Do you vape around your kids?

Do you vape around your kids?

• Yes. I have no problem vaping around my kids.

• Yes. But I'm concerned about their health / letting them see me vape.

• Sometimes: I try to limit how much I vape around my kids.

• Rarely: I actively try to avoid vaping around my kids.

• Never: If my kids are around, I'm either outside, or not vaping.

• Don't know.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyDB

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2014
We never let our kids see us smoking.

Now that we vape, we generally keep that same stance, however we may be physically nearer to the kids.

I have shown the kids the items and warned them that it is 'dangerous' just like the chemicals they may see me use from within certain cabinets etc. I have done this on various occasions as they have reached an age where there is little (realistically) that could be done to assure a determined child couldn't gain access to something vaping related without making it incredible difficult for us as well.

WARNING: Don't buy your children toy screwdrivers that actually work... unless you want to find out that they managed to take something apart with it besides the intended toy. LOL. Which is to say that the little sponges can/will mimic everything you do and surprise you when they use what they have learned for their own benefit, or yours.

I/We just believe it's important not to expose the kids to vaping so much that they think it's the standard norm that others do as well, while making sure they understand it's OK for grown adults at the same time. I have concern for their health as well, so we aren't sitting next to them vaping. I grew up in a smoking household. My entire childhood life was spent around cigarettes being used. I didn't start until I was nearly old enough and simply because I thought they would calm me down during a very high stress situation, and wouldn't you know... even though that first night I said they didn't help with the stress, they were still enjoyable... and so it began. I never tried them until that night as I just had no interest, they were about as interesting to me as a brick. No doubt though, had I been raised to think only 'bad people' smoked... I would have probably tried them much much sooner during that 'rebellious' stage.

fogging_katrider

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 31, 2013
Tennessee USA
I agree with those here who feel that its better to not influence the impressionable youngsters and wouldnt vape in front of little toddlers. And, of course, I dont vape around peoples babies, mostly out of respect for the overly protective parential nature around their precious offspring...heh heh

However, my children with the exception of one fourteen year old, are all grown ups, out of the house, married etc. I have no problem vaping in the same room or car as the teenager btw.

As far as any actual health concerns, I really dont feel there's anything wrong with slight traces of nicotine in the air if thats even possible from vaping. In fact, vaping may even be healthy and beneficial for the indoor air in our homes and work places...
Propylene glycol in e cigarettes might keep us healthy, says researchers

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread