◙ Li’l PINCH (←thang) ◙ pdib (←maker) ◙ not sayin’ (←just sayin’) ◙ shuh-ZAM! (←hyperbole)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
What is it with coming up here during hunting season and the power going out? Just before 9:00 this morning it went out, and unlike last year, there was no apparent reason for it -- the weather was fine!

3242SRK.jpg

Thankfully, it was only out for four hours instead of five days, and it didn't take long to connect and fire up the generator we got last year.

Doffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2014
Australia

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA

TamiPac

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 10, 2014
SE Texas
I'm really sad to hear that Ernest! I was hoping some truth would get through before it came to that. Love Duterte in general for all the great things he's done. I know some don't understand his very hard line but they also don't understand how terrible the graft and corruption were embedded after so many years. I am seeing people I know who couldn't afford to buy their own homes suddenly doing so much better financially that they are even able to travel a little. Maybe an EPSA moment would help get the truth out.

e30ernest

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2013
Philippines
A social media group that I am in suggested that your president can be prone to irrational outbursts, and this might blow over without eventuating to much?

Yeah sometimes he's like that. But I do think he's serious about banning vaping (he has always wanted to do that). I'm not sure if he has the power to do that though (legally).

Wow. Does he really believe it would be better for vapers to revert to smoking?

He's been pretty hard on smoking as a whole. You basically can't smoke anywhere here except on designated smoking areas. These areas are usually at the back of some mall/building, closed off to the rest with plants and an open roof. It's not an ideal place to go IMO.

I do appreciate that no one is smoking in public anymore though. A few months ago, I was in Hong Kong and it was tough keeping my kids from hitting the cigarettes of smokers walking past us on the sidewalks. Metro Manila was similar before but now the sidewalks is pretty much smoke free.

I'm really sad to hear that Ernest! I was hoping some truth would get through before it came to that. Love Duterte in general for all the great things he's done. I know some don't understand his very hard line but they also don't understand how terrible the graft and corruption were embedded after so many years. I am seeing people I know who couldn't afford to buy their own homes suddenly doing so much better financially that they are even able to travel a little. Maybe an EPSA moment would help get the truth out.

Yeah corruption is hard to fight here given how deep rooted it now is. I think most of the people here are resigned to that fact. Even friends I knew who were well-meaning in the past have become corrupt once they've come to work in the government. Those that stayed straight didn't stay in office for long.

On brighter news... Week 1 is over and here's my vlog:

This is actually fun to make. :D

Blitzdonlife

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2012
Central Texas
Yeah sometimes he's like that. But I do think he's serious about banning vaping (he has always wanted to do that). I'm not sure if he has the power to do that though (legally).

He's been pretty hard on smoking as a whole. You basically can't smoke anywhere here except on designated smoking areas. These areas are usually at the back of some mall/building, closed off to the rest with plants and an open roof. It's not an ideal place to go IMO.

I do appreciate that no one is smoking in public anymore though. A few months ago, I was in Hong Kong and it was tough keeping my kids from hitting the cigarettes of smokers walking past us on the sidewalks. Metro Manila was similar before but now the sidewalks is pretty much smoke free.

Yeah corruption is hard to fight here given how deep rooted it now is. I think most of the people here are resigned to that fact. Even friends I knew who were well-meaning in the past have become corrupt once they've come to work in the government. Those that stayed straight didn't stay in office for long.

On brighter news... Week 1 is over and here's my vlog:

This is actually fun to make. :D

Cool skateboard. Doing good man, keep it up. Looks like you're doing better with the cravings. Keeping busy definitely helps. Good Vlog.

e30ernest

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2013
Philippines
12244294_190240457983860_4081842085033071023_o.jpg

4 years ago FB memory

Wow! Isn't that one of the first ones Pete made? I remember the first batch having that wood and top.

Cool skateboard. Doing good man, keep it up. Looks like you're doing better with the cravings. Keeping busy definitely helps. Good Vlog.

Thanks! Yes keeping busy both physically and mentally helps. Whenever the cravings hit (they still do), I just try to think about something else that I'm figuring out (like the vlog or work or family stuff) to get through it. :D

keithu2

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Honolulu, HI, USA
I have a good handful that won't be going anywhere. :vapor:

I have all of mine too, but they’re “resting “.
I won’t bring them to work and I have to keep my vape stuff on the down low at home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread