◙ Li’l PINCH (←thang) ◙ pdib (←maker) ◙ not sayin’ (←just sayin’) ◙ shuh-ZAM! (←hyperbole)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexander Mundy

Ribbon Twister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Springfield, MO
LOL, like a bug strapped to a rocket!

And all the wight is on the power wheels. Does it pull wheelies?
The sand rail did in first and second gears. It ran mid 11's in the quarter. Same basic engine only it was normally aspirated with Weber carbs. Sand rail was 1000# plus my lard ..... I put in the Bug (1700# with full frame and cage plus my lard ....) and it slowed down to mid 13's which is what prompted the supercharger and fuel injection. Calculation of power to weight says I need to go from 160hp to 250hp to achieve the same performance as the sand rail so that is the goal. Allowing for the parasitic loss of driving the supercharger, I need 11# to 12# boost to achieve my goal.

Alexander Mundy

Ribbon Twister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Springfield, MO
Last weekend I found out that I royally screwed up 12 years ago. Went to start some more tuning on the car and it started and ran for a few seconds then died. Tried to re-start it but the starter wouldn't engage. Thought to myself that the darn expensive gear reduction starter went out. Nope, motor would not turn. Turned out to be the supercharger was seized up. Spent all day tearing down to get the supercharger out. There was a white sticky film inside it, and since there is only 0.003" clearance between the rotors, and between the rotors and the housing, it had built up in the 0.003" gaps. I knew immediately when I felt it what it was. There are some bolts that stick into the intake track that hold the aluminum intake adapter plate I made, and I had used pipe dope on the threads 12 years ago or so. The heat from the previous weekend's tuning had lowered its viscosity and the supercharger sucked it in. When the supercharger cooled off it became the white film inside and when I started the engine cold it built up in the 0.003 gaps and seized it up.

I called PSE in OK and it was going to cost me $400 plus shipping both ways to have it taken apart, cleaned, put back together, and the rotors timed. Rotor timing takes a special factory jig so no way I could do that myself. Cost wasn't bad, biggest thing was going to be the down time. I was ready to ship it off and called PSE to verify the new address he gave me which isn't the one on the website. Several days went by with no response so I did some Google-Fu on PSE and didn't like what I found. Apparently, he had a stroke last year and closed the actual shop which left a few customers in the lurch.

I called Jon Bond in IA (I still had his personal cell # from over a decade ago when discussing the project) and he still had the same # and answered. It was going to be October before his shop could get to it, but he told me I could try something. With the pulley side up, spray non chlorinated brake cleaner in it to dissolve the pipe dope. He said as long as I kept the pulley end up it would not hurt the rear seals or bearings because they are up inside the rotors from the other end. While spraying the second can it moved a little. Moving and spraying got it loosened up by the end of the second can. Sprayed a third can just to be sure. All the white is gone, and it turns freely as it should now. I sent him a text thanking him for the suggestion and letting him know it worked.

Loctite 515 and 518 are the only sealants he said I should use in the intake tract. I have Loctite 518 arriving today so I can re-assemble this weekend.

TamiPac

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 10, 2014
SE Texas
Last weekend I found out that I royally screwed up 12 years ago. Went to start some more tuning on the car and it started and ran for a few seconds then died. Tried to re-start it but the starter wouldn't engage. Thought to myself that the darn expensive gear reduction starter went out. Nope, motor would not turn. Turned out to be the supercharger was seized up. Spent all day tearing down to get the supercharger out. There was a white sticky film inside it, and since there is only 0.003" clearance between the rotors, and between the rotors and the housing, it had built up in the 0.003" gaps. I knew immediately when I felt it what it was. There are some bolts that stick into the intake track that hold the aluminum intake adapter plate I made, and I had used pipe dope on the threads 12 years ago or so. The heat from the previous weekend's tuning had lowered its viscosity and the supercharger sucked it in. When the supercharger cooled off it became the white film inside and when I started the engine cold it built up in the 0.003 gaps and seized it up.

I called PSE in OK and it was going to cost me $400 plus shipping both ways to have it taken apart, cleaned, put back together, and the rotors timed. Rotor timing takes a special factory jig so no way I could do that myself. Cost wasn't bad, biggest thing was going to be the down time. I was ready to ship it off and called PSE to verify the new address he gave me which isn't the one on the website. Several days went by with no response so I did some Google-Fu on PSE and didn't like what I found. Apparently, he had a stroke last year and closed the actual shop which left a few customers in the lurch.

I called Jon Bond in IA (I still had his personal cell # from over a decade ago when discussing the project) and he still had the same # and answered. It was going to be October before his shop could get to it, but he told me I could try something. With the pulley side up, spray non chlorinated brake cleaner in it to dissolve the pipe dope. He said as long as I kept the pulley end up it would not hurt the rear seals or bearings because they are up inside the rotors from the other end. While spraying the second can it moved a little. Moving and spraying got it loosened up by the end of the second can. Sprayed a third can just to be sure. All the white is gone, and it turns freely as it should now. I sent him a text thanking him for the suggestion and letting him know it worked.

Loctite 515 and 518 are the only sealants he said I should use in the intake tract. I have Loctite 518 arriving today so I can re-assemble this weekend.
That was really awesome of him!

Reactions: X-Puppy

Alexander Mundy

Ribbon Twister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Springfield, MO
Grrrr! Spent most of the day reassembling only to feel a slight interference in the supercharger when turning the pulley. Tore back down and I think the rotors got slightly out of time with each other when it seized up. So off it will go after all. October 6th was the first available date. Sigh....

• Wow
Reactions: TamiPac

Doffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2014
Australia
tumblr_lpp4aasUuK1qclt3z540.gif

new therapist tomorrow, 12:30pm

online intake forms had space to write. So, I included these questions:

Questions for psychologist

• Describe your levels of assertiveness
  • Do you feel that it is important to “push” patients?
    • If “Yes”, to what extent?
  • How much experience do you have that is directly relevant to my circumstances?
  • I don’t need a lifestyle coach. Things like sleep are indicators, not tools. Discuss
  • Tell me specifically about your approach to OCD
  • Tell me specifically about your approach to trauma
  • Do you often "Watch and wait" without informing the client that you have a hunch?
  • Is there anything which you are inflexible about? (IE: People need to sleep on a 24 hour cycle, Maintain social circles etc)
  • Do you view anything at all in your practice as set in stone, unchangeable?
  • Are you comfortable with long periods of silence during appointments?
  • Do you give homework? What type?
  • Can I give you written material out of session? How do you respond to written material out of session?
  • Describe your role, as a psychologist
  • Describe my role, as your client
  • By the time we meet, I will have spent countless hours imagining ways this session will end in violence. Tearing your hair out in clumps, stomping on your throat etc
  • Describe a scenario within psychology (talk therapy) which you personally view as Coercive Practice
  • "Cucumber" is a safe word. If this is said, the topic changes instantly. Without a single word
  • Do you enjoy your job?

They rang me soon after. To see if I would be more comfortable with a shorter appointment via telehealth, to go over questions

We settled on keeping the 1 hour face to face, but devoting it to Sarah auditioning for the part. No commitment, just outlining what she does in theory

i don't have high hopes. In my experience (6 previous talk therapists (psychologists)) they just obsess about sleep, diet, lifestyle etc. So usually only last 1 or 2 sessions

but medical team have convinced me to try. Fee is $245 and medicare rebate $88 so about $157 out of pocket, for something likely to fail

TamiPac

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 10, 2014
SE Texas
View attachment 979676

new therapist tomorrow, 12:30pm

online intake forms had space to write. So, I included these questions:

Questions for psychologist

• Describe your levels of assertiveness
  • Do you feel that it is important to “push” patients?
    • If “Yes”, to what extent?
  • How much experience do you have that is directly relevant to my circumstances?
  • I don’t need a lifestyle coach. Things like sleep are indicators, not tools. Discuss
  • Tell me specifically about your approach to OCD
  • Tell me specifically about your approach to trauma
  • Do you often "Watch and wait" without informing the client that you have a hunch?
  • Is there anything which you are inflexible about? (IE: People need to sleep on a 24 hour cycle, Maintain social circles etc)
  • Do you view anything at all in your practice as set in stone, unchangeable?
  • Are you comfortable with long periods of silence during appointments?
  • Do you give homework? What type?
  • Can I give you written material out of session? How do you respond to written material out of session?
  • Describe your role, as a psychologist
  • Describe my role, as your client
  • By the time we meet, I will have spent countless hours imagining ways this session will end in violence. Tearing your hair out in clumps, stomping on your throat etc
  • Describe a scenario within psychology (talk therapy) which you personally view as Coercive Practice
  • "Cucumber" is a safe word. If this is said, the topic changes instantly. Without a single word
  • Do you enjoy your job?

They rang me soon after. To see if I would be more comfortable with a shorter appointment via telehealth, to go over questions

We settled on keeping the 1 hour face to face, but devoting it to Sarah auditioning for the part. No commitment, just outlining what she does in theory

i don't have high hopes. In my experience (6 previous talk therapists (psychologists)) they just obsess about sleep, diet, lifestyle etc. So usually only last 1 or 2 sessions

but medical team have convinced me to try. Fee is $245 and medicare rebate $88 so about $157 out of pocket, for something likely to fail
Good luck!

Reactions: Doffy

Kentastic

Not Batman
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2013
Central Californication
K, then you pro'ly won't read this . .. .
When is Orphan Gun coming out?
Ha! I read it! probably not till closer to the end of 2022. I wrote a story with no outlining whatsoever. It came out ok, but it was missing a whole bunch of things that make a story great. So I'm kind of starting over with a beat sheet (basically plot points & notes) so I won't forget anything and I can use most of what I already wrote,

Should take me a few months, and then I have to get it edited. Hopefully, I can get it out right after that. I'll post a free download here. All I ask is for an honest review on Amason

I explained a lot of this in a post on my site, and in an email if you sign up for my newsletter.

Ken Fair

laterz,
Kenisgoingtoreadtherest

Kentastic

Not Batman
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2013
Central Californication
The nice part is that the business has changed. You used to have to send out a million letters/emails to agents and publishers before (If you were lucky) you would get picked up by one of them. Then it would take months (up to a year) before you got published, and then you had to be lucky to sell your book.

Now places like Amazon & Apple books allow you to personally upload ebooks when they are ready. Paperbacks and Hardbacks are printed on demand, and you can't tell the difference if it was traditionallly published.

The cover artists, editors, and marketing are much more available also. You used to not be able to get that stuff unless you went through a traditional publisher.

The business of Authoring has changed. One thing that hasn't changed. People won't buy a book without reviews... GOOD REVIEWS!

Kentastic

Last edited:

Doffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2014
Australia

Attachments

• 20220906_103634.jpg
    20220906_103634.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 1