Status
Not open for further replies.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Sorry I am not sure how to make a proper poll so this will have to do.

With more people switching to vaping, less people over time wouldn't, be smoking. There would be a good chance that cigarettes may go down in price then? If they do would you be tempted to smoke and quit vaping?

Flawed thinking: If you think the cash cow of tax revenue from tobacco products will ever be going down you got another thing coming.

Anjaffm

Dragon Lady
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
Germany
Sorry I am not sure how to make a proper poll so this will have to do.

With more people switching to vaping, less people over time wouldn't, be smoking. There would be a good chance that cigarettes may go down in price then? If they do would you be tempted to smoke and quit vaping?

no
I like vaping much better

Davey59

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Monroe WA
The actual price of cigs are really not expensive at all. It's all of the taxes each individual state applies to the cigs that make them so expensive.

Yup, that was the clincher to get me actually WANTING to stop buying them.

I sort of quit by accident, tried a modern vape setup and was very impressed compared to the old Joyetech 510 eCig I used last time around. Other than convenience vaping is way way better.
I may smoke a cigarette or take a drag again at some point but I will never ever start smoking again. I am sick and tired of those ungrateful greedy lying politicians lining their pockets with my cigarette tax money and then ridiculing me for smoking.

Reactions: AndriaD

ronchinoy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2014
Bangalore / India
To answer your poll no. I will not go back to smoking. No matter what the price.

But the real question should have been

Q: Will you continue to Vape if they outlawed it. And prices went thru the roof. What if vaping landed up costing 10 times more than it does today. What if it is outlawed. Would you then still vape ?.

Davey59

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Monroe WA
To answer your poll no. I will not go back to smoking. No matter what the price.

But the real question should have been

Q: Will you continue to Vape if they outlawed it. And prices went thru the roof. What if vaping landed up costing 10 times more than it does today. What if it is outlawed. Would you then still vape ?.

If it was outlawed I would still do it but would certainly be very discrete. If it cost went up ten times I would do it three times less :)

Ms82082

Verified Member
Let's all just Hope that there is Something to DIY with in the Future.
Nicotine would be the only issue. There will always be VG and flavor. My nic level is so low I could almost go without limitation :) I am sure all the regulations being pushed are heavily backed by big tobacco so we can only buy there products. I worked on the tobacco industry for many years and we're shut down by big tobacco paying lobbyists to over regulate cause they were losing money to the little guys.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Nicotine would be the only issue. There will always be VG and flavor. My nic level is so low I could almost go without limitation :) I am sure all the regulations being pushed are heavily backed by big tobacco so we can only buy there products. I worked on the tobacco industry for many years and we're shut down by big tobacco paying lobbyists to over regulate cause they were losing money to the little guys.

There is an Old Say'n that "If you break Any link in a 10 foot chain, you No Longer have a 10 Foot Long Chain."

Nicotine is the that Link.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Did prohibition stop anyone from drinking? Did the war on (some) drugs stop anyone from using them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread