Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Everyone to their own choice.

When I smoked I never felt the urge to move to cigars for even more smoke. When I started vaping I looked for something that recreated the feeling of smoking a cigarette.

I've never looked back, although I've purchased most every popular MTL tank that hits the market. I just keep coming back to the Kayfun. I really do wish that there was something else that held my interest and delivered more flavor, didn't leak in a pocket, and was easy to fill and build.

Vesh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2017

When I smoked I never felt the urge to move to cigars for even more smoke. When I started vaping I looked for something that recreated the feeling of smoking a cigarette.

I've never looked back, although I've purchased most every popular MTL tank that hits the market. I just keep coming back to the Kayfun. I really do wish that there was something else that held my interest and delivered more flavor, didn't leak in a pocket, and was easy to fill and build.

what about the joyetech CLR cotton heads which you can rebuild time and time again? Would that be interesting to you? I just ordered a pack from fasttech for 10 aussie bucks including ship, for the first time ever to try them, after reading recommendations from another topic here. I might finally get some good MTL use out of my racing yellow mega ego one tank. I was using it for TI temp vaping (the 0.4 ohm), but the last one of those coils died now. I will say that the temp control with those coils worked flawlessly even with high vg juice and those tiny wick holes, but there was no TH at all even with 12mg, so hopefully i'll get some good MTL action out of it now. With 4ml of capacity, would be a great tank to go out with if the clr coils do the job (unlike the horrible CL, imo).

So i presume you are making builds like Pete Busardo does for Kayfun MTL?

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
not that I mind but ya gotta explain that to me, please.. just so i can understand why something with drop in coils and a tank, would go into RDA section rather than the tank section.. It will help me know better where to put future similar topics.. cheers
but it IS in the tank (RTA) section not the RDA (dripper) subforum..

....and now its back where it belongs!!! lol!

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl

Are you referring to the kfl? Still have about 6 of them but don't use them anymore just because I moved to a slightly bigger AF, not much bigger, just a tad. One of the tanks I got kind of fits what your asking, but in terms of flavor I don't really think there is anything that has a major increase in flavor to the kfl. The different rta's that I got, that are similar to the kfl imo do have slightly better flavor, but not something that your going to say "man this is so much better". Anyways there is the byka v6, which has this really easy top fill, slightly better flavor then the kfl, never ever ever leaks, and is a definite mtl tank that is also adjustable and also an incredible juice control

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Are you referring to the kfl? Still have about 6 of them but don't use them anymore just because I moved to a slightly bigger AF, not much bigger, just a tad. One of the tanks I got kind of fits what your asking, but in terms of flavor I don't really think there is anything that has a major increase in flavor to the kfl. The different rta's that I got, that are similar to the kfl imo do have slightly better flavor, but not something that your going to say "man this is so much better". Anyways there is the byka v6, which has this really easy top fill, slightly better flavor then the kfl, never ever ever leaks, and is a definite mtl tank that is also adjustable and also an incredible juice control

I'll have to look at the Byka V6. Right now, it looks to be a Fasttech item. I didn't see and american vendors in my Google search.

The Squape Reloaded tops Kayfun, IMO, but I'm so used to Kayfun that I buy RTA's here and there and still fall back to Kayfun Lite Plus V2, despite having multiples of other RTAs. I have 3 each of KF2, KF3, KF4, and one KF5.

I switch back and forth sometimes, but KF2 is just easy and good. It carries well in my pants pocket, produces good vapor and flavor, and doesn't leak as long as the o-rings are in good shape. I've picked up KF2 clones on closeout for as low as $4.95 + shipping.

ETA: I've been looking online for a KF Mini V3 clone and the few that are showing up in Google searches are either out of stock stateside or the vendor is in China. Maybe once the Chinese New Year is over I can find one to buy.

In Busardo's video the Mini KF V3 looks like a cut down V5. That's probably a good thing.

Last edited:

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
I'll have to look at the Byka V6. Right now, it looks to be a Fasttech item. I didn't see and american vendors in my Google search.

The Squape Reloaded tops Kayfun, IMO, but I'm so used to Kayfun that I buy RTA's here and there and still fall back to Kayfun Lite Plus V2, despite having multiples of other RTAs. I have 3 each of KF2, KF3, KF4, and one KF5.

I switch back and forth sometimes, but KF2 is just easy and good. It carries well in my pants pocket, produces good vapor and flavor, and doesn't leak as long as the o-rings are in good shape. I've picked up KF2 clones on closeout for as low as $4.95 + shipping.

ETA: I've been looking online for a KF Mini V3 clone and the few that are showing up in Google searches are either out of stock stateside or the vendor is in China. Maybe once the Chinese New Year is over I can find one to buy.

In Busardo's video the Mini KF V3 looks like a cut down V5. That's probably a good thing.
Not sure on the byka clone as I bought mine from the authentic manufacturer thru their Facebook page. Love the kayfun mini v3, its a really good tank but there again authentic, so no info on the clones exempt try not to get one from 3f vapes as my wife had major headaches with theirs.

Vesh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2017
the tfv4 micro is better, which took ages but I finally got it.

The 1.2 is the sweet spot on that. Still using my mini brit but i'm filling it up every day, i've put the 5ml adapter on the tfv4

Also just wanted to say, i found out the reason the brit mini is 2ml only, is it complies with the new euro standards of being 2ml max and absolutely leakproof (which is why it is a press fit style with only top airflow - exactly like naut x but unlike naut x, no dry hits at all and higher watts).

So that one can definitely be put in a pocket. When you refill the micro tfv4 you have to have the bottom airflow closed or it might leak a bit.
For the micro, it's quad airflow so you really just have to have a pinhead even with the MTL coil.. this tank is a true dual purpose dream really, would also satisfy those lung hitters.

Last edited:
Reactions: drysprocket

NatureBoy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2010
Peterborough, ON, Canada
Just got mine.

Works great! Looks great too.. nice and small, holds enough juice for me.

I put the 0.6ohm coil in. The draw isn't quite as tight as I would like, but it produces really nice flavour and lots of cloud (for me, I'm not much of a cloud chaser).

Anyway, thanks OP for the recommendation. :)

Vesh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2017
Just got mine.

Works great! Looks great too.. nice and small, holds enough juice for me.

I put the 0.6ohm coil in. The draw isn't quite as tight as I would like, but it produces really nice flavour and lots of cloud (for me, I'm not much of a cloud chaser).

Anyway, thanks OP for the recommendation. :)
try the higher ohm coil for tighter draw.. i'm able to get the draw very tight here with the 1.6 and pin head airflow though... it's an intense amount of vapour for a MTL though isn't it

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
It seems like his tank never really had a chance. It was discontinued before it started. I can't find any info on it anymore. The smok page doesn't work. Fast tech show sit as discontinued. I am itching to try a smok tank that can d proper mtl which brought me to your thread but it seems like they just gave up on it. Are you still able to find coils?

The micro tfv4 is a sub ohm tank with sub ohm air,cow and for anyone who says "just close it down" that's not a good answer for real mtl vaping. It leads to either anemic vape or too hot to vape. So the tfv4 mini/micro is out for me after everyone said the airflow is big. That leaves the Brit mini. Which doesn't seem t be around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread