1.5A charger for Mudder 3200mAh Battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

robbieyoung

Sep 10, 2012
Scotland
I have just bought a Mudder 3200mAh battery from Amazon. (Link in post 3)

For charging it states:
We highly suggest using a certified wall charger and authentic e-cig usb cable to charge(1.5A output or more is recommended).
Using computer usb output power(0.5A output) may significantly extend the charging time.

I cannot find a suitable charger anywhere.
Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance for any information.

Last edited:

Sgt.Rock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2014
The Poconos

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
They are referring to the USB power supply that you plug the charger into. The charger itself is still a 420 mA standard eGo battery charger. Since that charger only draws 500 mA current their suggestion to use a 1.5 amp power supply makes no sense. It won't hurt anything, but 1.5 amps isn't necessary either.

I don't know what your intention or understanding is but that battery DOES NOT get directly connected to a USB power supply. It still needs an eGo type battery charger that then gets plugged into the USB supply.

Last edited:

robbieyoung

Sep 10, 2012
Scotland
I understand the maximum charging current is limited by the smallest output of all components in the chain ie power supply and charger or maximum battery input.
I understand that it makes no sense having a 1.5A USB power supply to charge through a 420 mA ego type battery charger.
This is why I thought the instructions implied you should use 1.5A eGo type battery charger to get the fastest charging process.
I just wondered whether such a thing actually existed as they seemed to imply and if so is it even safe to charge at such a high current.

Rsunderl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 4, 2014
Silver Spring, MD, USA
dragon welcome2.jpg
Hi robbieyoung and welcome to the forum!

I think the point they are trying to make is that using the computer usb charging port instead of a wall charger is the issue.

Hope it helps and Happy Vaping!

Cloudmann

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2015
North Charleston, SC
There is no such ting as a 1.5A ego charger. So far as I know, the "high" current chargers top out at 500mA output, 1mA input while the standard ones are 420mA output with 500mA input, depending on the voltage of the battery screwed into it. The most you can get is half an amp to the battery, and that's going to take a LONG time with a 1.5A rated battery that has a 3200mAH capacity.

Last edited:

Sgt.Rock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2014
The Poconos
Not the right link. I wasn't allowed to post the correct link so hopefully this is allowed.
amazon Dot co Dot uk/Mudder%C2%AE-Adjustable-Electronic-Cigarette-Protection/dp/B00TI5YU2M
Ahh..2200 not 3200 as you originally posted.

The one you link to is the same as several other 2200 mah ego batts and will charge fine on ANY ego charger (I've had several)

robbieyoung

Sep 10, 2012
Scotland
If you change options then you will see the 3200mAh battery I bought for 13.99.
I appreciate all the advice and accept that the chargers I currently have will do the job just fine.
I thought the advert seemed to suggest that a 1.5A ego charger cable was readily available.
I just wanted to check if this type of thing actually existed and if it was safe to use - which obviously it is not.
Thank you to everyone who contributed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread