◙ Li’l PINCH (←thang) ◙ pdib (←maker) ◙ not sayin’ (←just sayin’) ◙ shuh-ZAM! (←hyperbole)

Status
Not open for further replies.

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
Well, I've got bad news and I've got good news...

The bad... I wasn't home when my friendly neighborhood mail person came calling :(

The good... my wife was :D

I walked in from work and she told me I had a package, she saw the look on my face and said "OK, how much was it???"

I started to answer and she quickly said "never mind, I probably don't want to know" (she's a keeper ;))

I've been on Peters list for over a year and often the actual experience doesn't live up to the expectation. Well, that's not the case here. I'll be sure to give more feedback in the future but for now suffice it to say that it is truly both art as well as an incredibly thought out and masterfully executed piece of vape gear.

I apologize for the quality of the pics, my iPad just doesn't take good ones in artificial lighting (that's my story and I'm sticking to it :pervy:) but here she is...

image.jpg

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Peter, I just can't say thank you enough!

pdib

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2012
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
no-no, B., I am thanking you! It was a real pleasure making your mod and this whole batch.

I gotta say, naturally, I was a little antsy sending these out. It's been working well for me, but . . . well, . . . I'm nuts. So I was anxious to hear what others had to say. I'm so glad and relieved that it's looking like it's going to take.

(which makes you all a little nutty too)

(which is fine . .. because we knew that)

MFarley

ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2014
Cave Junction, OR USA
Are we supposed to behave in this thread? Nothing is mentioned in the title ...
You can try if you want. But when that doesn't work out, don't feel bad.
When it comes to setting goals it is a good idea to set ones that are attainable.

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
Just beautiful work on all the mods!! B2L, what wood is that? Especially like how Peter did your fire button! Crazy nice!!:D

Thanks! It's stabilized spalted maple. Unfortunately I fell in love with this particular block of maple and bought it only to find out that it isn't particularly suited to being structurally sound. As part of the buying experience of this mod, I got a lesson in wood and its inherit characteristics. The spalting (black lines) are caused by a fungus in the wood which leaves it less robust in its structure while also giving it character. Peter was very careful to let me know it is the Pinch least likely to survive a fall. I knew this going in and was willing to take the risk but wouldn't recommend it to the general Pinch buying public.

All that being said, I wouldn't change a thing. Also, the fire button is my favorite part as well, I love Ps choice and finishing of it.

Also have to thank ValHeli for hooking me up with this beautiful piece of wood, much appreciated Brother!

CaptSteve

Airborn ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2011
41,000ft at M 0.85
Congrats guys to all of you for those amazing li'l pinches. Peter came up with an awesome design that's not only seriously good looking but also extremely efficient. We'll all need to "recalibrate" our battery voltage sensing ability because due to the fact that this mod has very low voltage drop you'll find you use your batteries all the way down to 3.3 -3.2 volts.

I too was skeptical when he showed me his switch design but the Nutty Prof Bee proved that he knew what he was doing because after doing some experiments of my own I quickly realized that I've never seen a more efficient and easy to use design.

Given the fact that this design can also be knocked out the Bee workshop quicker than the Oliver dibie I think Peter will put a smile on many more peeps faces.

I should have mine in 4-5 days and I want to say a big thank you to Peter for making an amazing Rosewood pinch for me. Peter you're not only an amazing artisan but above all you're a great guy and that's what counts more than anything.

Thank you Sir

Aal_

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
Toronto
So, got home and yes indeed their was vape mail on the table.

Some flat cable jumpers and connectors from Mouser to be able to extend DNA large screens.

20150724_194657_zpshj8odpn5.jpg

Man those connectors are small!

20150724_195458_zpsibnaj0dy.jpg

Gonna be a real challenge to solder them with these old eyes, shaky hands, and 30 year old soldering iron.

Oh, and there was also THIS!

20150724_192805-1_zpspzovwzxl.jpg

20150724_192732-1_zpssprjbqtq.jpg

The white one that is.
You're probably gonna be the only person vaping an rm2 on Lil pinch you know that :D ...

RobbieVape

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 15, 2015
Bristol - England
Seriously beautiful work Peter on all of these "Lil Pinch" and big big big congrats to all of you lucky owners #slightenvy#

I for one loved the first prototype of this mod from day 1 although I understood the concerns of some mainly due to the stunning looks of the previous mod.... Yes I say previous as I'm sure now with such great feedback and reduce build time and end cost that the Lil Pinch is going to be the mod of choice. Good news for those like myself that are on a long waiting list, I'll just sit back drooling and waiting until my lucky turn comes about as owning this Unicorn for me cannot come soon enough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TamiPac

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 10, 2014
SE Texas
It
Well, I've got bad news and I've got good news...

The bad... I wasn't home when my friendly neighborhood mail person came calling :(

The good... my wife was :D

I walked in from work and she told me I had a package, she saw the look on my face and said "OK, how much was it???"

I started to answer and she quickly said "never mind, I probably don't want to know" (she's a keeper ;))

I've been on Peters list for over a year and often the actual experience doesn't live up to the expectation. Well, that's not the case here. I'll be sure to give more feedback in the future but for now suffice it to say that it is truly both art as well as an incredibly thought out and masterfully executed piece of vape gear.

I apologize for the quality of the pics, my iPad just doesn't take good ones in artificial lighting (that's my story and I'm sticking to it :pervy:) but here she is...

View attachment 474895
View attachment 474892 View attachment 474893 View attachment 474894

Peter, I just can't say thank you enough!
It's really beautiful B congrats!

Alexander Mundy

Ribbon Twister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Springfield, MO
You're probably gonna be the only person vaping an rm2 on Lil pinch you know that :D ...

Say it ain't so Joe! :unsure: JK, I'm still a MTL and the modded Triangle is still my favorite addy for MM. And when I can take a sub $10 atty and an hour of modding with a drill, dremel, and hand tools it certainly is economical. In fact I just modded my last virgin one last night just for the pinch. Note the pristine white ceramic, it was like a sacrifice to the modding gods <note small letter g> for good karma with the new pinch. (I jest, not crazy, that's that other Mundy) Gonna have to order more or have less mods.....cancel that thought I will order more. This one I made reversed 180 degrees from what Rob does with the negative on the right in relation to the air hole. No particular reason, just did it that way to be different. :2cool:

Well, back to the grindstone (or more accurately brimstone today) as lunch time is over for the sweaty one and I must go back out of the air conditioned work van now. :evil:

20150725_081134-1_zpsqorldlg9.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread