Yet another explosion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ed_C

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Seligman, MO
I don't see why some people dislike the term darwin awards.
It's not like we live among predators anymore,natural selection must still do it's thing.
Others dive in Yellowstone for an acid bath,others do headshot selfies, some cut the branch they are sitting on and some carry charged batteries in the same pocket with coins and keys.
It's not like he didn't know how batteries work,he charges them everyday.

I'm not a fan of the Darwin awards. That being said, it's about common sense blunders and I really don't think battery safety falls into the same category as cutting off the branch that you're sitting on.

As far as humans and natural selection is concerned, watch Idiocracy. Scariest movie ever made.

Psofos

ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Greece
Will give the movie a try,thanks.
My point was that it was not a random guy who found two batteries on the ground and misused them without knowing about them.
He had a 3x18650 mod,3 spares in his pockets,a charger obviously at home and knew how they work.
I bet he got the safest 20A.
Just like the chainsaw operator knows how the chainsaw works yet 1/10000 operators(or whatever) cuts the branch he sits on.
Anyway that's just how i see things.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
I'm not a fan of the Darwin awards. That being said, it's about common sense blunders and I really don't think battery safety falls into the same category as cutting off the branch that you're sitting on.

As far as humans and natural selection is concerned, watch Idiocracy. Scariest movie ever made.

Maybe not cutting the branch..
But definitely the selfie accidents fall into the same category of dangerously careless action.

Camacho 2020!

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
it's about common sense blunders and I really don't think battery safety falls into the same category as cutting off the branch that you're sitting on.

Then we haven't traveled in the same circles.

So... what about getting drunk and kicking in a glass door?

Cause I know a guy...

Whom I've witnessed carrying loose batteries in his pocket...

That did just that.

It turned out almost as bad as imaginable.

He just missed the main artery.

Tapatyped

Reactions: Bad Ninja

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
I don't see why some people dislike the term darwin awards.
It's not like we live among predators anymore,natural selection must still do it's thing.
Others dive in Yellowstone for an acid bath,others do headshot selfies, some cut the branch they are sitting on and some carry charged batteries in the same pocket with coins and keys.
It's not like he didn't know how batteries work,he charges them everyday.
That would not be a proper, scientific use of the term "natural selection" though.

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
That would not be a proper, scientific use of the term "natural selection" though.

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk
Then the term "nature" has no value either.

We've raped that to the point it's unrecognizable.

At some point our involvement on this planet has to be considered a natural, expected occurrence from a species of our intelligence and capabilities.

At some point all there will be left will be our wake.

Tapatyped

Reactions: Bad Ninja

Ed_C

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Seligman, MO
it's easy... we're a parasite
And parasites are a part of nature. It's not that we aren't part of nature, it's just that some of us think that we aren't. Other species can be destructive, it's just that they don't have our range.

Last edited:

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
have you seen the length of this thread?
I wrote half of it. :cry:
i'm ready for a new pyrotechnic e-cig video.
I have the spare batteries and the means. Just don't have the time.

Edited to add: I even have poppers so I can simulate explosions when Lithium Polymer cells vent.

Tapatyped

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I wrote half of it. :cry:

I have the spare batteries and the means. Just don't have the time.

Edited to add: I even have poppers so I can simulate explosions when Lithium Polymer cells vent.

Tapatyped

Be sure to use good HD cameras from 2 views. It was the high quality of that video that made the explosion look so cool. And the high quality let us see all those batteries and coins scattered around to explain the action. It was like having a high quality shot of a Yeti.

mongo74

I'm your huckleberry.
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Ωhmsville
Here we go again. :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

http://medicalxpress.com/news/2016-12-huff-puff-e-cigarette-injuries.html

This made my blood boil:

"They are extremely dangerous and need to be revamped or revised," said Marc Freund, a New York attorney who represents both Williams and a 14-year-old boy who was partially blinded when an e-cigarette device exploded at a kiosk selling e-cigarettes at a Brooklyn mall.

Last week, the U.S. surgeon general called e-cigarettes an emerging public health threat to the nation's youth, although he highlighted the risk of nicotine addiction, not explosions.

New York Sen. Charles Schumer said the FDA should consider a recall.

"It's bad enough that e-cigarettes cause nicotine addiction and may be dangerous to a person's health, but now it seems they're doubling as a ticking time bomb," he said.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville

This made my blood boil:

"They are extremely dangerous and need to be revamped or revised," said Marc Freund, a New York attorney who represents both Williams and a 14-year-old boy who was partially blinded when an e-cigarette device exploded at a kiosk selling e-cigarettes at a Brooklyn mall.

Last week, the U.S. surgeon general called e-cigarettes an emerging public health threat to the nation's youth, although he highlighted the risk of nicotine addiction, not explosions.

"It's bad enough that e-cigarettes cause nicotine addiction and may be dangerous to a person's health, but now it seems they're doubling as a ticking time bomb," he said.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
I don't let myself get riled up by this stuff anymore. Fact is, e-cigs have gone thermal runaway and even blown up, and fact is people have been hurt. Let the lawers and courts figure it all out, then the legislators can do what they do best and legislate rules and laws into existance to try and keep the dumbest of the dumbest amongst us from being able to come into harms way from their inept actions. This is the society that we exist amongst...

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country

This made my blood boil:

Never trust a lawyer.

Marc Freund is a New York Lawyer just spewing garbage to further his own agenda. Get paid and make a name for yourself as it can lead to a career in politics.

Chuck Schumer is a Harvard Educated.....lawyer...who is now a career politician...still pushing his "clients" agenda.

See a pattern?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread