◙ Li’l PINCH (←thang) ◙ pdib (←maker) ◙ not sayin’ (←just sayin’) ◙ shuh-ZAM! (←hyperbole)

Status
Not open for further replies.

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
Though Cliff and John were very highly regarded bassists, IMO, the most talented played in probably the best rock trio of all time...
Geddy Lee from Rush

Can't argue with that, I should have said Cliff was among the best.

pdib

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2012
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
when i picked up the bass (which, admittedly, was after years of playing guitar, and cello before that), the first few tunes I taught myself were Stanley Clarke's "Lopsy Lu", "School Days" and John Paul Jones' lines in "What is and what should never be".

Anymore, these kids are pretty good .. . I'll leave it to them. (or their ilk, as they're disbanded)

Last edited:

pdib

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2012
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
not tried clapton
lol...and...I still am using the same coil that came in my Chalice !
Ten Thumbs Up to whoever built that !

@classwife

Annie Mouse says:

it's 7 wraps of 28 with 2mm ID -- but if you don't want
to buy new wire, 3 strands of 32 gauge tightly twisted together will
produce similar results.

TamiPac

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 10, 2014
SE Texas
Last edited:

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
@classwife

Annie Mouse says:

it's 7 wraps of 28 with 2mm ID -- but if you don't want
to buy new wire, 3 strands of 32 gauge tightly twisted together will
produce similar results.

ohmagosh !
Thank you !
And thank you Annie Mouse !
hmmmm...I have twisted 2 strands of copper wire before for some glass pieces so am comfortable with that.
3 strands huh...this will be interesting !
(and I wonder what box my drill is in...lol)

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
happy-fathers-day.jpg

BobC

Reformed Squonker
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2013
Downtown Charleston, SC
That's next up on the block to try, just need some time to wrap some. I haven't tried any of the pre claptoned wire, I'll have to give it a go, thanks.
Go with the Stainless Steel Claptons, my new goto config, works great on both mech and newer TC configurations. I'm using 26/32 and loving it! :w00t:

supertrunker

Living sarcasm
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Texas
aha! but perhaps she'll be stuck in the parking lot, afraid to leave the car and go into the store! (not)

She returned and told me it was hairy out there and that she had to go to 4 stores to avoid the storm. Of course. i did ask why there were grass clippings on my car tyres, but that's just down to her usual parking that drives all over my lawn.

She bought me some mechanic's gloves and so i have a nasty feeling there's work to be done. She bought none for herself.

T

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
She returned and told me it was hairy out there and that she had to go to 4 stores to avoid the storm. Of course. i did ask why there were grass clippings on my car tyres, but that's just down to her usual parking that drives all over my lawn.

She bought me some mechanic's gloves and so i have a nasty feeling there's work to be done. She bought none for herself.

T

Things could always be worse:

Worst-Christmas-Gifts-Ever-18.jpg

CaptSteve

Airborn ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2011
41,000ft at M 0.85

T
Be thankful she returned and she's not still there T

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread