1-2 day cap off steep, or is squeezing in new air daily enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lois2013

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Pittsburgh, PA
I've read a lot that most people leave the caps off for the first day or two of steeping, but I've also seen mentioned that it's just as good to squeeze out the old air and introduce new air into the bottle and shake for those first few days, in which case you don't need to leave the cap off - supposedly you get the same effect. Any thoughts/experience with both?

My concern about leaving the caps off is that I have eight bottles steeping in the same box....will steeping with the cap off cause any kind of flavor contamination among the bottles?

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
Steeping is done in a sealed bottle and it just allows entropy to happen. (Lets components fully disperse.)

Airing-Out, or Breathe, is cap off and it allows nicotine to start oxidizing, may allow some more volatile flavoring notes and/or PGA to evaporate out. However you introduce air will suffice.

Each may do a different thing to the flavor of juice...And it may do nothing at all.

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
Phone post like for hoosier.

Some liquids are good out of the mailbox that are made to order, some need a couple of days, and some may take weeks or a month.

I've found the sweet/syrup smelling liquids just need a couple of days. Some alcohol/pga smelling liquids could take longer, but there are many I've had that smell perfect right out of the mailbox that need a couple of weeks. This is why drip atomizers are a necessary piece of my vape toolbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread