XvoStick users?

Status
Not open for further replies.

drugarth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2015
Netherlands, groningen
It's funny, Dru, but that's one of the things that I didn't speak much about with the Moonraker, but it's also one of the most extraordinary aspects of the mod. The superb design of the elevator allows you to lock in almost any tank (within diameter, of course) to whatever height is preferred. So while it's slightly larger than the Xvo, this element is at least a partial offset to that.

You can see the differences here, using the Digiflavor Siren (which is a PHENOMENAL rta!) in both.

Again - worth the price for an issue that small? That's not for me to decide. My point is just that it's part of the workmanship that I both notice and appreciate.

It's the one of the main reasons why I'm constantly eyeing the moonraker....the lift thingee is brilliant! but but it's soooo expensive :) and always out of stock somehow.......but I guess one of these days I'll cave and it will be mine :) but not this already waaaaay to expensive christmas season LOL

@Katdarling I'm looking up the tank you mentioned as we speak, but somehow the google search thingee thinks I want to buy a car :)

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I got fortunate, Dru, or else I'd not have gotten it either. There's a Facebook group where I've seen some decent sales. We can talk if you ever wish...

Regarding the Egg-Rolls, it took me some searching but I finally found them. I kept trying to find Joytech (I should have been using "Joye").

Joye eGo ONE V2 Mega Tank - Stainless Steel

It comes in black too. I kept clicking on Kat's pic but it didn't do anything. ;-)

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
It's the one of the main reasons why I'm constantly eyeing the moonraker....the lift thingee is brilliant! but but it's soooo expensive :) and always out of stock somehow.......but I guess one of these days I'll cave and it will be mine :) but not this already waaaaay to expensive christmas season LOL

@Katdarling I'm looking up the tank you mentioned as we speak, but somehow the google search thingee thinks I want to buy a car :)

Welp, dahlink, if you can get a car for $26 (and free shipping).... I say, GO FOR IT! :D

Yes, that is the correct one (the V1.5). It really is a sweet little tank. I have no idea if it's even worth mentioning, but the tank is not glass. It's acylic PMMA. FT has a coupon code (MAP) which gives you a few dollarinos off.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Welp, dahlink, if you can get a car for $26 (and free shipping).... I say, GO FOR IT! :D

Yes, that is the correct one (the V1.5). It really is a sweet little tank. I have no idea if it's even worth mentioning, but the tank is not glass. It's acylic PMMA. FT has a coupon code (MAP) which gives you a few dollarinos off.

Thanks, Kat.

And 15% off Egg-Rolls too (code SUPER15). I know, I know - it's like a buck-and-a-half... :blink:

Jim-

GCS E (1) + V (1) + M (1) = 3
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2013
Los Angeles County, Ca. USA
I got fortunate, Dru, or else I'd not have gotten it either. There's a Facebook group where I've seen some decent sales. We can talk if you ever wish...

Regarding the Egg-Rolls, it took me some searching but I finally found them. I kept trying to find Joytech (I should have been using "Joye").

Joye eGo ONE V2 Mega Tank - Stainless Steel

It comes in black too. I kept clicking on Kat's pic but it didn't do anything. ;-)

Just curious, how tight can you get the draw on this tank? For instance, compare it to the draw on a Kayfun Lite+. Anywhere in the ball park?

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Just curious, how tight can you get the draw on this tank? For instance, compare it to the draw on a Kayfun Lite+. Anywhere in the ball park?

Hey Jim. At its absolute tightest setting I find it to be too tight (tighter than the KFL2+, which I still use and enjoy). I have mine set about 20% from lowest, which is only slightly airier (for me) than the aforementioned KF. Some might say it's the same, actually.

You know the old saving, "Taste is subterranean."

Did I mess that up? :facepalm: ;)

Jim-

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2013
You know the old saving, "Taste is subterranean."

Did I mess that up? :facepalm: ;)

I've been told I have the taste of a troglodyte so it sounds good to me. :) Is there a rebuildable coil for the tank by chance?

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I've been told I have the taste of a troglodyte so it sounds good to me. :) Is there a rebuildable coil for the tank by chance?

Be careful you don't let those troglodytes get too high. They should test them with your cholesterol. :unsure:

Technically, the answer is "no", but the CLR coils are (a) ridiculously easy to re-wick, and (b) supposedly pretty easy to re-coil too (lots of vids out there). I can personally attest to the former, but not the latter (yet).

Jim-

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2013
Be careful you don't let those troglodytes get too high. They should test them with your cholesterol. :unsure:

Technically, the answer is "no", but the CLR coils are (a) ridiculously easy to re-wick, and (b) supposedly pretty easy to re-coil too (lots of vids out there). I can personally attest to the former, but not the latter (yet).

Coolio. Mayhaps I'll give it a test drive and see how I like it. Thanks for the info. :)

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Coolio. Mayhaps I'll give it a test drive and see how I like it. Thanks for the info. :)

My pleasure, Jim. For what it may be worth, the paint jobs (while quite fun) are pretty bad. For longevity, stick with the SS version. That's even if you care (which I only marginally do).

Some people are funny about stuff like that though, and I didn't want you to be caught off guard.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia

You can set it to zero air flow if that's your thang, Dashman. ;)

I will chime in with my opinion. These have become an absolute favorite tank these days. SO easy, in every respect, and not a drip drop leak in site.

The rewicking is almost TOO easy, and the rebuild is pretty basic stuff. (And about as FAR away as the VVWTF thing as one could get...)

Lovin' the Egg Rolls and I can not lie.

OOOOOOOOO! And talk about perfection in an XVO!!!!

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
And talk about perfection in an XVO!!!!

I can't believe I forgot about that one significant bonus (thanks, Kat). Hand in hand they surely do go.

And because they very rarely even weep, the "frequent" cleanings have become infrequent.

IMG_20161126_180437 (Medium).jpg

drugarth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2015
Netherlands, groningen
OK, for those who where wondering:
The OBS engine mini fits on the Xvo and Ystick:

It seems ideal, as it has the airflow on the top, so you can adjust the AFC whilst it is in the side-by-side, and it does not leak from the bottom, so no more cleaning the atty space. Big wins!

But unfortunatly there is one drawback: it is very tight, so pretty hard to get the topfill open when it is in the mod. It is do-able, but not easy.
Also the black one screws in the mod just so that the fill opening is on the wrong side :-(
So best is to give it a few turns so it lifts a bit and the fill hole is in the front, and then fill it.....such a shame....it was almost the ideal side-by-side atty.

I also tried it in the Knight V2, and there the fill hole sits nice at the front, but still pretty tight. Maybe over time the fill cap get's a bit looser and it will be easier.

In the mean time I'm going to try some of these:
$3.52 Replacement POM Heat Insulation Gasket for Atomizers (5-Pack) 5-pack at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

To see if I can lift it a bit and if it will make a difference in the orientation of the fill hole.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread