◙ Li’l PINCH (←thang) ◙ pdib (←maker) ◙ not sayin’ (←just sayin’) ◙ shuh-ZAM! (←hyperbole)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
@Rossum you good? Heard about the storm
Yeah. We were up in PA anyway, but our place down in Flagler County FL came through OK. Bit of wash-over in the yard, bit of water in the garage, some minor soffit damage. Of course the power is off, so I had someone come by and empty the freezer yesterday, before anything spoiled and stank up the place. Some pics here:

TamiPac

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 10, 2014
SE Texas
Yeah. We were up in PA anyway, but our place down in Flagler County FL came through OK. Bit of wash-over in the yard, bit of water in the garage, some minor soffit damage. Of course the power is off, so I had someone come by and empty the freezer yesterday, before anything spoiled and stank up the place. Some pics here:

So glad you weren't there and happy you didn't have more damage!

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
So glad you weren't there and happy you didn't have more damage!
Given where our house is, I've always had a very simple plan for when the hurricane comes: Be somewhere else when it gets there.

We did exactly that for Matthew in 2016; left on Tuesday once the track had it coming right up the coast, and grazing us that Friday. Matthew made a huge mess. Some wter

We were not there for Irma in 2017. I don't think there have been any bad enough to make us bail out since then until this week. Had we been there last weekend, we would have been gone by Monday at the latest.

Bottom line: When we bought the place in 2011, I told my wife: You understand that if/when the right storm comes along, this place will be GONE, right? Thing is the odds where we are on the NE FL coast are comparable to the NJ coast. Unlike southern FL, the Gulf coast, or parts of the Carolinas, direct hits are not that common there.

TamiPac

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 10, 2014
SE Texas
Given where our house is, I've always had a very simple plan for when the hurricane comes: Be somewhere else when it gets there.

We did exactly that for Matthew in 2016; left on Tuesday once the track had it coming right up the coast, and grazing us that Friday. Matthew made a huge mess. Some wter

We were not there for Irma in 2017. I don't think there have been any bad enough to make us bail out since then until this week. Had we been there last weekend, we would have been gone by Monday at the latest.

Bottom line: When we bought the place in 2011, I told my wife: You understand that if/when the right storm comes along, this place will be GONE, right? Thing is the odds where we are on the NE FL coast are comparable to the NJ coast. Unlike southern FL, the Gulf coast, or parts of the Carolinas, direct hits are not that common there.
It's common for us to get hit but the last several years most of the storms have veered off and hit New Orleans instead. The one we did get did enough damage to last me awhile.

Doffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2014
Australia
Get off MY beach

Attachments

• 20221002_164800.jpg
    20221002_164800.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 4
  • 20221002_164758.jpg