◙ Li’l PINCH (←thang) ◙ pdib (←maker) ◙ not sayin’ (←just sayin’) ◙ shuh-ZAM! (←hyperbole)

Status
Not open for further replies.

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
What a great herd of mods, Brian! They look so good together too; like they state a theme together.
What build did you put on the Nutter?

Thanks P, couldn't have done it without you :)

As far as build, that's going to be an ongoing story for a bit. Right now there's a 8 wrap parallel 24 gauge Kanthal build coming in at .53 ohms. I have found the outer limits of my comfort zone :eek:

I like a warm, really warm actually, vape but this is well into lung roasting extreme. It's a build range I used on the Noisy Cricket and was perfectly fine with but on the Nutter it's too much. I tried first to put a SS build on it but imma gonna need much higher gauge SS to even get close to enough ohms. As soon as I have some time I'm going to build some parallel Claptons to play with, this beast was made for lots of metal. I swear all I have to do is think about hitting the button and the coil instantly lights up.

Im going to have fun dialing her in :thumbs:

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
i run dual parallels on multi battery mods and typically Claptons or single fused ones because they take a bit to heat up.

But you have the powah!

T

image.jpeg

pdib

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2012
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
I find that I definitely need to start pulling a lot of air no later than the instant the coil starts to fire on the Li'l Punch. Seems like a tenth of a second too late and it's had too much time to heat, and then I can't keep on top of it. If my timing is good, tho, and the inhale isn't half-hearted, I get a very pleasant (although rather fullsome) vape. So, he who hesitates is lobster.

pdib

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2012
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
Sho' nuff. Splitting that parallel coil into duals might help too. Although I gather that high-rise of an atty likes a center mounted coil better?

Regardless, there's the situation in the trenches. One may spend a bit of time setting up some "maybe this'll work" build for an 8.4V (nominal) setup, and then there's the matter of vaping it for a bit. At such times, sucking harder and bigger and sooner. . . . errrm, sucking more aggressively .. . . may just make all the difference.

anyway, I should mention, this isn't some kind of advice to you, Brian, on my part . . . yer a seasoned ol' vapemonster . .. just chatting in general.

MsLoud

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2013
The solution for heat is to go lower gauge gradually. You already know that but just a reminder. The more mass, the more the heat capacity. Of course that would give you more surface area which is why I would get a nut puncher to begin with. HI.
So this would mean I need more wraps of 26g SS than 28g SS to get the same ohms if using the same 2.5 coil jig right?

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
Yup on the center mounted single coil observation. That's my preferred coiling style and the No Pity is made to do just that. I'll probably try duals at some point but will keep on with the quest for the single coil sweet spot for now.

The reason I had bought a Noisy Cricket in the first place was to see if this was a direction I wanted to go before investing in a series pdib creation and to play around with series building.

Tried the harder sucking thing and the start to draw before firing thing, it took a little of the edge off but not quite enough. I'll get her dialed in here soon though, it's all part of the fun. Just have to wait for my wife to go out again, she doesn't appreciate walking through a fog bank :rolleyes:

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
The solution for heat is to go lower gauge gradually. You already know that but just a reminder. The more mass, the more the heat capacity. Of course that would give you more surface area which is why I would get a nut puncher to begin with. HI.

What up Aal, still have to check out the new Chili Peppers, life is conspiring against me here lately :yawn:

CaptSteve

Airborn ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2011
41,000ft at M 0.85
I think the good ol' Nutter also needs the right mood to be vaped if you know what I mean. A beast like that needs to be appreciated with something like a nice single malt (try a Yamasaki, yes it's Japanese believe it or not) or something like that.

Nautilusfan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member

Doffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2014
Australia
have you tried claptons? it pretty much maintains the resistance of the central wire, with extra width making up the difference

so 7 wraps of 26 is within 0.02ohm of 7 wraps 26/32 clapton, but it handles powar better

the commercially available spools are pretty good now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread