1.2 ohm coil in Nautilus mini

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nimaz

ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2015
Yeah, you're right, it's too hot. Seems to work fine at 8-10w. I think I still prefer the Nautilus mini cause I'm used to it. Gotta experiment with the Triton mini more to get it right

The Nautilus Mini was my favorite tank before I started making my coils. 10-12 watt was my sweet spot at that time with the factory 1.2 ohms coils. I switched to Temperature control with Ni coils and finally decided to build my Titanium coil on a Kayfun tank... i've been stock on it for awhile now...

Reactions: Christopher O

Nimaz

ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2015
Wow do I have alot to learn, but I can see myself getting right into the science of this stuff, really interesting.

There is a bench to learn, but it's not that complicated.... The hard part for me is to decide what to get because there is so much to choose from. 2 months after I started, I was making my own juice (called DIY), and soon after that making my coils with what's called Rebuildable Atomizer (RBA) on temperature controlled devices. The terminology is a bit fancy but it quite straightforward when you get hands on it... There is a lot of info here on ECF, but take your time and vape on!

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Yeah, you're right, it's too hot. Seems to work fine at 8-10w. I think I still prefer the Nautilus mini cause I'm used to it. Gotta experiment with the Triton mini more to get it right
You are good with that setup. I prefer my triton mini over my nautilus mini's the top fill is a winner.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
There is a bench to learn, but it's not that complicated.... The hard part for me is to decide what to get because there is so much to choose from. 2 months after I started, I was making my own juice (called DIY), and soon after that making my coils with what's called Rebuildable Atomizer (RBA) on temperature controlled devices. The terminology is a bit fancy but it quite straightforward when you get hands on it... There is a lot of info here on ECF, but take your time and vape on!
The best thing about vaping is there is so much you can customize. The worst thing about vaping is there is so much you can customize.

Last edited:

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
The Nautilus Mini was my favorite tank before I started making my coils. 10-12 watt was my sweet spot at that time with the factory 1.2 ohms coils. I switched to Temperature control with Ni coils and finally decided to build my Titanium coil on a Kayfun tank... i've been stock on it for awhile now...

I am using the Nautilus Mini with 1.8 Ohm coils and the sweet spot I found was around 12W for tobacco and 12.5W for my Tropical fruit. The adjustable air on the Mini is an awesome feature.

Any suggestions on a good supplier for the BVC Atomizers? I figure instead of trial and error with online suppliers I might find the answer here.

Reactions: Janie47

schwiiing

Mar 1, 2016
Sonoma, CA
I am also using the Nautilus Mini tank and am quite satisfied with it, so far. I've been using the 1.8 coils on a Innokin iTaste VV4 set somewhere between 10.5-13 watts depending on my mood. Recently needing annother pack of coils, I almost ordered a pack of the 1.2 ohm Tritons. After reading a bit in the forums, I figured that my 6v / 15w max battery may be stretched trying to run a low ohm coil.

Checking an ohm calculator, a 1.2 coil at the max wattage setting of 15w would be running at 4.2v; at the max voltage setting of 6.0 it would produce 30w, however, I have no idea if it would actually run that freely.

Since then, I've been poking around trying to learn if there are any other coils - that are compatible with the Nautilus Mini - that'd be worth checking out to see if or how it changes the vape.

Anyone know if I'd get a decent vape off of a 1.2 coil using my current battery? ...or, if there's a coil besides the Aspire BVC that's compatible and worth trying? I'm not unhappy with the BVC coils, just always looking to see if there's something to make it better. After reading user reviews of the Triton Clapton, I'm not inclined to purchase them. Nor, am I interested in building my own coils - too much stuff I can't manage to get to, as it is.

Any personal experience observations would be appreciated.

Nimaz

ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2015
I am using the Nautilus Mini with 1.8 Ohm coils and the sweet spot I found was around 12W for tobacco and 12.5W for my Tropical fruit. The adjustable air on the Mini is an awesome feature.

Any suggestions on a good supplier for the BVC Atomizers? I figure instead of trial and error with online suppliers I might find the answer here.
I got mind from MVS or vapor authority (US)... I stopped ordering them a long while ago and even rebuilt these factory BVC coils with some success before I switched to full RBA.... I also got the RBA for Nautilus Mini, which was not so fun from my stand point. It's all ending up in gaining vaping independence, meaning that I try not to order supplies from a third part to get my vaping gears on... I'm full time on TC working Ti coils and the last time I ordered stuff was 4 months ago. Not good for the business industry, but still I wanna be an independent vapor.

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
One B&M shop round my way sells LR 1.6ohm BVC coils for the Nautilus / Mini.

They vape better than the 1.8's, especially with higher VG.

I found the 1.2's could go up to around 20W, guy at shop said same, using 50/50 but I didn't really like it and got it exchanged for a 1.8 clapton. The claptons are decent, but you have to go down to like 11W or the TH is too much for me...

Christopher O

Feb 23, 2016
One B&M shop round my way sells LR 1.6ohm BVC coils for the Nautilus / Mini.

They vape better than the 1.8's, especially with higher VG.

I found the 1.2's could go up to around 20W, guy at shop said same, using 50/50 but I didn't really like it and got it exchanged for a 1.8 clapton. The claptons are decent, but you have to go down to like 11W or the TH is too much for me...
I have also concluded that the 1.6 ohm coils are perfect for the Nautilus mini. Still haven't figured out the Triton mini yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread