Status
Not open for further replies.

jaxgator

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
I still need to try those Jax. fasttech has me scared to try clones now because of rusty screws so I've stuck with my cltv2+

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

They are both great attys. The Hobo produces a little more vapor but they are both very flavorful imo. I like the short stature and simplicity of the Deringer more.

atroph

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Chesapeake, VA
For a beginner I always recommend the Magma. Easy to build on, has a deep well, and it is "game changing" in the flavor department.

It is a cloud chucker? Not really but does really well IMO.

It is not leaky if you don't overfill it and I have vaped it on a 45 min drive to and from work without needing to redrip. It needs to be held upright for the most part to keep the juice in the well. There is a 12ga needle fix that corrects the only "problem" that some experience with it leaking.

I picked up my Tobeco clone at my local B&M for about $20 and it was worth every penny.

I consider the Magma the beginners "standard" like the Patriot used to be. The Patriot was my first RDA and it is crap flavor wise as compared to the Magma. However my Patriot (with drilled holes) will spew large clouds but the flavor is weak...IMO

Gummy Bare

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2012
San Diego, California
Just picked an Origen V3 so hoping this becomes one of my new favorites
Didn't even know they made a v3. I loved the v1, the v2 is the genesis version of the v1. Looks pretty cool, but I'm not into genesis much anymore.

What's the difference in the v3?

eLefAdEr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2013
Chapel Hill, NC, USA
Another vote for the Origen v2. I own three clones, pretty sure all of them are Tobeco. The relatively small post holes limit builds to 27g wire and smaller, but since the design is better suited for flavor over clouds, doesn't really matter all that much -- haven't tried twisted coils in it yet but I'm optimistic that dual twisted 28g would fit. I just rewrapped one of them a few minutes ago, dual 8's with 27g at my preferred sweet spot of 0.50Ω. It really is a step above my half-dozen or so other atty's. The stock airholes aren't that big (think the biggest one of the three is 2mm on each side), but easily remedied by just removing the top cap for max airflow. And it even has a sweet Buck Rogers look to it with the top cap off.

I should mention it has a medium to steep learning curve when it comes to coil building, but after a few attempts it should become easier. It's best suited for chimney style coils.

I haven't tried a Magma yet but hear nothing but great things about it.

ShakeNBake1199

Verified Member
Dec 19, 2014
Maryland
Didn't even know they made a v3. I loved the v1, the v2 is the genesis version of the v1. Looks pretty cool, but I'm not into genesis much anymore.

What's the difference in the v3?
I think it's just a few subtle differences
like a reduced dome chamber and you can pull the part of the top off to drop instead of having to pull the entire cap.

msmith4512

ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2014
New York, NY
I think flavor is a function is of airflow hole size, chamber size, drip tip bore and length, and coil positioning relative to air holes. I can set up most of my RDAs to get very similar flavor and vapor performance, what makes me prefer one RDA over another is convenience of building, airflow adjustment, juice capacity, and leak resistance.

The Magma is one of the easiest to build, but the airflow ring can slide around and the top cap is threaded, which can make re dripping a hassle. The Tobh is my all around favorite because it's easy to remove the top cap and the air flow large and the flavor is great when you place the coils right next to the air holes. The Derringer is my next favorite due to it's small size and intense small chamber flavor.

The Marquis is a dream to build and is very leak resistant.

Pushbutton

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2014
Vienna, Austria
I'd have to go with the Origen as well. My v2 clone was fantastic. Loved it so much that i went and sought out an authentic v3 which arrived today.
Still on my first build so it is hard to say which one is better. My first impression was that the flavor on the v2 was a bit more dense, but it is too early to pass judgement.

I'm also a fan of the Magma, but the Origen wins for me.

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas
rat.gif
Everyone that has ever spoke to me, virtually or in real life, knows that I love my reos with the rm2's. I know there are other fantastic options and I look at other things, but I am just so happy with these, that I can't imagine vaping getting any better.

I agree, a great vape indeed:rickroll::rickroll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread