Status
Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Sorry I am not sure how to make a proper poll so this will have to do.

With more people switching to vaping, less people over time wouldn't, be smoking. There would be a good chance that cigarettes may go down in price then? If they do would you be tempted to smoke and quit vaping?

I don't care if Cigarettes were Free. I'm not going back to Smoking.

Cigarettes were Slowly Killing Me. Why would I go Back?

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I'm done with smoking and haven't had one for over two years. Before that, when I started vaping 4 years ago I dropped from 2 PAD down to about 6 cigarettes a day for two years before quitting altogether. I'll never go back to smoking at any price. If vaping were outlawed, I'd make my own juice and continue on. If the hardware wasn't available I'd have to quit or fabricate my own, but smoking will never again be a part of my life.

It's funny, yesterday I was at a beach water park and had to leave my mod in a locker for the day. I vaped when it was over but had no withdrawal other than a couple of times when I thought, "It would be nice to vape about now". Even then, I never considered going back to the locker and getting it out ( only about a hundred feet away). I had no nic fits whatsoever. I could quit vaping if it was necessary. I do it for enjoyment, not to support an addiction.

With more people switching to vaping, less people over time wouldn't, be smoking. There would be a good chance that cigarettes may go down in price then? If they do would you be tempted to smoke and quit vaping?

Um.... No.

1. My father passed away in 2006 of heart failure and Aplastic Anemia. His bone marrow was empty... not producing blood cells.
2. My niece passed away in 2005 of Acute Myeloid Leukemia. She had just turned 21. Her bone marrow was producing defective blood cells.
3. My sister passed away this year (3/1/2014) of Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer which had spread to 4 tumors in her brain.

Benzene exposure can alter chromosome locations/segments and DNA. It can also cause Aplastic Anemia and Leukemia. The translocations on chromosomes is what can make leukemia like AML so difficult, if not impossible, to treat. The exposure my father had after smoking ALL of his life, minus maybe the first 10-15 years, affected him on a cellular level. This was passed down to my siblings and then to our children. 4 out of the 5 of us kids smokes/smoked. Our kids smoke.

Luckily my sister had started vaping 8 months before we found out about the lung cancer. If she hadn't, we wouldn't have had those 8 months or even the three we did have after she was diagnosed. :2c:

Last edited:

TamiP

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2012
Illinois
thevapevine.blogspot.com
Sorry I am not sure how to make a proper poll so this will have to do.

NOPE

To be perfectly honest, when I started vaping it WAS to escape the high price of cigarettes.... that isn't the case anymore. Certainly I do like the lower cost involved overall, but I'm more happy with the overall health benefits. I know a lot of people are afraid to tout vaping as healthy in the current political environment, and I certainly can't say they are healthy with any more assurance officially--but my body can tell me how much healthier it feels, and for me, that's quite enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread