Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2010
Pennsylvania
I don't have the time to do a mini-review today, but should be able to tomorrow. So far, I am very, very happy...here are some pics compared to an SXMini (S-Class), and in-hand, I think I have a pretty average size hand. tank is a SubTank mini with clear bell cap. Full write-up tomorrow.

Comparison.JPG

Comparison2Dark.JPG

InHand.JPG

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Yesterday I found out that blue Xvosticks will no longer be produced.
So you are owner of rare "Blue Limited Edition" mod. :)
Congrats!

Very cool (for those who snagged one)!

Do you know why he's stopping, volm? I'm just curious.

Reactions: Katdarling

Jonner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2010
Pennsylvania
Here goes nothing, mini mini-review:

Fit & Finish:
The build quality is superb, not a nick, scratch, or anything of that sort. The threads on the battery cap are buttery smooth, like a baby's bottom. The circular machine marks on the battery cap are present, but only if you look carefully, they do not bother me at all. I did notice the slight variation of the blue color, you can only see it in the right light and at the right angle, and even then it is barely noticeable. The screen (on the bottom) does have a thin rigid, plexi-glass like cover on it for protection, much like any other mod. Overall, very well-built, feels good in the hand, and feels solid.

Button-Placement:
I thought this would be the real negative with this mod. However, it is very easy to get used to, doesn't bother me at all. The adjustment buttons are fairly close to the fire button, but I have had no accidental adjustments or even touched them when firing.

Button:
Not soft like a Provari, but not very clicky either. Slightly clicky, short throw, very nice.

Size:
Fits in my average size hand perfectly. Great pocket mod.

Notes:
Positive side down when inserting the battery, Subtank Mini fits perfectly, I do not notice any restriction in airflow.

I would buy another of these in a heartbeat, really great mod, have not experienced any negatives so far whatsoever. And now it's rare!

If you have any questions, ask away, and I will do my best to answer them.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
This is a re-post from the High-End reg mods thread. So some of you will have already read it. You'll also know that Kat posted the video, which I will ask her to do here also.

<BEGIN VERBATIM FROM OTHER THREAD>

I'm not sure that most vapers know a whole lot about nickel right now either. In fact, there is a very interesting video going around, made by a guy named Ron, from Independence Vapors (in PA), that raises a lot questions.

I'm not a TC guy but if I was, I'd be doing a bit research on that right now. The very little that I did do told me that there's at least something to much of what Ron presents, so it's might be worth some time investigating further.

If anyone knows the video I'm referring to, please feel free to post it here, since the Xvo is a TC device. Again, I'm not educated enough to comment with any level of validity. But I have invited many who are (educated enough) to comment, via a FB post from early this morning. 12 hours later, not one of them has commented yet.

Another reason why I'm getting a bit concerned. For me, at least right now, nickel ain't happenin'. Subject to change with any conclusive evidence, of course.

<END VERBATIM PASTE>

Kat, if you would be so kind as to share that vid once more here.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Yesterday I found out that blue Xvosticks will no longer be produced.
So you are owner of rare "Blue Limited Edition" mod. :)
Congrats!

The Blue Limited is really wonderful and echoing congrats to those who did order one. The anodizing process is a tricky little thing!

Here goes nothing, mini mini-review:

Fit & Finish:
The build quality is superb, not a nick, scratch, or anything of that sort. The threads on the battery cap are buttery smooth, like a baby's bottom. The circular machine marks on the battery cap are present, but only if you look carefully, they do not bother me at all. I did notice the slight variation of the blue color, you can only see it in the right light and at the right angle, and even then it is barely noticeable. The screen (on the bottom) does have a thin rigid, plexi-glass like cover on it for protection, much like any other mod. Overall, very well-built, feels good in the hand, and feels solid.

Button-Placement:
I thought this would be the real negative with this mod. However, it is very easy to get used to, doesn't bother me at all. The adjustment buttons are fairly close to the fire button, but I have had no accidental adjustments or even touched them when firing.

Button:
Not soft like a Provari, but not very clicky either. Slightly clicky, short throw, very nice.

Size:
Fits in my average size hand perfectly. Great pocket mod.

Notes:
Positive side down when inserting the battery, Subtank Mini fits perfectly, I do not notice any restriction in airflow.

I would buy another of these in a heartbeat, really great mod, have not experienced any negatives so far whatsoever. And now it's rare!

If you have any questions, ask away, and I will do my best to answer them.

Jonner, what a great review. Thank you so much. I don't have questions now, but certainly may when we get the Chhvo...... ummmm..... HOV.... ummmm...... when we get the little Stick in our hands!!!

Reactions: DPLongo22

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
And if its the same vid I saw getting an absolute bollocking on FBook, then let me just LOL right now. :D

vaka, it seems Ti wire is "ok". I think. An expert on metallurgy I am not.

I don't know what you saw on FB. I actually posted it on my own page, but so far with very little in the way of comments. We'll see. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread