• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

The Bermuda Triangle between China Post & Canada Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

CityLights

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2011
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Anyone else experience this?
The Bermuda Triangle between China Post & Canada Post?
You send parcels for hardware from china and they disappear for weeks after leaving China Post. You are left with the "We could not find this Tracking Number in our system" on Canada Post yet it departed China's outward office weeks ago. It was sent by Air Mail yet it seems to have taken the slow boat from China?

I've had to several packages depart for Canada on the same day by Air Mail and they all usually arrive in the Canada post system a few days later, ..then held for customs. But for the odd package it just disappears! ..and for weeks on end!

Looking back over my parts orders that met the 'Bermuda Triangle' I now see a pattern.
They have all had Drip Tips and eGo Cone covers! Things that may look like bullets! :blink:

I'm starting to wonder if these item are getting flagged off as suspicious by a cargo Xray system before they enter the Canada Customs/Canada Post postal processing line. After weeks go by they once again emerge in the Canada Post system and go throught the regular held & released by customs and then delivered. None of these packages I've had disappear, have been opened or inspected when they arrive. So I'm thinking x-ray!

Last edited:

Not Iris

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2011
Ontario, Canada
I have ordered from GH1 and HC, all sent through China airmail and they all have fallen into this dark hole. They do come back to life though and eventually surface at customs then clear and they arrive.

I have just had one from HC and it fell into the dark hole, then cleared customs and handed over to Canada Post. Canada post then sat on it for a week and it is finally out for delivery today.

I always give China orders at least 3 weeks to get delivered to my door.

One order that I made through alibaba only took a week to arrive at my door, which surprised me.

CityLights

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2011
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Out of curiosity, are the x-file packages from the same supplier? Or multiple ones?
multiple suppliers can end up in the x-files, HG, HC, EM. This last one was from HC. Had 3 HC packages ordered same day, all 3 showed in China post forward and outward offices all synchronized. 2 showed up in Can-post system 2 days after leaving China, quickly cleared Vancouver Customs and sent along to Mississauga. Only the missing one has anything that could resemble a munition on x-ray.

CityLights

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2011
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
You know, if they're that good at picking pre-screening off the line with anything that resembles illegal weapons or munitions, then I really don't mind some delay. They could be quicker on clearing backlogs tho.

Would still like to know if others can see a pattern with parcels entering the Black hole of nowhere. (cue x-files music)

kanadiankat

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2010
Alberta, Canada
www.electrovapors.com
Anyone else experience this?
The Bermuda Triangle between China Post & Canada Post?
You send parcels for hardware from china and they disappear for weeks after leaving China Post. You are left with the "We could not find this Tracking Number in our system" on Canada Post yet it departed China's outward office weeks ago. It was sent by Air Mail yet it seems to have taken the slow boat from China?

I've had to several packages depart for Canada on the same day by Air Mail and they all usually arrive in the Canada post system a few days later, ..then held for customs. But for the odd package it just disappears! ..and for weeks on end!

Looking back over my parts orders that met the 'Bermuda Triangle' I now see a pattern.
They have all had Drip Tips and eGo Cone covers! Things that may look like bullets! :blink:

I'm starting to wonder if these item are getting flagged off as suspicious by a cargo Xray system before they enter the Canada Customs/Canada Post postal processing line. After weeks go by they once again emerge in the Canada Post system and go throught the regular held & released by customs and then delivered. None of these packages I've had disappear, have been opened or inspected when they arrive. So I'm thinking x-ray!

THE BERMUDA TRIANGLE EXPLAINED....

China has an outgoing customs. These are very rare in the world - in fact they don't exist in modern democracies.

It goes like this - their outgoing customs is supposed to make sure that everything going out of the country is legally allowed to go out of the country (and that the "clearance fees" have been paid, wink, wink).

It can take time to get through - or get through in a heart-beat (see clearance fee's details above for an inside view of why some things get through faster than others).

While in the outgoing customs office - packages do not show up on any tracking system.

...don't you wish the real Bermuda Triangle were that easy?

r4nd0mCh40s

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Every place has the Bermuda triangle like i have a driptip coming from the states, its soaking up the rays in Miami for the past 5 days, i have a package from bc on the way that is always stuck in richmond for a couple days, I had a package stuck in missisagua for 5 days as well, only time i didnt have to wait and it was actual proper delivery was when i ordered some things on the classies from a guy in alberta, he sent it second day post and it arrived that fast! ((never saw it again i ordered from vaper geek that uses the same shipping it arrived in 5days))

Ms. Creant

ECF Veteran
Nov 3, 2011
Calgary, AB
Canada also has outgoing customs. I looked into this when I was making knives and selling them state-side.

THE BERMUDA TRIANGLE EXPLAINED....

China has an outgoing customs. These are very rare in the world - in fact they don't exist in modern democracies.

It goes like this - their outgoing customs is supposed to make sure that everything going out of the country is legally allowed to go out of the country (and that the "clearance fees" have been paid, wink, wink).

It can take time to get through - or get through in a heart-beat (see clearance fee's details above for an inside view of why some things get through faster than others).

While in the outgoing customs office - packages do not show up on any tracking system.

...don't you wish the real Bermuda Triangle were that easy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread