• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Shipping delay question

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the batteries. I placed two orders with VapeNW last Tuesday, one for a mod (Mini Jedi 50w) and one for some batteries to go with it. I placed the orders at the same time, but wanted them to ship separately, since I figured there might be an issue with getting batteries across the boarder. Low and behold, I got my mod yesterday, but my batteries did not arrive. Tracking showed both packages to be in lock-step all the way across the US, up into Hamilton, and then over to Mississauga, then they hit customs inspection, and boom, all of a sudden the batteries just... stop.
CP says they are out for delivery today, so I'm hopeful they'll be here soon, but I'm neither impressed, nor surprised.

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
Take a look at the rules for mailing Lithium Ion batteries. If the shipper isn't on their "authorized" list, they stand a good chance of being seized. Canada has classed those batteries as "dangerous goods".

What surprised me was the threat of jail time if you're caught mailing batteries without the proper documentation and safeguards.

Did you know that Lithium Batteries are Dangerous Goods? - Transport Canada

Take a look at the rules for mailing Lithium Ion batteries. If the shipper isn't on their "authorized" list, they stand a good chance of being seized. Canada has classed those batteries as "dangerous goods".

What surprised me was the threat of jail time if you're caught mailing batteries without the proper documentation and safeguards.

Did you know that Lithium Batteries are Dangerous Goods? - Transport Canada

Up until very recently, I was TDG certified, so I'm familiar with this process, and these requirements, which is why I elected to have my first shipment of batteries shipped separately from the rest of my order. I'd rather lose a couple 18650s because customs got their panties in a bunch, than lose my batteries, and my new mod, because a vaper at customs liked my mod, and pretended to get his panties in a bunch over my batteries. I'd love to find a reasonably priced domestic supplier for 18650s, but, and perhaps my Google-fu is weak, I have had no luck on that front.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread