in Importing, Advertising or Selling Electronic Smoking Products in Canada - Health Canada Notice 2009-03-27
and
E-smoke retailers battling border seizures

I believe Health Canada is operating beyond of their authority.
A polite letter to the Minister Of Health (Jane Philpott, Markham-Stouffville) and your Member of Parliament can't hurt.

Reactions: WillyZee

Pinebeatle

ECF Veteran
Dec 8, 2015
Northern BC Canada

vincom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Philippines
health canada has authority over anything entering canada related to any health implications either real or implied, they supersede any law either written or not unless theres a law specific to said item for entering canada.
for anything i mean food, plants etc. not just nic.

you would need to prove to health canada or in court that said item is considered safe or wait for health canada to either ease or lift the ban on their own or by govt mandate or they can highly regulate items making them unaffordable or not cost effective crossing the border.

Canadian_Vaper

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2015
ON. Canada
I ordered two boxes of coils from myfreedomsmokes on Dec 30th. Customs took them in for "further processing". They we're released after 2 days and I should get them today. So that's 11 days total. I'd call that acceptable for a package that has to cross a border around this time of year.
Meh, my velocity clone entered canada on the 15th of december and is missing in action.. Canada post is investigating now.... 30-60 days estimated time...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread