Status
Not open for further replies.

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Sorry for double posting but I gotta rant - I can't get over this - I thought I was just getting a beautiful mod. I had no idea it would be such a comfortable mod...I mean, it's so lightweight, there's no shifting of the thumb to fire it. I equate this to...well, humor me...

When one smokes a cig, or even a pipe or cigar, once it's lit good it's lit. There's no lifting of the thumb to flick the lighter each time you hit it. I find the woodvil to be much closer to simulating the relaxation of a good pipe or cigar than a grand, because, my fingers are naturally there...give a little press to fire it but no shifting of my hand.

Guess I'm saying I think a woodvil replicates the act of smoking a little better, or at the very least more comfortably, than a metal REO. It's heaven. Heaven. Now I understand the craze even more. The woodvil is no longer just about beauty and uniqueness to me - it's about being the danged best, most functional mod I've ever owned :)

SO happy :) Thank you Rob!!!

That's definitely a good rant, and you are spot on. I love Woodvils, and especially these Woodvils.....I like the button, the looks, the feel, the size, everything. Love, love, love 'em.

Rob started out making Woodvils. He started making the metals partly because there was such a demand that there was no way he could keep up with it. He could mass produce the metals whereas each of these is an individual work of art. That fact kinda gets blurred when he puts up 400 at a time, but remember that each one of these is cut out, sanded, assembled, and oiled or poly coated by Rob. He's been working on this batch for months and months.

Last edited:

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
Sorry for double posting but I gotta rant - I can't get over this - I thought I was just getting a beautiful mod. I had no idea it would be such a comfortable mod...I mean, it's so lightweight, there's no shifting of the thumb to fire it. I equate this to...well, humor me...

When one smokes a cig, or even a pipe or cigar, once it's lit good it's lit. There's no lifting of the thumb to flick the lighter each time you hit it. I find the woodvil to be much closer to simulating the relaxation of a good pipe or cigar than a grand, because, my fingers are naturally there...give a little press to fire it but no shifting of my hand.

Guess I'm saying I think a woodvil replicates the act of smoking a little better, or at the very least more comfortably, than a metal REO. It's heaven. Heaven. Now I understand the craze even more. The woodvil is no longer just about beauty and uniqueness to me - it's about being the danged best, most functional mod I've ever owned :)

I couldn't agree more, sloth. Years ago, I was an avid pipe collector and smoker. I had many nice briars in my collection. I had ones I would take to work; and others that never left the house, for fear of either losing or breaking them. But there was nothing more relaxing than just sitting back with a nice briar. Not just smoking it, but feeling in in the hand, as well.
For me, these Woodvils replicate that sensation.

Splatnext

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2013
near the beach
There all so beautiful and I am happy that you all have yours.:)

Mine...I have no clue, shipping hasn't updated since Tuesday, so its somewhere between Maine and Florida.I'm used to getting mine a day later then the peeps that live from around Orlando and up in North Florida but nothing.
I'm starting to dread Priority Mail, ever since they changed there system Priority has become a nightmare taking a week and longer to get here. :( Just waiting for 8:00 o'clock so I can call the post office.

mommabird62

squonkhead
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
NC
Awww...splat. I hope she gets there today!

And I agree with sloth and the rest, they feel so good in the hand. The button takes very little effort. And the plunger doored one is so smooth and easy on the ol hand [emoji4] It earned a spot in my purse! I always have at least three mods in my purse. But no fear, I have a silk insert thingy and each mod has it own pocket in that insert being protected. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk with my paws :)

Mommabird62

BlueSnake

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2012
Columbia, SC
There all so beautiful and I am happy that you all have yours.:)

Mine...I have no clue, shipping hasn't updated since Tuesday, so its somewhere between Maine and Florida.I'm used to getting mine a day later then the peeps that live from around Orlando and up in North Florida but nothing.
I'm starting to dread Priority Mail, ever since they changed there system Priority has become a nightmare taking a week and longer to get here. :( Just waiting for 8:00 o'clock so I can call the post office.

There's no doubt about it the USPS is not as dependable as it once was. I even hate to call them because they just aren't helpful anymore. Hope you get it soon. I get really upset when something that I can hardly wait to get gets hung up in the USPS system. I have a friend in Augusta, Ga. I can send him things and he gets them in ONE day. He sends me something and it can be anywhere from 2 to 5 days. From Augusta they send it West to Atlanta before it comes to me. And then sometimes it sits in Atlanta 2 or 3 days before it continues on. Yes it can be very frustrating. :mad:

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
I wish 'man purses', or 'murses' were more popular for men. I'd like to be able to carry a couple Reos around, spare batteries, spare juice bottles, etc., without looking like a complete doofus. Here in Florida, we don't wear any more clothes than necessary, especially in the summer. My usual attire is board shorts and a t shirt. There aren't enough pockets. Once in a while, I carry an old camera bag for my stuff, but then I look like a damn tourist.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Interesting point. I take my basses anywhere, they get scratched, but they are just as beautiful as ever. Though this wenge feels so light in my hand...feels like it'd break, I believe you all on the durability. I don't think it'll leave my home - but if I get a second woodvil one day, that one probably will. It's more that I don't want it to get stolen when out and about, or lost...or rained on while hiking etc. Honestly though, less than 24 hours with my woodvil and, metal REOs seem subpar durability aside. The comfort, warmth and beauty of the wood = greatest mod of all time.

You have to follow your heart on going out and about with it. My first 5 Woodies have always gone out with me, just carried in a shirt pocket like the cigs-pipe/tobacco used to be. The two new will as well. Those 5 have survived it in the same pristine condition they started as, nobody could steal them unless they can over power me. Using them is what I've always done with fine woods, they are not just to look at and admire on a shelf. Old pards thought I was nuts when I went spot and stalk hunting in the Rockies with custom firearms wearing exhibition grade woods, including one of my favorites that had a $15K price tag. None of them ever got dropped or scratched up if I fell or when busting through brush/trees. I took the damage to protect the firearms. It's a bunch easier to protect a Reo Woodvil.

Like with the mechanics of smoking cigs/pipes, vaping Reos also rapidly became second nature with the mechanics of it done without thought automatically.

Your observations do fit the MO of sloths exactly though... don't move a muscle unless you have to. :);)

mommabird62

squonkhead
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
NC
How did you strip off the poly? With just sandpaper?

Or...you could send it to Rob to strip it off. With my messed up hands, I would be afraid to take on that big of a project on a woody. [emoji6]

Mommabird62

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
I wish 'man purses', or 'murses' were more popular for men. I'd like to be able to carry a couple Reos around, spare batteries, spare juice bottles, etc., without looking like a complete doofus. Here in Florida, we don't wear any more clothes than necessary, especially in the summer. My usual attire is board shorts and a t shirt. There aren't enough pockets. Once in a while, I carry an old camera bag for my stuff, but then I look like a damn tourist.

Cargo shorts my brother, cargo shorts :)

keepsmiling

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2014
Florida
Or...you could send it to Rob to strip it off. With my messed up hands, I would be afraid to take on that big of a project on a woody. [emoji6]

Mommabird62
I think I am going to do this. I would be too afraid to mess it up.

jifjifjif

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2011
Vape Canaveral, FL
6.jpg
I'm so glad I got a mini.

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
[HASHTAG]#238[/HASHTAG] reporting for duty
Brass Nuppin'... Check
Nicoticket PBC... Check
Big fat o-ring to keep the atty off the deck and avoid any possible scratches... Check
Maiden voyage... Check
Vape nirvana... Check
image.jpg

Does anyone else find themselves pressing on the top and wondering why it won't fire :facepalm:

Last edited:

Samasa

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 15, 2013
Huber Heights, Ohio
8c326b4a281f2c9bcda496d40bda5cd4.jpg
. This is my beauty, #36 cocobolo. This isn't the greatest photo, doesn't really show how gorgeous it is. And I agree with everyone, this woodville feels amazing in your hand. So much more comfortable to hold than a metal grand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ancient puffer

EX PV Collector
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2011
Virginia, USA
This is enough room for the spring to drop, right? Seems a bit more compacted than my Grand. View attachment 460239

Looks about the same as mine. I'll admit, it looks tight, but then, it only has to drop enough to break contact. Maybe .5 cm or something?

I'm thinking Robert took that into account when he made the 2015 woodvil's shorter than the 2014 ones.

mommabird62

squonkhead
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
NC
I think I am going to do this. I would be too afraid to mess it up.

I think that would be a wise choice KS. I know I would be afraid of messing it up [emoji6] LOL

Mommabird62

jifjifjif

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2011
Vape Canaveral, FL
Looks about the same as mine. I'll admit, it looks tight, but then, it only has to drop enough to break contact. Maybe .5 cm or something?

I'm thinking Robert took that into account when he made the 2015 woodvil's shorter than the 2014 ones.
I agree. There's no way that our Rob would build something that didn't have the protection built in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread