◙ Li’l PINCH (←thang) ◙ pdib (←maker) ◙ not sayin’ (←just sayin’) ◙ shuh-ZAM! (←hyperbole)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
I use Sanyo NCR20700B.... I use 0.7 ohm coils
For Tami, at 0.2, the NCR20700A would almost certainly be a better choice. IMR appears to have them in stock for $7.99. In fact, those are pretty much the only 20700s suitable for her, that I can find in stock anywhere, that aren't some re-wrapper brand. Personally, I refuse to buy re-wrapper brands.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Has anybody heard of this vendor???
I hadn't. I don't like what a cursory check reveals either. This is the address on their Contact Page:

ezCFTsl.jpg

Perhaps I'm just an old curmudgeon, but they seem to be hiding, and I'd have to ask myself: Why?

TamiPac

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 10, 2014
SE Texas
I hadn't. I don't like what a cursory check reveals either. This is the address on their Contact Page:

ezCFTsl.jpg

Perhaps I'm just an old curmudgeon, but they seem to be hiding, and I'd have to ask myself: Why?
I'll let you know how it goes.

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois

ezCFTsl.jpg

Their not hiding, they are in a strip mall called The Shoppe's in Chino Hills... The entire center carries the same address 14071 but each has a unit # under the same roof.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Their not hiding, they are in a strip mall called The Shoppe's in Chino Hills... The entire center carries the same address 14071 but each has a unit # under the same roof.
I don't think so. The Shoppe's in Chino Hills has a different address; 13920 City Center Dr, Chino Hills, CA 91709 and is on the other side of Shoppes Drive. See Google Maps or: The Shoppes at Chino Hills

Also, I've 'driven' all around the the address pictured above with Streetview and the entire building appears to the the Chino Hills Post Office, with the rest of the block being municipal stuff like the Chino Hills Police Station, Building & Safety, Public Works, Water Department and so on.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
@TamiPac -- I've ordered six VTC6 batteries from that place. Those have also been hard to find, and I like green batteries for my green mod. :blush:

Will test 'em for capacity and AC internal resistance next month, when I'm back in FL where my test equipment is (West Mountain Radio CBA-HR & dedicated AC/IR meter). I think the principle remains sound: Fake cells can meet a capacity spec, or an IR spec, but not both, and I have data from some known-good VTC6s (manufactured in 2016 that I tested in 2019) as a baseline.

If I had any use for 20700s, I woulda ordered a couple of those too, but as I said, everything I have is just a wee 18650 tootle-puffing mod. :laugh:

TamiPac

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 10, 2014
SE Texas
@TamiPac -- I've ordered six VTC6 batteries from that place. Those have also been hard to find, and I like green batteries for my green mod. :blush:

Will test 'em for capacity and AC internal resistance next month, when I'm back in FL where my test equipment is (West Mountain Radio CBA-HR & dedicated AC/IR meter). I think the principle remains sound: Fake cells can meet a capacity spec, or an IR spec, but not both, and I have data from some known-good VTC6s (manufactured in 2016 that I tested in 2019) as a baseline.

If I had any use for 20700s, I woulda ordered a couple of those too, but as I said, everything I have is just a wee 18650 tootle-puffing mod. :laugh:
I don't have anything to test anything and wouldn't know what to do with it if I had. :lol: I have a bunch coming and I'll just hope they're for real! If you find out anything after testing I would love to know.
Did you ever get those used-up batteries I sent Bri for you to play with?

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
I don't have anything to test anything and wouldn't know what to do with it if I had.
Well. a 0.2 ohm coil, and knowing how they should perform on that is not a terrible qualitative test.

I remember way back when, a girl in a vape shop with a tube mod and and RDA was complaining that her VTC5s didn't last very long. So I asked what her coil resistance was. 0.15 ohms. Well, uhm, you're pushing those batteries kinda hard. :blink:

I down to two atty setups that I actually use on a regular basis: O-16 with a 0.75 single coil and nuppin with dual 1.0s for a net of 0.5. It's amazing how much longer any of my cells last on the 0.75. I have no problem getting through a half a bottle of juice (call it 3-1/2 to 4 ml) before I want a freshly charged battery on that setup, whereas I'm lucky to make it through half that much liquid on the 0.5 ohm nuppin.

If you find out anything after testing I would love to know.
Sure will. I was kinda tempted to ask whether anyone had ever heard of this vendor in the Batteries section, but I'm reluctant to give them any publicity at all until we know more.

Did you ever get those used-up batteries I sent Bri for you to play with?
Nope. I think that must have been right around the time the world went mad a bit over two years ago and we haven't gotten together since.

TamiPac

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 10, 2014
SE Texas
Well. a 0.2 ohm coil, and knowing how they should perform on that is not a terrible qualitative test.

I remember way back when, a girl in a vape shop with a tube mod and and RDA was complaining that her VTC5s didn't last very long. So I asked what her coil resistance was. 0.15 ohms. Well, uhm, you're pushing those batteries kinda hard. :blink:

I down to two atty setups that I actually use on a regular basis: O-16 with a 0.75 single coil and nuppin with dual 1.0s for a net of 0.5. It's amazing how much longer any of my cells last on the 0.75. I have no problem getting through a half a bottle of juice (call it 3-1/2 to 4 ml) before I want a freshly charged battery on that setup, whereas I'm lucky to make it through half that much liquid on the 0.5 ohm nuppin.

Sure will. I was kinda tempted to ask whether anyone had ever heard of this vendor in the Batteries section, but I'm reluctant to give them any publicity at all until we know more.

Nope. I think that must have been right around the time the world went mad a bit over two years ago and we haven't gotten together since.
I run 4 mods that I vape all day and they are all 20700 series mods so I go through batteries like mad. The lower I take the nicotine the more I vape. I am making an effort to slow down but I'm not real optimistic about how well that will work. As of June 2nd I've been off cigarettes for 8 years.
My son said to me on the 2nd that he thought I should try to give up vaping. I told him if he touches my mods I will take back that life I so generously gave him!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread