◙ Li’l PINCH (←thang) ◙ pdib (←maker) ◙ not sayin’ (←just sayin’) ◙ shuh-ZAM! (←hyperbole)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
Just had an eye test. They are pretty bad. Actually have prescription for both distance and reading now.

Any thoughts on bifocals vs multifocals vs separate?

I am due for an exam as well. I have been wearing bifocals for several years now, I have never tried any of the other options, they help a lot. :|

KAS

keithu2

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Honolulu, HI, USA
Contact lens, reading glasses, and progressive bifocals. Thinking about going with glasses only, because I’m getting less wear time with the contacts. They’re also a pain to maintain - gas permeable. [emoji851]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Any thoughts on bifocals vs multifocals vs separate?
I use separate, single-vision glasses indoors, a medium strength for stuff at arm's length (my computer screen) and a stronger set for reading a book or my tablet. The trouble with these is that they make me near-sighted while I have them on. That doesn't bother me much indoors, in familiar surroundings, but the moment I step outside, it drives me bonkers.

So for walking outdoors or driving, I use progressives. Down low they're the same strength at as my medium "computer" glasses, and and up high they're optimized for distance. This lets me the see the dashboard clearly while also seeing stuff out the window clearly, and it's good enough to read a menu in a restaurant, but doesn't work at the computer because the field of vision up close is too small; I'd wear out my neck.

I tried bifocals with a line in 'em once. Hated 'em with a passion. But some people actually prefer them over progressives, go figure.

TamiPac

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 10, 2014
SE Texas
Contact lens, reading glasses, and progressive bifocals. Thinking about going with glasses only, because I’m getting less wear time with the contacts. They’re also a pain to maintain - gas permeable. [emoji851]

I only wear contacts when we go to the beach. Hard to get the snorkel mask over the glasses. :lol:

keithu2

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Honolulu, HI, USA
I only wear contacts when we go to the beach. Hard to get the snorkel mask over the glasses. :lol:

My snorkeling days are over, but I think you can get masks with a prescription. I don’t know if I’d want to see jaws or other nasties coming anyway. [emoji50]

Reactions: Rossum

TamiPac

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 10, 2014
SE Texas
My snorkeling days are over, but I think you can get masks with a prescription. I don’t know if I’d want to see jaws or other nasties coming anyway. [emoji50]

When we were in the Virgin Islands a couple of years ago we were snorkeling and I looked over to my side at water level and there was a barracuda not 3 feet from me just hanging out sunning himself. All of a sudden I remembered my son lecturing me about taking off my jewelry before I went in, which of course I forgot to do. Good for me it wasn't hungry. They have quite the impressive set of chompers and I could see them he was so close.

pdib

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2012
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
ahhh, the clever but classic prescription-eye-wear-to-barracuda segue.
nod.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread