RDA Your favorite rda

Status
Not open for further replies.

race44287

Jan 29, 2013
USA
Hello all! About a month ago I took the plunge and bought a patriot atty. My first rda and I now like and prefer it over my other equipment. Well I'm looking for a few more rda's so I don't have to rewick to change flavors.

My problem is there are just tons of them on the market. Clones and authentics the like. Some unique others appear the same as other models. From what I can tell the majority are made in the orient. Nothing wrong with that to me as long as the quality is there in materials and workmanship. There are also the subtle differences not noticeable by the naked eye or just from descriptions and photos on the websites selling them. So I thought I'd ask the community what is your favorite rda's and why?

For those who are curious my vaping preference is for flavor followed by vapor production. I like good clean flavor but I'm not after in my face flavor either. I also don't consider myself a cloud chaser but I don't mind more vapor. I'm currently using Istick 20w and 30w I also have a full mech mod on the way for the juices I can handle at full power. Some juices are too harsh for me too high. Some are harsh down to low.

Thanks all!

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
rat.gif
Everyone that has ever spoke to me, virtually or in real life, knows that I love my reos with the rm2's. I know there are other fantastic options and I look at other things, but I am just so happy with these, that I can't imagine vaping getting any better.

alicewonderland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2012
my favorite personally is the S.O.D 5k clone. Not sure by which company as it was just some generic $10 non-logo clone. No fuss airflow its just two holes that angle down to the coils, and a nice deck with two screws and a center nut. Flavor and vapor is good depending what build you put in there, and i love the tighter airdraw and still getting vapor. It's so good in fact im saving up to buy the original SOD5k/SOD Shift mech mod the second I save up enough money.

whosrandy

ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2013
CLT v2+ (I own FT Magma, FT Veritas, Mutation X v1, Holmes v1 Cigreen, Orchid v4, Kayfun 3.1)

Why? It's got the best features of many high end mods built into one, it's solid and it's affordable ($29.99 authentic).

Super easy to build - 4 post center block design, raised way off the deck to allow for crazy airflow.

Oh did I mention airflow? I am a flavor chaser and this sucker has two directional airflow. 2 Small negative post holes that come underneath the coil and 2 cyclops airflow holes that hit the side of the coil.

The cyclops intake can be closed down to 1 or 2 tiny holes per side (2 is my magic number).

Even though there are holes everywhere, the juice well is pretty deep and it takes some serious overdripping for it to overflow.

Another great feature is the built-in drip tip. Yes. You can't change it. But that's awesome when the best drip tip you own... is built-in to your favorite atty! It's super wide bore and stuck in the top cap so less pieces to fall off or rattle.

Oh and it looks awesome.

CLT V2 HOLDIN IT DOWN!

whosrandy

ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2013
PS: Magma is overrated and way too restrictive. Oh and it leaks like a faucet, even when built and wicked ideseally. It's a dign flaw. Due to air restrictions, you can only build it so low. Yes, the flavor is very good. You could say it's the 'best' flavor but the vape experience leaves something to be desired for sure. I like a dense, voluminous flavorful warm vape.

The Veritas was my cup of tea but the FT clones screws are not stainless and started to rust. I'm looking into buying replacements soon.

rrayda

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2010
the icy northlands
Vicious Ant Cyclone AFC. Small deck and chamber, highly adjustable airflow, awesome flavor. This one's an easy build and works well with single or dual coils. Did I mention flavor? It's a small diameter atty, though, if you're into the seamless appearance on 22mm mods, this is not your atty. Looks really good on box mods or a ProVari.

Also, the Magma is amazing if you're into mouth-to-lung hits, not so much for lung hits. Airflow is the problem on this one, but if you build for it (I build using a single 1.8 Ohm micro on a 5/16" mandrel with rayon and vape around 15W) it's without peer. I only use it with single coils, so I've plugged the "extra" deck airflow hole with a chunk of o-ring and I don't get any leaks.

Portertown

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2013
Greenville, NC, USA
The OverOne rda by MMVapors (builder of the Poldiac) is by far the best dripper I have seen or used.
It has very clean lines and looks good on any mod. The juice well is 8mm deep and holds a ton of juice. The air flow adjustment is different than any other on the market. The air flow slot does not get shorter as you adjust the air flow down, it only decreases in height. This allows your full coil and the wick entering the coil to always be in the air flow. When the air flow adjustment is fully closed you can lay the OverOne on it's side and it will NOT leak at all.
With the air flow adjustment fully open it has massive air flow.
The flavor produced is also great.

OverOne • MMVapors

MMVapors offers very fast shipping and I normally get my shipments from them in 2 to 3 days.
They also carry a full line of spare parts if any are ever needed.

rogergendron1

ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
woburn ma
I am loving the little boy right now.

You dont hear a lot about the little boy from masterpiece custom vapes ... but man ohhh man its a cloud chucker ! But for a cloud chucker it has better flavor than any build on my zenith double cross did and it holds 2x more juice at least. I mean i put 20 drops in the thing to fill it.

It is def a ckoud chucker though not a flavor chaser and i actually had to go from dual coil to single because my wife was getting all uppity about the huge clouds blocking the tv and filling the living room lol lol lol i am actually not allowed to run double coil with a cuff cap in my own house !!! Well even with a single coil at .5 ohms with a glass drip tip i still get massive vapor and great flavor ... i also still get the evil eye from her if i take too big a puff .... roflao ...

edwinoey

ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2014
Anywhere
MAGMA for FLAVOR!! im not kidding! im doing review and magma is the best choice to get the full flavor! but the airhole is just too damn small. but for cloud chasing, now im using MUT X XL V3! damn that is killer! i mean the taste is still good, but the cloud is daamnn! with XL v3, u got more post hole and the bigger deck! easyyyyy to buiild! easy!

I'm really liking my authentic Mephisto v1. It's fairly compact compared to the CLT that I had been using (although don't get me wrong, I like the CLT 2 as well), and the giant post holes make it super easy to build on. Flavor is good for an RDA that most seem to consider a cloud-chaser design. And as a bonus, it looks awesome with the copper AFC on my copper SMPL.

The main detractor from it is the cost, but clones are readily available and some of them are apparently pretty decent. I just got lucky and was able to pick mine up in a trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread