Ñew member, need some help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rancid

Jun 8, 2021
Hi. Just an explanation for the name here - a band I like which I started using as a name in forums a long time ago and have continued using just out of habit. I started vaping over six months ago and gave up smoking cold turkey. Very happy. I did this with the Alt disposable pod kit - very easy to use with no buttons or anything. Just have to replace the pods when empty. In the last week I bought an innokin zlide tube kit with 1.6 ohm coils as it had some great reviews, and they said it was good for beginners which I still am. Also bought some 75/25 VG/PG juice. Filled it, primed the coils, and did everything according to the instructions. When I use it it makes a bubbling sound and spits large drops of liquid, and I end up with sticky liquid all over the pen. Is anyone able to tell me if I have simply bought the wrong liquid or is there possibly some other possible problem? Very appreciative of any help. Cheers

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Hi. Just an explanation for the name here - a band I like which I started using as a name in forums a long time ago and have continued using just out of habit. I started vaping over six months ago and gave up smoking cold turkey. Very happy. I did this with the Alt disposable pod kit - very easy to use with no buttons or anything. Just have to replace the pods when empty. In the last week I bought an Innokin Zlide tube kit with 1.6 ohm coils as it had some great reviews, and they said it was good for beginners which I still am. Also bought some 75/25 VG/PG juice. Filled it, primed the coils, and did everything according to the instructions. When I use it it makes a bubbling sound and spits large drops of liquid, and I end up with sticky liquid all over the pen. Is anyone able to tell me if I have simply bought the wrong liquid or is there possibly some other possible problem? Very appreciative of any help. Cheers

Welcome to ECF!

Your coil is way over saturated.. thats what causes that.

so a couple of questions, have you checked your orings on the tank to make sure your getting a good seal?

Is your coil installed properly? Is it over tightened or under tightened in some way? Or - if it's press fit are you sure it's in there correctly?

How did you prime your coil?

Rancid

Jun 8, 2021
Hi. Thanks for the quick response. I checked the coil fitting and it does appear I may not have fitted it properly. It has a straight edge with has to be aligned with the tank which I hadn't done properly. Still makes a bubbling sound when I draw on it, but no more spitting large drops of liquid is a welcome relief. I primed it just by putting four drops of liquid in the bottom as shown in an illustration. Thanks so much for the help. As can be seen, I probably won't be able to offer much advice here when posting, but will try to be active in this forum.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Hi. Thanks for the quick response. I checked the coil fitting and it does appear I may not have fitted it properly. It has a straight edge with has to be aligned with the tank which I hadn't done properly. Still makes a bubbling sound when I draw on it, but no more spitting large drops of liquid is a welcome relief. I primed it just by putting four drops of liquid in the bottom as shown in an illustration. Thanks so much for the help. As can be seen, I probably won't be able to offer much advice here when posting, but will try to be active in this forum.

We welcome anything you bring to the table! It's a friendly forum here and we were all new once ourselves... join up some of the talk about anything and everything threads and meet everyone! Your sure to find friends and good vaping advice!

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
... Thanks so much for the help. As can be seen, I probably won't be able to offer much advice here when posting, but will try to be active in this forum.

Don't sell yourself Short. I'm sure there are Lots of Things that you have Learned that would be Valuable to someone who Doesn't Know them yet.

Who's to say that Tomorrow you will read about someone having the Same (or Similar) Problem that you had? One that Now you know a Fix for.

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Dunoon, West of Scotland.
Welcome aboard and glad you got a solution.

Don't feel bad about an initial mistake with new kit - as has been said we all had to learn, and many of us myself included had to learn by making mistakes.

After six years vaping and about three years using a Zenith ( the forerunner of your Zlide ) I still from time to time forget to close the top after I have refilled the thing!

PeterKay

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2020
Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
Hi. Just an explanation for the name here - a band I like which I started using as a name in forums a long time ago and have continued using just out of habit. I started vaping over six months ago and gave up smoking cold turkey. Very happy. I did this with the Alt disposable pod kit - very easy to use with no buttons or anything. Just have to replace the pods when empty. In the last week I bought an Innokin Zlide tube kit with 1.6 ohm coils as it had some great reviews, and they said it was good for beginners which I still am. Also bought some 75/25 VG/PG juice. Filled it, primed the coils, and did everything according to the instructions. When I use it it makes a bubbling sound and spits large drops of liquid, and I end up with sticky liquid all over the pen. Is anyone able to tell me if I have simply bought the wrong liquid or is there possibly some other possible problem? Very appreciative of any help. Cheers
Hello Rancid. Just one thing from me- I've not used zlide tank or coils but based on the tanks I used, 75/25 might be a bit too thick for 1.6 coils. You might find they don't last very long, but you will have to see for yourself after using it for some time. If that's the case there are 3 things I know of that you could do:
1. Add 5% distilled water (food grade) to your liquid. It will decrease viscosity of your liquid with very little flavor loss. Also your liquid will be less likely to dry your mouth. It's very simple, 1ml of water= 1g, so for example if your bottle is 100ml add either 5g of water if you have a scale or 5ml with a syringe.
2. Sligthly disturb the surface of the cotton on your coil to increase the surface area. It will improve wicking.
3. If nothing else works you might try to step down on VG- go 70/30 or 50/50

Superuser187

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2020
Athens
Everytime u refill it try to do it fast and then close the topfill mechanism as fast as possible cause the more it stay open the more liquid it draws to the coil....either way after few puffs the boiling gurgling will be gone...

Also I don't know what kind of bottle u use but when u fill any tank not just the zlide u must use bottle that has a tip that is small enough in order when u stick it into the hole to fill the tank with juice there must always be room for air to come out...or else it's like u are not just filling juice but u create pressure into the tank and push juice to the coil...
Anyways u gonna figure out everything as u vape but just saying :)
Enjoy punk :p

Reactions: Z-Lee

Territoo

Diva
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    Howdy2.jpg

Przemix

ECF Veteran
    Apr 15, 2021
    try 50 /50 mix it helped me with spinning, might be to thick juice for coils, 1.6 ohm is usually for pg juice not vg, 70%, before you buy 50/50 blend switch coils to sub ohm and check it out, if not then try to blow all fluid and put paper on the tip of your device and shake down so fluid can go on paper towell, then take few hits and see if it helps, well it helps me when they get clogged with juice.

Reactions: Z-Lee
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread