• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Zombie Tools

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did the conversion from 9mm to 45acp last night. After doing it one time, I think I could change calibers pretty quickly if needed, probbly less than 2-3 minutes.

I also called JRC today and asked about a 1911 version that I saw on their website. I carry a 1911 daily now and having the carbine match the pistol would be awesome. The only thing I needed to buy was the 1911 magwell which allows the use of the 1911 magazines, so by next week, I should have it installed and ready to shoot. I would still be able to use the Glock mags with a simple magwell switch, which is only 3 screws.

While I had them on the phone, I asked them about any plans for a 22lr or 22mag conversion. The owner told me they were testing both, the 22lr and 22mag as we were speaking. Shouldnt be too much longer before they are ready for market. They didnt tell me what magazines they planned on using for the 22, but I seriously doubt that the Ruger 10/22 mags would work with the way the rifle is set up. Its going to have to be a regular stack mag to work with the gun, but thats ok.

And lastly, I am not a fan of the 40 s&w round, but they already have a 40 cal conversion. I am wondering if I ought to buy it just to have a complete set up for the JRC? Not useful for me now, but maybe if I ever decided to get rid of it, it might be a selling point.

whynotvap

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2010
amerika
The .40 seems a little loose in most pistols but in a carbine, it takes full advantage of the 10#'s of .... in a 5# can effect. I really liked the Kel-Tec in .40 but I have to admit I ordered mine in 9mm. Price per shot was the biggest deciding factor for me. Other than the .22lr, it's hard to get a better bang for the buck, literally! A head shot is a head shot after all...

I do like the looks of that JR Carbine though, I'll have to check into one of those!

Finally took the JRC out to the range. The gun shoots perfectly. Had a little trouble with the aftermarket glock mags, but that was a magazine problem not a gun problem. I took the magazines apart, straighten the springs, filed the followers and lubed the inside. They load easier, so hope they will work better. The real Glock 10rd magazine works perfectly. I didnt shoot it in the 9mm set up because I only had the 10rd magazine, but I have a couple 9mm hi-cap mags on order and will shoot it when they arrive. So far, I am really liking the set up of the gun.

bushmasterar15

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2012
Arizona
dAQfZ.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread