Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Screen D

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2011
Georgia
Well after having my woody in hand all day, :blush: just wanted to post again to say how much I like this PV.

I was a little worried that with such a smooth finish that it would feel slippery. Not at all. Just feels comfortable to hold, not too heavy, but has enough heft to just feel solid. Firing the button just feels natural with the base of the cone acting as a rest for the opposing finger.

The workmanship is nothing short of outstanding. Gentry takes a run of the mill 3.7v PV, and transforms it into a work of art.

Eric included a nice felt case to store it in. Sometime back I had bought a really nice leather cigar holder to use with my IPro. The tube is a worthy case, and perfect fit for the 14650 Red wood Burl.

Here is a crudy comparison pic with a 900mAh eGo, IPro, 14650 woody, and the cigar tube. Below is some high quality pics I hijacked of the net.
Photo0014.jpg
DiscountVapers_EP14-004c__20408_zoom.JPG

TH9540_271_main

Last edited:

gormly

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2011
Connecticut USA
www.discountvapers.com
Well after having my woody in hand all day, :blush: just wanted to post again to say how much I like this PV.

I was a little worried that with such a smooth finish that it would feel slippery. Not at all. Just feels comfortable to hold, not too heavy, but has enough heft to just feel solid. Firing the button just feels natural with the base of the cone acting as a rest for the opposing finger.

The workmanship is nothing short of outstanding. Gentry takes a run of the mill 3.7v PV, and transforms it into a work of art.

Eric includes a nice felt case to store it in. Sometime back I had bought a really nice leather cigar holder to use with my IPro. The tube is a worthy case, and perfect fit for the 14650 Red wood Burl.

Just a side note, I do not always have the felt cases, so if I do not have one in stock I put it in an Ego case instead.

orachel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2010
Mesa, Arizona...USA
Big Screen D... that mod is just gorgeous! Love the leather case, too! And Eric, that is so fabulous that you include cases at all! I had no idea that was part of the package. ;)

As to hookahs... I live in Phoenix/Mesa, Arizona area, and we have TONS and TONS of these hookah bars. Must be a university thing, cause seriously... there's one on every corner. And they always have a million and one fruity etc flavors listed on the windows. How cool would a vaping hookah bar be? Just a hookah on every table where you could hang out in loose groups of comfy chairs, like a good coffeeshop. Would be so cool if you could buy a giant carto filled with flavor of your choice, and somehow plug it into hookah. The whole place would be filled with plumes of yummy smelling vapor. rofl Anyway, that occurred to me after I realized those hookah bars were so huge here. vaping mecca! rofl

whokrz

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2012
ca
I am fairly certain he used a cut off edge of the standard cone to turn it and made the opening big enough for a standard go-go carto not a GGDCC but I will test it.
I just use the ring that is inside the metal cone(sheet metal) If I remember correctly the cone has to go on first then the GGDCC. The GGDCC also has to be removed to take off the cone.

This one is back in stock:

Someone purchased it and the switch went bad, they did not want it repaired for themself, so I repaired it with a new battery and switch and it is new again, no scratches, no dings, perfect condition.
This one will not fit a GGDCC. It was the first GG I made and I did not know that the GGDCC was larger. I don't know that re-drilling the cone is possible due to the inside diameter of the metal ring.
All future Go-Gos will fit the GGDCC just like Bayemons

Alright, who snagged this one while I napped? LG XL3Mini - Variable Voltage - Box Elder Burl (Black/Gold)

Black and Gold...Geaux Saints. I need this bad LOL.

Anymore coming in?

Wrong thread...to many tabs open.:toast:
The box elder bur (black/gold) is not available at burlsource currently. I do not know when he will have more but I would expect months. The double dyed takes the stabilizing company a long time to do. I am guessing peoples orders sit until they have a large enough batch to make a run.

Well I'd post some pics, but that will have to wait till I fix my laptop.

Received my Redwood Burl 14650 today. OMG, it is truly a piece of art. The fit and finish this woodworker did to this little ole E Power is absolutely flawless. Hell I feel like I need to go put on a Tux or something. It looks that good.

Oh, and it vapes pretty nice to lol.
I am happy to hear that you like it! It is always great to get feed back :D

gormly

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2011
Connecticut USA
www.discountvapers.com
Just so you all know Lewis is now authorized to post in this thread as a supplier associate. meaning he can and will take all your questions on wood. Please post here or PM him if you have a question on what wood where when etc...
I forward most of those to him anyway so this will save us some time and cut down on bad info you might get from me as I know nothing about wood except it's beautiful!!!

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
Just so you all know Lewis is now authorized to post in this thread as a supplier associate. meaning he can and will take all your questions on wood. Please post here or PM him if you have a question on what wood where when etc...
I forward most of those to him anyway so this will save us some time and cut down on bad info you might get from me as I know nothing about wood except it's beautiful!!!

(snicker)

:lol: :laugh:

ROFL.jpg

(ahem)

Sorry...a little punchy this afternoon. :)

Welcome officially to the club, Lewis!

Big Screen D

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2011
Georgia
Question for Lewis.

Big Dogs Burl appears to be essentially sold out. So is that yours and Eric's doing? lol

Any of those sold out reds and teals laying around your lath?

Also I know it will be quite some time before the double dyed Black and Gold is back in stock. Feel free to put a sticky note or something around your shop with my name on it.:p

orachel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2010
Mesa, Arizona...USA
Ooh, Foggy, just think of how pretty that'll be with your Phiniac tank! I've got my heart set on an 18650 redwood burl indulgence... don't know if they're on the site yet, but boy, txtumbleweed got the first one, and that just sets my heart to patter. Its got a matching cone and driptip. lol That box elder has lovely burling, too! Maybe you'll get lucky and it'll end up available one of these days.

Big Screen D

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2011
Georgia
Only problem with getting one with the cone, is it looks so cool, you don't want to NOT use it.

Had to did through my Armageddon stash and dig up some cartos to fit that I haven't used in months. Though the CE4+ that is my go to carto does look quite good on my 14650 with a shorty 510 adapter, I'm on the prowl for a XL3 mini, no cone just for them.

I'm not a tank user, but if they come up with a model with matching tank...

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
Only problem with getting one with the cone, is it looks so cool, you don't want to NOT use it.

Had to did through my Armageddon stash and dig up some cartos to fit that I haven't used in months. Though the CE4+ that is my go to carto does look quite good on my 14650 with a shorty 510 adapter, I'm on the prowl for a XL3 mini, no cone just for them.

I'm not a tank user, but if they come up with a model with matching tank...

The new ce3 work good with the 14650 and you can use your cone. You have about 1/2 inch of the clear carto showing and just need to tip it to see how much juice you have left.

whokrz

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2012
ca
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

Congrats Lewis!

How about Curly Maple wood?
I may have some curly maple laying around and if not I can order it. I have not seen curly maple stabilized. Stabilized wood is a good idea for the drip tips to prevent swelling if moisture gets past the CA finish. I would be happy to make a curly maple mod but it would be a pre-order.

Question for Lewis.

Big Dogs Burl appears to be essentially sold out. So is that yours and Eric's doing? lol

Any of those sold out reds and teals laying around your lath?

Also I know it will be quite some time before the double dyed Black and Gold is back in stock. Feel free to put a sticky note or something around your shop with my name on it.:p
Burlsource was pretty much sold out when I got there. Currently he has stock that is not on his store yet. I just purchased $400 of it. This is where the profit goes back to burlsource, materials, tools.

I have some stabilized box elder burl (black/red) that I just got in.
I made a note on the box elder burl (black/gold) for you <-- one of my favorites too

What would be the chance of getting something in one of those green woods, like the green quilted maple?
currently it all looks like it is sold. I am assuming you are talking about pieces like #FRS1F on Bad Dogs Burl Source - Fly Reel Seats
These pieces are also 1.25" wide which is only big enough for a Go-go. As I do not have this wood in stock I could email burlsource to see if he has any. If he does it would be a pre-order to make it. Would you like me to send him a email?

This is the first wood mod that has ever tempted me. It's probably a good thing they're not in stock.

Screenshot2012-04-11at51510AM.png
I have a XL3 and 8 inches box elder burl (brown) to make another one. 8 inches is also enough to make a matching cone and tip....not that I am trying to tempt you or anything :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread